Clubplanet Nightlife Community

any social workers out there?

crowina

i know a few... whats up?

this sound naive, but what is the diffrence between cws and msw?

i know c, is cert. and m, is for masters... but what is the pay diffrence and job diffrences... most of the time i see "csw"... hunter (nyc) has a masters program that i am looking into.... any advice. i would like to network with my questions if they can contact me... thanks again

the only way you can do private practice and get 3rd party reimbursement is if you eventually are a LICSW, which you can do after being a MSW.

so when they say "csw" that means a licsw?... you know a link i can find more info on this? i'm not looking for private practice though. i would like to work with abused children, abused mothers, and or, the homeless.

no, i am an LMFT. we're better. ;)

j/k it's kind of the same licensing process.

crowina, look up NASW, if you want info. pretty much, you need a masters degree to do this kinda work.

Thank you so much, thats sweet of you... now what is the salary range? or is it such a big range depending on what one does?... i ask this because everyone i tell i want to go into this field mentions that the pay is low. i am not looking for a six-figure income (though it would always be nice.) but is it within the i want a "house and kids" type range?

Thank you so much, thats sweet of you... now what is the salary range? or is it such a big range depending on what one does?... i ask this because everyone i tell i want to go into this field mentions that the pay is low. i am not looking for a six-figure income (though it would always be nice.) but is it within the i want a "house and kids" type range?

i have to concur with foxy... the pay is terrible and it's a rough field.. if you want to be a social worker but also want to make money your best bet is to work in a hospital.. but still you're only looking at 40-45 starting... as a social worker you're gonna have great difficulty in clearing 60g's a year.. good luck though

a lot of social workers that work on my floor make 60g's at least - they all have masters from nyu

the manager of social work for the department makes close to 90k and she only has her masters - also from nyu i believe

Not from Iona? :boohoo:

i have to concur with foxy... the pay is terrible and it's a rough field.. if you want to be a social worker but also want to make money your best bet is to work in a hospital.. but still you're only looking at 40-45 starting... as a social worker you're gonna have great difficulty in clearing 60g's a year.. good luck though

i know people who started around here at less than 30k.

anyone a csw or a msw? i'm looking to change majors and have questions?

thanks!

"i never heard of a csw before....i know an LMSW is a licensed masters in social work, an MSW is a maters in social work and a BSW is a bachelors is social work....not sure about csw, i don't think you get certified in social work, i think you get lisenced....the more letters you have the more money you will make....my suggestion if you're going into social work is to try the masters social work program at either Hunter or NYU (I hear they're both good programs) and then to take your licensing exam so you can eventually be an LMSW....in social work, they are the ones that make the most money unless you get your Phd, then obviously its more "

"i never heard of a csw before....i know an LMSW is a licensed masters in social work, an MSW is a maters in social work and a BSW is a bachelors is social work....not sure about csw, i don't think you get certified in social work, i think you get lisenced....the more letters you have the more money you will make....my suggestion if you're going into social work is to try the masters social work program at either Hunter or NYU (I hear they're both good programs) and then to take your licensing exam so you can eventually be an LMSW....in social work, they are the ones that make the most money unless you get your Phd, then obviously its more "

no, LICSW is a licensed independent social worker.

i know people who started around here at less than 30k.

gotmilk? where do you work and what company i wanna tell my friend back home...

yeah 40-45 isnt bad for a social worker.. but hospitals always pay better than agencies so you usually start out at 40-45...