Victor Calderon - most overrated dj period

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

why do people say VC is underrated

what more can he do to be "rated"

man has earned his respect in this industry and is what he is cause of years of hard work and gig s from here to europe and in between,

Agreed on this. He's far from underrated. The man has played and continues to play all over the country and world, from Paris, London, Israel, Tokyo to Portugal etc. He's played alongside some of the best DJs in the world e.g., Vibe, Tenaglia, Tom Stephan, Cox and in some of the best clubs in the world e.g., Stereo, Ageha etc. His productions skills are also top notch. Calderone may not have the notoriety that a Tenaglia, Digweed, Lawler or Howells may have, but he's definitely not underrated.

im sorry but i have to disagree victor is the fkin man he ripped that shit from the moment i walked in at 9 am and i closed it out the day flew by

simply amazing droping the deep dark trible beats

played work this pussy into his version of 8 letters sick

i think who ever said hes garbage must have been on to many drugs

:gang: to each their own...victor was victor (some just don't "get it").... oh well...i had an amazing time! as usual :) he went deep deep into the deepest jungle later on.

PRESTA, Peter vs CEVIN FISHER - O'Rox Some More (Victor Calderone re-edit)

Luzon- The Baguio Track (Chus and Ceballos remix) waat! :o

Creamer and K- I wish you were here ....

GET JAZZY! :D

....and that moment when jivan and victor with the headphone on his son! w0w..just made me smile :)

one love

indy xxx

My girlfriend and I got there around 10 and stayed till 4.

It was our first time seeing VC and overall it was a fun experience, and a cheery crowd i suppose. I thought other party's had problems with shirts off, but apparently this one takes the prize. ALso, if your 35, and dont wanna wear a shirt, get your body waxed, getting rubbed by old gray back hair is pretty f`in disgusting. Besides that until 1 or 2, it seemed like he'd start to pick up and let off. After 1 or 2, he was much harder, and kept the crowd moving, and that was the best part. Overall had a good time, glad to enjoy a different party on new years rather then a drug festival at peters. Hope everyone had a good time.

Keough

My girlfriend and I got there around 10 and stayed till 4.

It was our first time seeing VC and overall it was a fun experience, and a cheery crowd i suppose. I thought other party's had problems with shirts off, but apparently this one takes the prize.

Keough

There's always a spot on the dancefloor somewhere for the folks who don't do the shirtless thing.

I know that's where I usually am because there's just no way in hell I'm putting my shift off, after spending all I'm spending on clothes? ;)

nah if your str8 and want to wear your shirt...just hang out upstairs..and there are no issues...

I dont care if a crowd is str8 or gay .....but keep your fucking sweaty ass covered.....

your fuckign disgusting...I dont care how many hours you spend in the gym......if you eat pussy , or suck dick ......wear clothes and have some class... ....we are all hot in there.....deal with it

that was major things that irks me about "gay" friendly parties.....it makes the crowd so trashy and nasty and turns off alot of people

granted they are not catering to the "str8" crowd, but music is music and should be loved by all and catered to all IMO

on eof the major reasons I hate Junior Vasquez....from all his antics barring str8's and shit.....

Agreed on this. He's far from underrated. The man has played and continues to play all over the country and world, from Paris, London, Israel, Tokyo to Portugal etc. He's played alongside some of the best DJs in the world e.g., Vibe, Tenaglia, Tom Stephan, Cox and in some of the best clubs in the world e.g., Stereo, Ageha etc. His productions skills are also top notch. Calderone may not have the notoriety that a Tenaglia, Digweed, Lawler or Howells may have, but he's definitely not underrated.

exactly...his edits and productions are world renowned yet I always see these posts "most underated"

if he was underated he would be spinning at some local shit hole and making 1k a gig ....

he spins at crobar .....one of the best rooms in this city, your not underated when you make it there..

now as for calling him "overated " like this thread....that is just a matter of one person opinion and cannot be disputed...

nah if your str8 and want to wear your shirt...just hang out upstairs..and there are no issues...

