Clubplanet Nightlife Community

MLB offseason wheelings and dealings

JonStephen

Some moves recently that happened:

Todd Jones signed by the Tigers for 2 years at 11 mil

Kenny Rogers signed by the Tigers for 2 years at 16 mil

Soriano traded to the Nationals for Brad Wilkerson, Terrmel Sledge, and minor league pitcher

O's signed Ramon Hernendez for 4 years at 27.5 mil

Renteria traded to Braves for Andy Marte

....aside from whats already occured with Burnett, Wagner, BJ Ryan, and Pierre

The Rogers move is kinda risky I think...an "if" of a pitcher if there ever was one

Orioles signing Hernendez? no doubt he's a good player but they already have Javy Lopez. Wonder what they are planning to do with Javy

The Renteria trade I see as something the Sox felt they had to do due to Boston papers dumping on Rentawreck for a while now

Todd Jones being let go shows the Marlins care very little about winning next year amongst all the other players they dealt away or let go

........interesting offseason so far to say the least

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not to mention Loretta for Mirabelli

great move for both squads. Loretta is QUALITY at second even though he's no stud and Mirabelli has been the best backup catcher in the league behind the best catcher in the league for a few years now and should help out the Pads who just let Hernendez go

plus RFK is prolly the worse hitters park in the NL. his numbers are gonna go down - on the other hand, the Nats had no hitting -NONE- last year. further, MLB is still sucking dick by not getting a f*cking owner for the team. the GM is on a 6 month contract while interviewing for other jobs, the manager has not been re-hired, they've lost 2/5 of their starting rotation from last year.

plus RFK is prolly the worse hitters park in the NL. his numbers are gonna go down - on the other hand, the Nats had no hitting -NONE- last year. further, MLB is still sucking dick by not getting a f*cking owner for the team. the GM is on a 6 month contract while interviewing for other jobs, the manager has not been re-hired, they've lost 2/5 of their starting rotation from last year.

You want funny here is sorianos ops splits

Home: 1.011

Away: 639

Average

home .315

away .224

HR's

home 25

away 11

Wicked bad trade.

i know about that, he's had better numbers at home vs. on the road. and those home #'s were in texas, prolly the most hitter friendly ball park in the AL.

yeah, he doesnt want to play outfield. nat's second basemans in guzman (i think). anyway, i'mnot expecting anything from the nats this season. the way they are going, if they win more than 70 games it will be a success.

they need a fucking owner!

Now Tejada wants out of Baltimore....

If he lands on the market, the Sox should do everything in their power to snag him

They would be nuts to trade him to us, if they did it would take manny-lester-arroyo-marte and money

ehhh...you're giving Tejada too much credit. He didnt do anything the entire second half of the year and is known to have spells where he is an average player at best.

Manny on the other hand has been consistantly the best right handed hitter in baseball this past decade and will continue to be for the next few years

.....in other news the Mets shocked the world by signing old man Julio Franco to a two year deal

not only will the Marlins not refunding season ticket holders after their fire sale (obviously)...they are RAISING, yes RAISING ticket prices this year. they REALLY want nobody to show up to give them more of a reason to leave florida.

I think Lola should post her tits :idea:

I'm so disappointed with the marlins organization. They traded all of our players for some people that i've never even heard of.. we have a hard enough filling seats and now they want to raise ticket prices? What a bunch of shit. I used to think building a new stadium was not needed - but after going to a few games and really looking around, we DID need a new stadium... but miami politicians wouldn't budge or come up with the money. They should have put it up in Broward so that its half way between Dade and Palm beach - becuz there's no place that's easily accessible in dade county to get to/from....

such a shame... world series champs in 1997 and 2003... well at least we got two huh.. lol

And yeah, if i get a new pic of my tits, i'll be sure to post em' for you boys.. i just got some new bra's so maybe i'll get wild with the camera phone tonite. :laugh: