Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Review: Boris @ Crobar

The visit The 4 of us, 2 boys and 2 girls, got there a little after midnight and asked for a table. The minimum was $500, and they lead us to the booth in the mezannine. We ordered a bottle of Gray Goose, that was $300 and a bottle of Absolute later, that was $250. Unlimited mixers were included, the waitress was friendly, the bus boy came over every 10 minutes to change glasses, bring in a new ice bucket, whatever. The sound in the mezannine was surprisingly great, actually - even more enjoyable than in the pit, which was, predictably, packed.

The music Personally I thought the music was perfect. I love tribal and I love Boris - for 5 hours the set was consistent, but not boring! At 5 AM the music changed to monotonous tribal with no tone, just the bare beat, and stayed this way until we left. The change was so drastic I thought it was a different DJ, although I was a little distracted by the show on the other side of our booth: a stunning brunette with a bare ass riding some musclehead.

The crowd I felt like I was in Sheepshead Bay Bally's: guys don't really work out, they just walk around in tight shirts showing off their muscles. However they bring the most perfect looking girls with them, who don't seem to be put off by the fact that they are usually considerably taller than their men. This was definitely not the place for average-looking girls to look for hook-ups - they just went unnoticed. Drug dealers came over a few times, I understood that weed and extasy were on the menu. I have to say drug dealers were friendly and not really pushy, their colleagues in the Caribbean could learn attitude from them.

Be aware Crobar adds 20% gratuity to checks, so the check came out to around $750. Also they stop serving liquor at 3 AM, moreover they insisted on clearing out table at around 4 (I think) and took away a half full bottle of vodka. A great night otherwise!