Clubplanet Nightlife Community

PHILLY HEADS MEETUP...

k guys i'm seriously looking into setting something up, in case you didn't read the other post on the meeting philly clubbers thread... i will be checking both...

here goes, i have a list of places just to throw out to you guys, express your interest to me i'll set something up at one of these places, or whatever gets the most response.. hoping for sometime in jan? let me know!

in no particular order:

Transit

Evolution

Aqua Lounge

Eden Roc

Fluid

Chemistry

Shampoo- probably preferably Thursday

Deco-Fridays

Motion formerly Space

Gasoline-although with the recent mistreatment of a dj, i dunno if you guys are up for going there..

for the bar types- Kaleidoscope Kafe

and Finnigans' Wake

8th Floor for you latin night heads

Any other suggestions are welcome!!! holla!

for those that would like to email me instead.... Mace319@hotmail.com cwm32.gif

------------------

"Well you think i'd leave ya lonely... you know me better than that... if you'd think i'd leave you down when your down on your knees... well i wouldnt do that.. you're so much better than you know..."

[This message has been edited by safitamace319 (edited 12-14-2000).]

JANUARY JANUARY!! So I can attend. If we go during the week, I say Shampoo THursday's. ARe drinks still 25 cents?? I loved that!

As far as the weekend and places to go we should ask Adam for his opinion or see if he's spinning anywhere. Transit is a good option. But we must wait till Jan!

Yeah whateva I'm in. But not Shampoo thursday. Yeah drinks are still a quarter, and they DO have Philly's best TRANCE DJ's in a respectable setting, but no one goes no matter how hard you promote it. And plus Shampoo is WAY too mainstream. And some of the members that contribute here are below 21, so we either just have to find a quaint little meetup spot and just chill, or have the burden of going to one of Philly's "quality" underage nights. Your choice, Philly heads.

------------------

shen.gif Highmdam Wing tall.gifspider_blackwidow_dangle_md_wht.gif BOO! spider_drop_md_wht.gif

AOL: Highmay9

Napster: Jayme

shampoo on Thrsdays is OK especially on a trance nite cause i really cant stand that Tronco dude... I think drinks are still 25C.

Fluid is good too... Transit on Sat nite, downstairs is pretty cozy even better if u like housy tunes...

------------------

O Lord, help me to be pure, but not yet!

St. Augustine

Hey guys, I have a great idea for a spot, im doing a pre-party with maneo.com in january and then every 2 weeks fridays from 9-11 at envy in old city... Its gonna be open bar im pretty sure, and I can work out vip passes (if not comps, reduced) to clubplanet people... how's something like that sound..

-Adam

------------------

House This! :) www.djadamf.com djadamf@aol.com

Originally posted by housemusic4evr:

Hey guys, I have a great idea for a spot, im doing a pre-party with maneo.com in january and then every 2 weeks fridays from 9-11 at envy in old city... Its gonna be open bar im pretty sure, and I can work out vip passes (if not comps, reduced) to clubplanet people... how's something like that sound..

Sounds good to me!!

wow sounds good guys!! yea and some are open till 330.. i asked a few dj friends of mine that work at Falcon Club (i live down the st from there) and they supposedly have an after hours hting from 4-8 am once in a while, but they said it was mostly downstairs people at the bar watching sports loll go figure. oh well, sounds like fluid, evoluion and transit as well as eden roc might be our best choices for a meet up.. shampoo is a maybe...

------------------

"Well you think i'd leave ya lonely... you know me better than that... if you'd think i'd leave you down when your down on your knees... well i wouldnt do that.. you're so much better than you know..."

thanks bucca mwas!! i like you, think it's about dammmm time. adam i'm diggin the idea, let me know about that party thing with maneo and where your spinnin come january. email me at Mace319@hotmail.com so we can talk about something. sounds good and thanks soo much for responding! finally a crowd in philly that gets excited to go out! i posted on the other thread as well in case you miss this one. ciao and mwas.

------------------

Even though I think Envy attracts the worse of Philly, if you'll be spinning I'll check it out.

Are you finished with your gig at Gasoline, or do you still spin there on Saturdays? There are some good parties coming up in Philly though...

Dec. 21 @ Evolution - Bad Boy Bill

Dec. 27 @ Evolution - Frankie Bones & Feelgood.

I'll be at both those events, so let me know if anyone wants to meetup there. Both will be a little more rave like, so be prepared.

------------------

Live life every day as if it were your last!

Corporate

djcorporate@hotmail.com

adam i just checked out the philly messageboard on maneol. talk about drama!! i guess people still can't agree, they just wanna bitch and moan. lol. well hey, i'm sure if we had a meet up we would light it up wherever you go, all you need is a good crowd and some variety. talk to you soon!

------------------

YOu dont have to tell me cholo, we met with the owners from envy last week... they play totally commercial music (im talking rob base and hip hop), but the place is supposedly packed... so in their opinion why change it.. but as most know, the commercial thing never lasts, as soon as the next big thing comes along, hasta la vista crowd, they all go there.. They basically told us "by the end of your set you need to get cheezy" for the other dj smile.gif mo green... i wont comment!! Gasoline went gay on saturday and transit is, well, transit, totally confused, they made fridays latin and salsa... i just dont see that working in a big club, great idea for a smaller place, well im sure the latin/spanish people will like it, something different...

-Adam

------------------

House This! :) www.djadamf.com djadamf@aol.com

What about Silk City? I've heard mixed revies about that place. What kind of music is it? I heard it was more Drum and Bass, correct?

I've only been to Envy when a fraternity from my school has rented it out. Of course I had fun b/c I knew everyone in there! Don't know what it's like on a normal night though.

Silk City is phat. Very intimite crowd. On the last Friday of the month, the have the PHILADELPHIA EXPERIMENT. 4 djs a night, doing tag teams all night. A really good time. Also, the last Wed. of every month is great at Fluid, for Josh Wink and King Britt. There are some great, small venues in Philly. Another place to go is Fluid on Fridays, for Afrorican Vybes. Great time. Flavor at the Eden Roc on Thurs. is good, and for just a drink and some good music, Guru is always fun.

I'm telling you people, if this stupid 2am rule was gone, Philly could be great. But it not, so you know what we have...

------------------

Live life every day as if it were your last!

Corporate

djcorporate@hotmail.com