Clubplanet Nightlife Community

LEF: Ferry Corsten w/ special guest opener Serge Devant @ Crobar, Fri 1/6

Friday, January 6, 2006

Main Room: LEF: Ferry Corsten w/ Serge Devant

Reed Room: Peter Anthony, DJ Tommy Virtue and Aaron James

Prop Room: DJ Unique

Loud, Electronic, Ferocious: Ferry Corsten’s monthly residency with an extra electronic treat: opener Serge Devant. A special 18 and over event!

Tonight at crobar prepare yourself to experience an evening of Ferry Corsten’s unique sound and upcoming music that he is currently working on for his new album with guest artists that we believe help build the music scene to what it is today...Loud Electronic Ferocious! Known for the countless aliases Corsten remains steadfast in pursuing his dream of spreading his unique sublime sound to music lovers worldwide. Don’t forget to check out his newest release, Passport: Kingdom of the Netherlands, in stores now.

Serge Devant’s crobar residency and style has been recognized by many accomplished and world-renowned DJ/Producers, including Tiesto, Ferry Corsten, Paul Oakenfold, Armin Van Buuren, and Paul van Dyk to name a few. Serge's music has continually been featured in PVD's Fritz radio sets and Paul Oakenfold's Global Groove's radio show on over 30 major stations in the US. Serge’s new CD Exhibition 3 on Lost Language Records is available in stores everywhere.

Also tonight, crobar goes one step further to support the newest rising stars of the dance music world - check out the local DJ artist showcase: the Flawless Sound of crobar in the Reed Room from 10 PM to Midnight. This week’s featured artist is Peter Anthony. Don’t miss DJ Virtue and Aaron James mixing it up with rock n’ roll, hip-hop, and house after the DJ showcase in the Reed Room. In the Prop Room, DJ Unique spins R&B, house and classics.

18+ to enter, 21+ to drink

$30 advance / $40 door

http://www.wantickets.com/Function/event/eventdetail.asp?e_id=15754&ref=cp

listen Im a house fan but i know good music when I hear it & ferry was outrageous last night.

big energy lots of melodoc tracks & the crowd was pretty bananas. the energy was like cox's last set but not as rammed so easier to move 7 find a spot.

also serge was major he played a big room headline set before ferry & was impressive too. ferry really banged it out to top serges epic climaxes.

i have enjoyed a few ferry cds like 5 years ago but never heard him live. hes much better live & i appreciated the melodies & the hard trance style.

****1/2 out of 5 stars.

ferry's music earned ****1/4 but the massive energy adds to it = ****1/2

i heard 00 fleming at arc ferry is WAY better with the hard trance & it was only slightly cheesy in the last hour when he pulled out some late 90s classics. I wish he hadnt done that but I guess thats the only way to top off a hard trance bangers set, with some well worn classics from 1997-99

Ferry Corsten wut a joke, trance is dead people NO MOREEEE TRANCE!

you obviously know nothing about Ferry Corsten becuase isn't playing that kinda trance that he used to play back 96-01. he has become much diverse in his track selection and his playing alot more progressive, tech, house.

and judging by your posts on here it seems you are the resident PACHA Cock Smoker

totally agree hes playing tech-house, hard trance & some melodic pop house.

I had heard recently that ferry has been firing on all guns of late at crobar & man am I glad I went!!! holla this party is BOOMING!! ferry is laying down some intense energy & the night didnt quit from 12 with serges killer opener to ferry then serge again til almost 7: [coldplay speed of sound] such a night!!