Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Annual trip rolls around again Feb 17th

djbrandon

I posted this thread with my review from last year.

http://bbs.clubplanet.com/showthread.php?t=262719

Looking forward to this year being just as cool if not better.

Me and 3 buddies we arrive Friday and leave Thursday.

Only nights I have planned right now are Sunday (Body English) Monday (Foundation Room then Jett)

Some of you Vegas regulars ..help me fill in the rest of my trip.

For reference we liked the music at Pure last year (New and old school hip hop). Whatever scene works best for talking to the ladies is always appreciated.

I'd liek to do Tao but with 4 guys I think I'll need a little VIP assistance to get in there.

I think I have to check out OPM this time around since Masterweb has contributed so much to the board and the reviews have been solid on that place.

I gotta fit Drai's in for afterhours one night too. Any other afterhours spots really hot? Empire Ballroom ( I haven't heard many reviews on this place).

Help me organize my jumbled thoughts.

My two cents on the places you asked about below. I'm gonna be in town Thursday-Monday that same weekend, shoot me a PM if you'd like to meet up at all.

Pure: go on Tuesday. No question. Just make sure to get there early, or go VIP.

Tao: I've gone there three times now, twice part of a group of 4-5 guys, and no problems getting in after waiting just a few minutes in the regular line right around 11. If you think you're going to be getting there after midnight... line passes.

Drai's: Get there *early* or plan on slipping $40 per guy in your group to a doorman. Note that you may still be paying cover on top of that, so if you know in advance when you want to hit Drai's, I'd recommend talking to DarkVixen or finding a VIP host who can help you out.

Empire: great spot, you'll definitely have a good time there. They've just added a second night, so you can choose between Friday and Saturday. No worries on getting in to the place for the most part... but the weekend you're going out (the 17th), they are planning on bringing in some BIG names (Oakenfold for one) to have a pseudo-reunion/flashback night to honor Utopia.

Body English: Sundays at BE are the cornertsone of every trip for me (about once every 4-6 weeks). I've never had anything less than a stellar time there, doesn't matter whether I get in on a table or just find my way in. Always seem to meet more people at BE than I do anywhere else. After BE closes down, make sure to go across the street to the Rainbow.

OPM: For fans of modern hip-hop music, there is no better spot in town. Personally I prefer Fridays at OPM, but I think you'll be happy with either Fri or Sat. Make damn sure to get there before 11, the lines have been nuts lately. And along the lines of your interest, I always meet plenty of ladies here.

Greenie thanks for the info. I'll Pm you and discuss meeting up.

I shot vixon a PM. When she recovers from her most recent party and logs back in I hope to here from her.

Starting to fill in the blanks on my schedule.

I give you a schedule of what to see. Some of the previous posts about lack of lines are not accurate.

la late, thanks any info is appreciated.

I think someone edited my last post or maybe something got screwed up when I submitted it but I had actually thanked you for your input and stated that while Friday - Thursday is a long time I don't know that I could hit every place you had mentioned simply because of lines.

It's funny this year rather than doubtling me, like these guys I traveled with did last year, the same guys are already calling me asking for a schedule because they know based on the info I got here last year that I'll know what's hot this time around. Props to the vegas board.