I dont care if a crowd is str8 or gay .....but keep your fucking sweaty ass covered.....

your fuckign disgusting...I dont care how many hours you spend in the gym......if you eat pussy , or suck dick ......wear clothes and have some class... ....we are all hot in there.....deal with it

that was major things that irks me about "gay" friendly parties.....it makes the crowd so trashy and nasty and turns off alot of people

granted they are not catering to the "str8" crowd, but music is music and should be loved by all and catered to all IMO

on eof the major reasons I hate Junior Vasquez....from all his antics barring str8's and shit.....

This shirtless thing's been going on for decades, I thought you would know it and stopped getting *that* pissed after a while. At this point, it's quite simple: if you can't deal with it that much, follow the EXIT sign.

why do people say VC is underrated

what more can he do to be "rated"

man has earned his respect in this industry and is what he is cause of years of hard work and gig s from here to europe and in between,

the reason i say hes underrated becase alot of people dont know how good he is. or never heard him spin b4.

This shirtless thing's been going on for decades, I thought you would know it and stopped getting *that* pissed after a while. At this point, it's quite simple: if you can't deal with it that much, follow the EXIT sign.

of course it has.....but it will continue to annoy me and countless others..

but you say I should leave cause of it......nah ...why should I get chased away cause of a few spazs, I just have to deal with it ...

but does not mean I can't bitch about it and put down those that do it ...lol

but I mean cmon....do you really like rubbing up against some guys sweaty back ......that is just disgusting.

and it is mostly at the gay themed parties, to which I choose my spots wisely and enjoy myself with in the "fully clothed" section......

of course it has.....but it will continue to annoy me and countless others..

but you say I should leave cause of it......nah ...why should I get chased away cause of a few spazs, I just have to deal with it ...

but does not mean I can't bitch about it and put down those that do it ...lol

but I mean cmon....do you really like rubbing up against some guys sweaty back ......that is just disgusting.

and it is mostly at the gay themed parties, to which I choose my spots wisely and enjoy myself with in the "fully clothed" section......

The way I see it is that Victor's got his break from the gay crowd in NY (then at Roxy then with Madonna then Overseas then now) and if some of this crowd entertain themselves this way then I have to respect it ; and as long as there's a spot on the floor for the rest of the non-shiftless then I'm fine.

As for Victor being under-rated, well .... what? He's remixing everyone, playing everywhere for big bucks, playing the best clubs in nyc and it's always packed ... not exactly the most underrated dj around. Is he under the radar of the JP/Boris fanatics? Yeah maybe, but I'd like it to stay like this.

So the major consensus is that I left just when it started to get good

Like I said b4, the afterhours scene isnt my thing, I've only done the "get there at 11am and stay all afternoon" once for Morillo @ Disco years ago...maybe its me but I just feel weird spending a sun afternoon in a dark club

maybe if he ever plays a venue overnight I'll def give him another shot

The way I see it is that Victor's got his break from the gay crowd in NY (then at Roxy then with Madonna then Overseas then now) and if some of this crowd entertain themselves this way then I have to respect it ; and as long as there's a spot on the floor for the rest of the non-shiftless then I'm fine.

no doubt....but dont get me wrong..this is not a anti gay thing ...this goes to any fan who comes to a club and takes his shirt off.......he is just so tacky IMO ..

but your right ....I stay up stairs with my clothes on...and all my crew...and I enjoy my night ......

but VC def been low key and under the radar cause of the gay following and roxy gigs.....but CROBAR has thrust him into the eyes of everyone....per say...

people who normally would never go to ROXY are getting a chance to experience what he has to offer....

little by little I have watched the revolve party become more and more mixed...meaning more str8 and shit

lots of Boris / jp / dt regulars have been showing up sunday mornings for VC......

So the major consensus is that I left just when it started to get good

Like I said b4, the afterhours scene isnt my thing, I've only done the "get there at 11am and stay all afternoon" once for Morillo @ Disco years ago...maybe its me but I just feel weird spending a sun afternoon in a dark club

maybe if he ever plays a venue overnight I'll def give him another shot

well here is your chance

victor caledrone @ deko lounge with richie santana jan.14th