Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Best house DJ in NYC for NYE!?!?!?

Contemplating going to Pacha for Carl, but I have never heard him live and I think it might be too much techno for me. I like a bit more traditional funky house. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. Also would be looking for table service if feasible.

Cielo will be having TEDD PATTERSON and WILLIE GRAFF both good djs, Shelter willl be having timmy regisford and sting international. Shelter is more of come in your sweats and get ready to dance for 14hrs type ofparty. While cielo will be better suited for you if your looking to get tables call them to find out.

JUNIOR VASQUEZ...

He gives you all kinds of club music on his NEW YEARS parties in NYC, djing swiftly in and out from trance to tribal to electro grooves to gospel house to underground house to mainstream dance music. If you want to hear a wide variety of club beats and dance with a wide variety of party people, he's the MAN! Plus you get Re-entries in and out the club.

No lie.

Have fun where ever you are at.

Enjoy and Happy New Year 2006

$70 UNTIL 12/31/05.

ADVANCE TICKETS ARE AVAILABLE AT:

WWW. junior vasquez music. COM, Roxy Box office, Wear Me Out store(353 W 47th St), Re:Vision store(265-A West 19th St.) 21 and over.

Re-entries will be permitted with wristbands until noon; Kristine W will perform at noon; the bar will be open from 10pm-4am and again from

noon until closing; a continental breakfast will be served at

8am;

roxy1231mincopy.jpg

Carl Cox is hand's down the best dj spinning in NYC this New Year. This is the first time he's spinning a New Years set in New York and his style isnt strictly techno. He never really gets to the hard techno level usually he starts off at a nice upbeat house tempo and gradually goes to that festive tech-house/funky sound that he is famous for, it should be a great nite hope to see you there!

JUNIOR VASQUEZ...

He gives you all kinds of club music on his NEW YEARS parties in NYC, djing swiftly in and out from trance to tribal to electro grooves to gospel house to underground house to mainstream dance music. If you want to hear a wide variety of club beats and dance with a wide variety of party people, he's the MAN! Plus you get Re-entries in and out the club.

No lie.

Have fun where ever you are at.

Enjoy and Happy New Year 2006

$70 UNTIL 12/31/05.

ADVANCE TICKETS ARE AVAILABLE AT:

WWW. junior vasquez music. COM, Roxy Box office, Wear Me Out store(353 W 47th St), Re:Vision store(265-A West 19th St.) 21 and over.

Re-entries will be permitted with wristbands until noon; Kristine W will perform at noon; the bar will be open from 10pm-4am and again from

noon until closing; a continental breakfast will be served at

Good to see roxy is going to be able to stay open past 6am .. they are advertising they will start serving again around noon ... thats pretty sick ..

Junya MUTHA fuckin Vasquez!!!!Hands up bitches!!!lol.also heres another good reason to go to Juniors "Land of the Living" Party.got this article from HX.com.

Living for It

Kristine W will drop by to inspire the Roxy boys on New Year’s Eve ...

Back

Living for It

Kristine W will drop by to inspire the Roxy boys on New Year’s Eve

by Tony Giampetruzzi

Most everyone is anxious to celebrate the end of 2005. It was a difficult year marked by tsunamis, hurricanes and the loss of more than 2,000 American soldiers. As such, the New Year’s Eve party at Roxy, headlined by mega jock Junior Vasquez, has two purposes. “We want to honor those affected by the disasters of the year and to encourage people to dust themselves of the sadness from 2005 and step into 2006 on a positive note,” says Gene DeNino, the club’s owner. After all, if there’s one thing we can all be grateful for, it’s that we are among The Land of the Living - hence, the theme of this year’s celebration.

The Land of the Living

Of course, the night borrows its name from the song made famous by gayland’s favorite diva, Kristine W., who recognizes the relevance of the song’s message to the turmoil of today. But when she began writing it 10 years ago, she confides, it was for a more personal reason.

“The song is about my dad. He was the person that I spoke to every day; we had the same passions, and we shared our dreams. When he died,” she continues, “everyone ran the other way and I was forced to handle all of the arrangements myself. I found myself sitting in his home, with everything reminding me of him. The world seemed so empty and I was alone.”

