Clubplanet Nightlife Community

New To Nyc From Mn

Hello.

My friend and I are from Minnesota and traveling to New York City this weekend (1/13-1/15). This is the first time to NY for us both. We are mainly looking to party all night in the clubs, but would like some good suggestions on where to go. We would like to meet some cool people and maybe even rub elbows with a few celebs.

Also, what style of clothing is recommended?? Are jeans and collar shirts pretty acceptable in clubs or should we upgrade some?? We want to be able to fit in. We are both 26-28 year old straight males.

Thanks for any help!!! Can't wait to see Manhattan!!

Def hit the spots listed above, but Crobar will be my best suggestion. If you just want to hit up a lounge that plays hip hop, house, 80's & rock feel free to contact me at 973-941-3515. Here are a list of parties I do in the city if you care to go.

* * NYC PARTIES * *

Monday's @ THE PARK

Tuesday @ LOTUS

Wednesday's @ AER

Thursday @ GYPSY TEA

Friday @ QUO

Saturday @ STRATA, 58, & DUVET

Victor Soto

Red Carpet promotions

I read about Crobar and it sounds like a cool place, but some of this club's reviews make it sound hard to get in. Just how hard is it to get in?? Any suggestions when getting into clubs??

In my opinion its not hard to get in on most nites, there may be a few exceptions when a big time DJ is playing-but this should not be a problem if you get there early (11ish).

My friend and I are from Minnesota and traveling to New York City this weekend (1/13-1/15). This is the first time to NY for us both. We are mainly looking to party all night in the clubs, but would like some good suggestions on where to go. We would like to meet some cool people and maybe even rub elbows with a few celebs.

Also, what style of clothing is recommended?? Are jeans and collar shirts pretty acceptable in clubs or should we upgrade some?? We want to be able to fit in. We are both 26-28 year old straight males.

Definately hit up Crobar on the 13th for Satoshi Tomiie and Behrouz. Gonna be an awesome night without a doubt! Jeans and a nice t-shirt or a collared shirt is fine.

fri the 13th try SULLLIVAN ROOM to avoid the big room drama and hear some local guys take you on a journey.CROBAR has SATOSHI TOMIIE and BEHROUZ and that is just WOW., and hasnt been mentioned in this thread but SOL will HAVE DERRICK CARTER.

Sat the 14th try CIELO for TEDD PATTERSON and after 5am go eat and then head over to SHELTER where TIMMY REGISOFRD will keeep you goin until 2pm sundayafternoon. And if looking for somehthing to do on sun letme know.

Hello.

Since the bouncers at Crobar probably don't recognize your face since your from out of town and it is Boris on Saturday, play it safe and don't wear sneakers or a t-shirt. Wear a collared shirt and clean trendy jeans (i.e. no Lee , wranglers or Levis).

Judging by your post, it sounds like you don't really care too much about DJs, but more about the whole "NYC experience." I didn't grow up here, so from the out-of-town perspective I would definitely recommend Crobar for the big club experience. If you're trying to go to the kind of place where you might bump into celebs you might want to try Marquee, Lotus, Cain or Home, but it's doubtful you're going to see anyone famous on a weekend. I wouldn't worry about getting into Crobar, I would recommend wearing shoes over sneakers, but other than that you should be fine.

Definately good advice to stay away from sneakers, something casual but not too dressy, you need to feel comfortable enough to dance but dressy enough not to get turned away. Most clubs are not difficult to get in as long as you dont show up at peak hours like 11-1. But if you want an after-hours party Spider Room in Avalon on friday night is always a fun place with good people and a nice crowd. If you want to see a nice new club Pacha friday is free before 12, and Crobar has really good DJs. Saturday you might want to find a nice lounge or smaller club just to get an experience that is different than the superclubs. And silverbull always seems to know where the best parties are.