Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Tryst

lalate

Will be open by the 30th (formerly La Bete) @ the Wynn

Here's the stats so far (some new features, some La Bete holdover features)

Waterfalls adoring the dance floor

Fireworks on patio

Full view of Wynn waterfall

Martini bar at entrance*

Private Stage in VIP room *

Blackjack tables inside the club*

Open Bar 9 to 11

La Bete was crap. Let's hope that this club doesn't follow in it's footsteps. It doesn't matter how pretty it is. Who cares?

lmao, the aesthetics of the venue may not matter to you, but they definitely matter to the people who spend thousands of dollars on bottle service, which is what keeps these places open. If no one cared what the clubs in this town looked like, the people who build them wouldn't spend many millions of dollars to make them beautiful.

lmao, the aesthetics of the venue may not matter to you, but they definitely matter to the people who spend thousands of dollars on bottle service, which is what keeps these places open. If no one cared what the clubs in this town looked like, the people who build them wouldn't spend many millions of dollars to make them beautiful.

As I said a couple of posts ago, I'm new to the board but I've been reading the posts for a while. I remember reading a bunch of posts about some clubs that said that people were more interested in the music than what the place looked like. Now you're telling me that looks do matter. I think people in this room need to make up their f**king minds and own up to what they said before because right now, you're just a bunch of hippocrates.

I remember reading a bunch of posts about some clubs that said that people were more interested in the music than what the place looked like. Now you're telling me that looks do matter.

I think you're taking previous comments out of context.

Most people on this board, myself included, have heaped loads of praise on Tao, largely due to its decor, layout and staff. Some of us have expressed our opinion that their music is strictly average, but we nevertheless agree that Tao's business won't suffer one bit.

With Tryst, although they've brought in Victor Drai, I don't think they're going to be able (nor want) to avoid having a slightly older crowd than other premier clubs in town. An older crowd, especially at the Wynn, is more interested in scenery and less likely to flinch at dropping $500 (or more) per bottle of Goose. Everything else that Wynn is doing is the BTB approach -- Better Than Bellagio -- so it only makes sense that they'd like to pursue the type of audience that is attracted to Light.

Comparatively, clubs like BE, OPM and ICE tend to be more focused on music because they're atracting crowds that are more interested in the social scene and the dance floor than they are in lush surroundings.

For their first year, BE paid out the ear for DJ AM because they knew he would help make a huge draw to the club -- yes, that's a big "celebrity" thing, but he's gotten to that level because he plays music that really gets people going on the dance floor.

OPM has built a reputation and huge crowds largely because of the quality of their music, and they continue to move down that path by hiring residents that people across the country are aware of.

ICE is the biggest example of a club whose crowd considers music at the top; their total through the door is entirely related to who's on the decks. Their biggest priority is promoting an evening around a DJ such as Oakenfold or Tiesto, compared to a joint like Pure, who runs their promotions around celebrities like Wilmer Valderrama.

Long story short, for Tryst to survive they will need to put on a cosmetic appearance that is like no other in town... without forgetting that they need to promote it properly, especially to locals. This was ultimate downfall of La Bete, where most locals I know were less turned off by the weak music there than they were by the poor treatment and service they received, even on slow nights.

I think you're taking previous comments out of context.

Most people on this board, myself included, have heaped loads of praise on Tao, largely due to its decor, layout and staff. Some of us have expressed our opinion that their music is strictly average, but we nevertheless agree that Tao's business won't suffer one bit.

With Tryst, although they've brought in Victor Drai, I don't think they're going to be able (nor want) to avoid having a slightly older crowd than other premier clubs in town. An older crowd, especially at the Wynn, is more interested in scenery and less likely to flinch at dropping $500 (or more) per bottle of Goose. Everything else that Wynn is doing is the BTB approach -- Better Than Bellagio -- so it only makes sense that they'd like to pursue the type of audience that is attracted to Light.

Comparatively, clubs like BE, OPM and ICE tend to be more focused on music because they're atracting crowds that are more interested in the social scene and the dance floor than they are in lush surroundings.

For their first year, BE paid out the ear for DJ AM because they knew he would help make a huge draw to the club -- yes, that's a big "celebrity" thing, but he's gotten to that level because he plays music that really gets people going on the dance floor.

OPM has built a reputation and huge crowds largely because of the quality of their music, and they continue to move down that path by hiring residents that people across the country are aware of.

ICE is the biggest example of a club whose crowd considers music at the top; their total through the door is entirely related to who's on the decks. Their biggest priority is promoting an evening around a DJ such as Oakenfold or Tiesto, compared to a joint like Pure, who runs their promotions around celebrities like Wilmer Valderrama.

Long story short, for Tryst to survive they will need to put on a cosmetic appearance that is like no other in town... without forgetting that they need to promote it properly, especially to locals. This was ultimate downfall of La Bete, where most locals I know were less turned off by the weak music there than they were by the poor treatment and service they received, even on slow nights.

Dont know if it was ever posted..... but the unofficial afterspot to Tao's grand opening party (that ended at I recall 11 pm that night) for locals was La Bete. And yes, they charged locals and industry peeps that night. And no, it was not fun.

And, fyi, saw AM perform live again ... at a private function at LA's #2 spot LAX (co-launched by AM) last night. Have to say that his set for the most part was truly truly amazing. He really is extremely extremely talented.

With Victor Drai in charge of La Bete, a.k.a. Tryst, they will continue to charge locals and everyone else that they can. Smaller clubs have to remember that if they don't take care of their locals, locals can be very detrimental to their business. They are not only detrimental physically by not going to that certain venue, but they can also give bad "word of mouth," which can go a long way. There are a great number of locals who take their out-of-state friends out to clubs on a daily basis. Personally, if I was a non-industry local and my friends asked me to take them to the "hotspot," I definitely wouldn't take them to a club that I was mistreated at.