To maintain her spirits, Kristine threw herself into her Vegas singing career, performing two shows a night, six nights a week. It became a grind. She learned the glamorous life wasn’t as fabulous as she had believed it would be. It was a lot of hard work. And it was about to get harder: Six years later, Kristine was diagnosed with leukemia and underwent chemotherapy. “One of the major side effects of the chemo is memory loss,” she explains. “I played my songs over and over again so that I could remember the lyrics.”

One song in particular, “The Land of the Living,” took on a brand new meaning. “The lyrics fit the situation I was in. I remember being afraid to fall asleep because I was worried that I wasn’t going to wake up.” At one point, Kristine was in the oncology unit at UCLA with e coli poisoning, a staff infection and a fever that the doctors couldn’t lower. “I was so down and depleted, and I focused on ‘Land of the Living.’ I realized that I had been living the song in Vegas and now I was frightened I might be dying the song in the hospital.”

But the light wasn’t ready to dim on the superstar. She recovered her strength and is in her third year of remission. “I have so much to be thankful for,” she says. “I have the most wonderful family, friends and fans in the world. They inspire me everyday.”

Among her friends is another vocal powerhouse, Patti LaBelle. Earlier this year, Kristine re-recorded “Land of the Living” as a duet with the legendary songstress for LaBelle’s recently released, Classic Moments album (DefJam).

She’ll Be Your Light

And yes, Kristine will perform “Land of the Living” at Roxy on New Year’s Day. She’ll also debut her new single, another inspirational tune, “I’ll Be Your Light.”

“‘I’ll Be Your Light’ was written when I was in the hospital fighting leukemia. The fight was the toughest of my life,” she admits. “But I’ve learned that no matter how bad things get - and things were pretty bad for everyone in 2005 - there is a light at the end of the tunnel, and it’s filled with hope and love.”

Land of the Living, with Junior Vasquez and Kristine W, New Year’s Eve at Roxy, 515 W 18th St, 11pm. $60 until Dec 24. $70 until Dec 31, roxynyc.com and ******************.com.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It Takes Two

Junior and Kristine W go back

This year’s Land of the Living New Year’s Eve party at Roxy won’t be the first time Mrs. W and Mr. V have shared the spotlight. The two club icons have been making beautiful music together for years.

“Our very first performance together was in 1996,” recalls Kristine. “Since then, we’ve performed many times together, including New York’s gay pride in 2001.”

At first, it didn’t look like this year’s event would happen. Kristine was already booked to perform New Year’s in Ft. Lauderdale, but when she learned Junior would be spinning, she was determined to find a way. She’ll still perform early in Ft. Lauderdale, then board a flight for New York, arriving in time for her Roxy show.

“Junior and I are part of a tight-knit group that began in dance music together,” Kristine says. “We all learned from each other by working together. It’s important that we remain supportive of each other, so that we can grow the wonderful genre of dance music.”

hey backupqueen why don't you just back the fuck up.1st off Kristine is Family and is welcomed with open arms.2nd the last time Kristine Played @ a Junior event it was 4 years ago at Junior's gay Pride Pier Dance.3rd miss hunny when you first got on this board you would give someone as much shit as i would when they talked smack about Junior or his parties,but lately you seem to be just trying to pick a fight with me??take that negative bullshit someplace else!!last year Junior had Tamyra Grey from american idol sing "raindrops will fall".and on a last note miss think she knows it all the reason why you saw alot of Vernessa Last year was because she had a new cd out and some really good inspirational gospel songs that Junior did mixes for as well as other djs doing there own mixes that became club hits.ive seen soo many other preformers do there thing at Many of Juniors events.and speaking of originality the 2 preformers that u speak of wouldnt be where they are today if it wasnt for Mr Vasquez...he helped jump kick their careers,was there with them from the beginning,i dunno to me that sounds very original.

Cielo will be having TEDD PATTERSON and WILLIE GRAFF both good djs, Shelter willl be having timmy regisford and sting international. Shelter is more of come in your sweats and get ready to dance for 14hrs type ofparty. While cielo will be better suited for you if your looking to get tables call them to find out.

Hey, hey, hey....... come now Gab, aren't you missing a party on that list? Local favorite venue for NYE, dope funky house beats, top notch local talent playing?

Hey, hey, hey....... come now Gab, aren't you missing a party on that list? Local favorite venue for NYE, dope funky house beats, top notch local talent playing?

If Gab had another event in mind I think he would have mentioned it in his post. Fishing for something?

