Clubplanet Nightlife Community

2006 FIFA World Cup

pookie23

Zambrotta has been absolutely stellar, and Mauro Camoranesi has recently played well. Yes, the focus of Italy's attack lies w/ a deep-lying playmaker in Pirlo and a regular number 10 in Totti. However, do you think both players will be given the same space to create and attack by Vieira and Makelele? France has arguably the best defensive midfielders in the world, so playing on the wings will take pressure off in the middle by forcing Vieira and Makelele to come out to the sides more.

camoranesi has been coming on the last few games, but he dissapeared after the first half in the germany game.

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

camoranesi has been coming on the last few games, but he dissapeared after the first half in the germany game.

He's inconsistent as shit - but when he has his flashes of brilliance, it definitely doesn't hurt us.

you dont need to move him to central midfield, you move him behind the two srikers and the midfield. have pirlo fill the role of the central midfielder and give totti the liberty to move between the midfield and the fwd, line which is where he is best. he has liberty of movement at roma even though they tend to play withj only 1 true striker at roma as well, but mancini attacks so much that gives him more liberty in moving between each line.

Yes, but by having two strikers and Totti play, you are either sacrificing Gattuso or Perotta. Who is going to win balls and mark Zidane? Pirlo is more of a converted playmaker - he naturally isn't a demolition man and will have his shins kicked off by Vieira.

I understand what you're saying, but by doing that, we would expose the defense too much, as there will be no one on the pitch who can protect the backs. Moreover, Nesta might not play, so Materazzi the butcher will be exposed right away w/o any help. 3 minutes into the game, Zidane would beat him and knowing Materazzi, he would most likely go two feet into him in the box.

dude, if liverpool is actually going after joaquin, that means manchester has the money to go after him as well. sell ronaldo, and you get the $ to go after him. lopera is finally selling betis, he was the one keeping joaquin on the team, now that he's selling the club there is no better time to go after him.

bellamy wont be a starter, liverpool has had lotsa injuries, hes a good addition to add depth into the squad. come february and march its when you need to have a deep squad to get past the knowckout stages of the CL while remaining in contention in the league and domestic cup competitions.

apparently marseille is still interested in signing him regardless of his injury. ribery might leave after the WC as his stock has risen from the tournament as good a time to cash in.

they finally got the work permit for mark gonzales and signed fabio aurelio from valencia - rafa has yet to dissapoint.

Yeah, I love Fabio Aurelio. If he was playing for Brazil instead of that defense-deficient dinosaur, Roberto Carlos, Henry would have not been wide open to get that goal.

And Liverpool could go after him all they want, but I still doubt Betis would let him go for anything less than 40 million Euros. IMO, he's a better player than Ronaldo, as he can actually cross the ball, and doesn't need to do 500 stepovers to move only one yard up the field.

btw,

04.jpg

You know what they say, rats are the first to leave a sinking ship.

Watch Capello quit midseason after Real buy 3 world-class strikers and promote more stiffs from their B team to start in central defense.

Yes, but by having two strikers and Totti play, you are either sacrificing Gattuso or Perotta. Who is going to win balls and mark Zidane? Pirlo is more of a converted playmaker - he naturally isn't a demolition man and will have his shins kicked off by Vieira.

I understand what you're saying, but by doing that, we would expose the defense too much, as there will be no one on the pitch who can protect the backs. Moreover, Nesta might not play, so Materazzi the butcher will be exposed right away w/o any help. 3 minutes into the game, Zidane would beat him and knowing Materazzi, he would most likely go two feet into him in the box.

true. nesta isnt playing . . .well at least that is what i've read so far. imo, man of the tourney for italy has been cannavaro.

Relegate them all. Of course, knowing Inter's luck, we'd still probably come third behind Treviso and Messina.

Seeing Milan and Juve in the Serie B would be great. Fucking cheaters.

....its amazing though, if this scandal was in the US, somebody definitely was going to jail....Fabio Capello was an excellent coach, wonder who hires him......will be a great pick up....

....serie C ?? wtf !!! are the prosecutors on crack....lets not get carried away here.... Juve fans should torch the cities anyways.....

Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey, goodbye!

12365_news.jpg

what a douche... that headbutt probably cost the french the WC.. all though Italy's goal keeper was on FIRE.. that save at the end of regulation was fucking DOPE.. nice reach... 6'4" italian stud muffin :heart:

anyway, i only caught the 2nd half, both OT's and the penalty kicks.. that headbutt was freakin' crazy.... a veteran player such as that should know better than to pull a bonehead move like that...

oh well.. 4 more years of non-soccer WC threads on CP now... such a shame.

doom, what about your boy marco "the butcher" materazzi? who would've though he would be involved in the most important plays of the game. :tongue:

1. what a douche... that headbutt probably cost the french the WC.. all though Italy's goal keeper was on FIRE.. that save at the end of regulation was fucking DOPE.. nice reach... 6'4" italian stud muffin :heart:

anyway, i only caught the 2nd half, both OT's and the penalty kicks.. that headbutt was freakin' crazy.... a veteran player such as that should know better than to pull a bonehead move like that...

2. oh well.. 4 more years of non-soccer WC threads on CP now... such a shame.

1. yeah, thats why they should just do it like hockey and send out a goon to foul people, imo.

