Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Where are you going for NYE?

sancib

I was checking the message board but I didnt see any post's on what everyone is doing for NYE... I was thinking about the Sports Arena this year, I fear that Giants' event will be chaotic with so much stuff going on. I have seen Judge Jules before when Giant was at the Hollywood Athletic Club, he was really good. What is on your agenda? :beer:

I was checking the message board but I didnt see any post's on what everyone is doing for NYE... I was thinking about the Sports Arena this year, I fear that Giants' event will be chaotic with so much stuff going on. I have seen Judge Jules before when Giant was at the Hollywood Athletic Club, he was really good. What is on your agenda? :beer:

Been to the T-A-One two or three years in a row.

saturday, december 31st

Join us as we celebrate the

BIRTH OF A NEW YEAR

and welcome 4 of the TOP 20 DJ'S in the world by Tranceaddict.com

midnight ceremony by:

M.I.K.E. aka PUSH

armada :: mike.be :: belgium

GABRIEL & DRESDEN

gabrielanddresden.com

organized nature :: sf

MARKUS SCHULZ

armada :: markusschulz.com :: miami

JOHN 00 FLEMING

john00fleming.com :: joof recordings :: uk

300_nye_la.jpg

Been to the T-A-One two or three years in a row.

So it is safe to assume that you had a good time then? How do you think the bar/drink thing will be? Just because I hate feeling "corraled" in like when you go to the Vanguard and they have the 21 and over people roped off.

i won't be going out due to both a lack of funds and a desire to avoid that kind of high-party-pressure. i don't, though, want to hang out with the same people i did last year: i was a straight girl at a party with 25 gay guys who only spoke in private jokes and cheap innuendo all night long. i was entirely excluded from all conversation, so i spent 6 hours or so playing shrek 2 on xbox all by myself. what a rotten new year's :unhappy: .

i'd be happy to chill at my own house if i had just a few friends over or even just my roommate. but my roommate is still emotionally shackled to his ex (they broke up 3 years ago), so my roomie will be wherever the ex is... i'd like to hang out with my best female friend, but she probably has to screw her boyfriend at the stroke of midnight... it's getting complicated already. it all begs the question:

is it better to be alone on new year's eve or at a party that's not fun?

i was a straight girl at a party with 25 gay guys who only spoke in private jokes and cheap innuendo all night long.

sounds like the bump board...

although the line up for the sports arena is great i would never go there again.. i went for halloween and it totally wasnt what i expected.. it was a bunch of 17 year olds running around.. i even sprung for the VIP ticket so we got to wait in a seperate line but that was ajoke the vip line was atleast an hour anyway.. ill be in la jolla seeing dj dan.. hopefully it wont be a bust

So it is safe to assume that you had a good time then? How do you think the bar/drink thing will be? Just because I hate feeling "corraled" in like when you go to the Vanguard and they have the 21 and over people roped off.

Both years AMAZING time. The NYE 2003 party was named by us the best party of the year. And last year was just as good.

Hard to explain in words why it was so good but I will try. And no, not too packed AT all.

a) The music - great. And the outside - very cutting edge. Really have NEVER heard that sound (all though its not underground at all) at any major or underground party here. The small rooms great too.

B) The people. OMG. I switched from (basically a rave setting) to go to this the following year hoping to replicate a place where people would turn to you at 12:01 and say "whats ur name? Have a great year." This place did it. Met tons of people that drove from Colorado just to party here

c) The village is really great. Different, fun, fresh

d) The food -REALLY GOOD LOL. OMG we were shocked.

e) The drinks - crap but what do you expect. Last year I cant rememebr what my ex and I did for drinks. The previous year me and my (other) ex bascially hustled the vip door and got in our party of 10 into the free vodka area . Junk really. Smart and Final vodka and ralphs orange juice, that bad.

Overall, if you dont like

a) to party around people under 24, dont go to this (cuz some people have a issue with that)

B) dont like a rave-dressed environment, dont go to this (I still have the bracellet "ALLEY CAT" gave to me when I arrived).

c) want apple martinis and see Nick and Jessica, not the right scene.

Otherwise, go go go. Its really wonderful.

i won't be going out due to both a lack of funds and a desire to avoid that kind of high-party-pressure. i don't, though, want to hang out with the same people i did last year: i was a straight girl at a party with 25 gay guys who only spoke in private jokes and cheap innuendo all night long. i was entirely excluded from all conversation, so i spent 6 hours or so playing shrek 2 on xbox all by myself. what a rotten new year's :unhappy: .

i'd be happy to chill at my own house if i had just a few friends over or even just my roommate. but my roommate is still emotionally shackled to his ex (they broke up 3 years ago), so my roomie will be wherever the ex is... i'd like to hang out with my best female friend, but she probably has to screw her boyfriend at the stroke of midnight... it's getting complicated already. it all begs the question:

is it better to be alone on new year's eve or at a party that's not fun?

Its best to go out on nye even if one is single and/or partying alone. There are tons of economical parties ($25) at great clubs in LA. The bar scene will be wonderful. And there are a ton of super afterhours that dont cost an arm and a leg either. The whole "dress up to a T and be with a couple on NYE" has really sort of left our culture to some extent over the last few years.

i'd go to a party thats not fun get wasted and raid the pantry. i'd take a doggy bag full of stuff with me . . .

on the other hand, i hate going "out-out" on NYE. house party with god friends is the way to go, imo.

thanks for the response, vic. i think i'd be more inclined to go and get wasted and then just walk around the neighborhood or something if i didn't think that 40 degrees at night is too cold. i'd have to stay inside with these annoying people :no: .
Its best to go out on nye even if one is single and/or partying alone. There are tons of economical parties ($25) at great clubs in LA. The bar scene will be wonderful. And there are a ton of super afterhours that dont cost an arm and a leg either. The whole "dress up to a T and be with a couple on NYE" has really sort of left our culture to some extent over the last few years.
thanks for the response to you, too. i don't drink, though, so bars really bore me. and i don't wanna go out by myself.

i guess it seems that it's looking like i'll stay home by myself, but i've still got time.

There's a good party of my friends in Studio City that I can get you in on discount if you wanna go... or.... one year i stayed home and ate chinese food.. it was awesome.. i had a bottle of champage all to myself in my bed watching the ball drop and eating chinese.. White Trashing it... i think that's what they call it :) but hey girl... you'll find something.. rent a good movie.. ;)

thanks for the response, vic. i think i'd be more inclined to go and get wasted and then just walk around the neighborhood or something if i didn't think that 40 degrees at night is too cold. i'd have to stay inside with these annoying people :no: .

thanks for the response to you, too. i don't drink, though, so bars really bore me. and i don't wanna go out by myself.

i guess it seems that it's looking like i'll stay home by myself, but i've still got time.

ANother suggestion.... alotta peeps do house (or stay home) for nye and then go out and afterparty at 2 am (cuz there are some good offerings) or forgeo NYE and party on NYE day cuz there are some equally as good parties on nye day.