Oh snap how could i forget, here ya go more options for people who wanan try somethign other then the usual big rooms.

PEOPLE NYC are thrilled to be throwing:

New Years Eve Afterhours at Sullivan Room (3am-10am)

--> Come save your New Years after dropping 150 at that boring, bullshit party and dance till the dawn w/ your hosts:

Alex Pearce

Arana (Wobble)

Eric Martinez (People)

EJC Collective (Justin R, Elon & Connie)

Rich Foster (Purity UK)

Rob Keith (3 Speaker High)

Kenneth L (People)

$10 all night. email EricmartinezNYC@gmail.com to be on the list!

Sullivan Room

218 Sullivan st (Btwn Bleecker & West 3rd)

www.sullivanroom.com

AND ANOTHER:

babylon's kiss

AFTERHOURS

5am - 12noon

january 1st 2006

soundtrack:

freddy valerio + lunic

$10 w/invite or guestlist

$15 w/out

21+ w/ID

:evil: sin sin :evil:

85 second avenue (corner of 5th st.)

6 train to Astor Place

F/V train to 2nd. avenue

info: 201.766.2843

lunic@lunicmusic.com

LOLZ!!! I love how promoters work!

Cheers to all djs who call themselves "top notch local talent" !!!

LOLZ!!! I love how promoters work!

Cheers to all djs who call themselves "top notch local talent" !!!

lol, who are you?

I'm not a promoter, if 1 person shows up to the party or 600 people show up it doesn't effect me at all. I'm just a DJ guy....

Me and Gabe happen to be good friends so he missed a party on his list, I was taking a poke at him.

Now take a deep breath and relax.....

the best Dj spinning on NYE is Junior Vasquez.

you want to hear more then one style of music for the night... go listen to junior vasquez.

you want to hear mixing skills like no other DJ... go hear junior vasuqez.

you want to hear remixes made just for that night, that you will never hear again.... go hear junior vasquez.

no other DJ, IMHO can top him.

now edubz i respect junior and his contribution to the house scene. The man is a legend and that can never be disputed, unless someone is new to the scene and doestn know anybody and listens to only one style of music,

BUT there are alot of djs out there who dont stick to only one style of music for the whole night.

TEDD PATTERSON

DANYN TENAGLIA

DANNY KRIVIT

TIMMY REGISFORD

FRANCOIS K

LOUIE VEGA

JOE CLAUSSELL

Just to name some ALL play nyc either wekly or monthly and incorportate 30+yrs of dance music into their sets as well.

hey backupqueen why don't you just back the fuck up.1st off Kristine is Family and is welcomed with open arms.2nd the last time Kristine Played @ a Junior event it was 4 years ago at Junior's gay Pride Pier Dance.3rd miss hunny when you first got on this board you would give someone as much shit as i would when they talked smack about Junior or his parties,but lately you seem to be just trying to pick a fight with me??take that negative bullshit someplace else!!last year Junior had Tamyra Grey from american idol sing "raindrops will fall".and on a last note miss think she knows it all the reason why you saw alot of Vernessa Last year was because she had a new cd out and some really good inspirational gospel songs that Junior did mixes for as well as other djs doing there own mixes that became club hits.ive seen soo many other preformers do there thing at Many of Juniors events.and speaking of originality the 2 preformers that u speak of wouldnt be where they are today if it wasnt for Mr Vasquez...he helped jump kick their careers,was there with them from the beginning,i dunno to me that sounds very original.

Wow, err, yeah I certainly am the one who needs to "back the fuck up" because you're not the one over-reacting to a 2 lines post expressing my un-excitment about the performer at Jr party ... does everyone has to love and praise everything jr according to you? I hope not.

And about "lately you seem to be just trying to pick a fight with me", I don't even know you! or -no offense- care that much about you or your love for all things jr to want to 'pick a fight' on a freaking internet board.

Really there's no need to be that offensive because one person somehow expresses a slight doubt about a jr party, it sounds like paranoia.

Sure, I won't be part of it, but hey! To each is own, have a good time and I'll do the same somewhere else (private party then Crobar laaaater) .

As for the "Best DJ for NYE" I think the combo Cox/Calderone is amazing but I don't even want to start to deal with the crowd at Pacha so I'll stick to a late arrival at Crobar for VC.