2. :shaky:

Zidane surprised me with that..

such a class act :rolleyes:

WTF could he have said to ZZ

and for a supposed legend in the game to lose it like that and basically ruin your teams shot at the cup is unacceptable . Kill yerself ZZ

Penalty kicks decides a month long tourney for the world championship....yeeeccchhhhh

WTF could he have said to ZZ

and for a supposed legend in the game to lose it like that and basically ruin your teams shot at the cup is unacceptable . Kill yerself ZZ

Penalty kicks decides a month long tourney for the world championship....yeeeccchhhhh

yeah the announcers were talking about that.. the game ending with penalty kicks.. they make a point though.. i mean the game has to end at some point..

think about it.. the OT could really last forever.. only 3 subs the entire match... at the end.. the players were practically walking around.. then the goalkeepers don't have to run anywhere, so they are just fine.. the game could last 29323292892 OT's....

yeah the announcers were talking about that.. the game ending with penalty kicks.. they make a point though.. i mean the game has to end at some point..

think about it.. the OT could really last forever.. only 3 subs the entire match... at the end.. the players were practically walking around.. then the goalkeepers don't have to run anywhere, so they are just fine.. the game could last 29323292892 OT's....

thats were ugly american ingenuity comes in place , Even though the diehards on board ghooost.,doom, Vicman etc. dont want to hear it , the game is great it just needs some tweaking .

you mention the subs ...id start right there and allow more than 3

and theres a point in time these guys are just wiating around for the PK

there too scared to take a gamble on making an offensive move in hopes to score, becuase they will take there chances at Pk

thats were ugly american ingenuity comes in place , Even though the diehards on board ghooost.,doom, Vicman etc. dont want to hear it , the game is great it just needs some tweaking .

there too scared to take a gamble on making an offensive move in hopes to score, becuase they will take there chances at Pk

it was good to see Italy win on flawless PK though..makes them overcome their Pk curse from the last decade

gaaaaahhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

to the inquisition with bxbomb!!!!

they actually should allow an extra sub in extra time.

my biggest beef is with teams who employ diving as a strategy. good to see that the refs started to call the games on a more consistent manner in the semi's. teams like portugal and italy (in the first round) really demerit the effort that everyone puts into the game.

i would like it if there could be a way that FIFA could do 3 things:

1. come up with, say, and "orange" card. yellow for things like diving, orange for a hard foul and red for a flagrant foul. 2 orange cards = 1 red. 4 yellow = 1 red. i think they have to crack down on diving, but i would not consider diving as big of an offense as say a tackle from behind.

2. do like the NFL. give each team the opportunity to challange 1 call pre half. the france-south korea game, france clearly scored that goal and they couldn't do anything about it. figo's headbut, the karate kick of the portuguese defender to the dutch player in the netherlands-portugal game, those were direct reds. heinze's foul on the mexican player at the end of the first half when he was the last man in the argie defense, that is a text book red card. at least give the team 1 opportunity to protest a call. people are worried about how it will affect the flow of the game? like all the diving doesnt affect the flow of the game.

3. get a second ref. into the game.

gaaaaahhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

to the inquisition with bxbomb!!!!

they actually should allow an extra sub in extra time.

my biggest beef is with teams who employ diving as a strategy. good to see that the refs started to call the games on a more consistent manner in the semi's. teams like portugal and italy (in the first round) really demerit the effort that everyone puts into the game.

i would like it if there could be a way that FIFA could do 3 things:

1. come up with, say, and "orange" card. yellow for things like diving, orange for a hard foul and red for a flagrant foul. 2 orange cards = 1 red. 4 yellow = 1 red. i think they have to crack down on diving, but i would not consider diving as big of an offense as say a tackle from behind.

2. do like the NFL. give each team the opportunity to challange 1 call. the france-south korea game, france clearly scored that goal and they couldn't do anything about it. figo's headbut, the karate kick of the portuguese defender to the dutch player in the netherlands-portugal game, those were direct reds. heinze's foul on the mexican player at the end of the first half when he was the last man in the argie defense, that is a text book red card. at least give the team 1 opportunity to protest a call. people are worried about how it will affect the flow of the game? like all the diving doesnt affect the flow of the game.

3. get a second ref. into the game.

golf clap for Vicman

yeah another Ref is a must

and the diving and bull shit fake injuries drive you frikkin mad

If some one is taken off ina a stretcher they should not be allowed back on the pitch in 3 minutes

I personally would rather they play out then do PK's.. i knew that Italy was just trying to hang in there (you could tell they were tired as fuck) to get to the PK's... once there, they knew they'd have an excellent shot to win... thanks to their (hot) 6'4" goalkeeper.. Clearly the French were out-playing them in the 2nd half...

However, i can also understand why people would want to go to the PK.... the game really could last forever. lol

I like the two 15-minute OT's.. why not do two more. :D

doom, what about your boy marco "the butcher" materazzi? who would've though he would be involved in the most important plays of the game. :tongue:

Bro, I seriously had no fucking clue! :rofl:

Seriously look at my previous post - I almost predicted everything w/ 100% accuracy. He did hack someone in the penalty box - except it was Malouda - and had a confrontation w/ Zidane.

If you like him so much, believe me, I'm sure most Inter fans will be relieved if Liverpool took away our "World Cup Hero". :rofl:

Vicman and all other interested parties, watch this video. It's only five minutes long. Just mind the shitty rap music and you'll see exactly why he's called "the Butcher".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HblsV-urHg&search=materazzi