Clubplanet Nightlife Community

hector romero at pacha, 4 to 6 am report:

saturday pacha. well I dont have complaints like everyone else seems to!

i was at another rocking party til 3:30 or so.

cabbed it to pacha.

no line at 3:30-4:.

$25 on basic list $20 would have been better but whatevs.

inside by 4.

baby hec is playing nice house. 1st track i hear is mariah 'dont forget about us' house mix its a nice remix.

for some reason i cant remember anything that hec played?

I mean it was nice ny house, slightly deep, slightly techy, but it wasnt too hard. i wished hec would have brought the hammer down harder.

can anyone tell me more tracks he played? especially before 4 am?

usually his live sets are better than this. i havent decided on a rating yet but maybe **3/4 stars of 5? it was a nice set & i stayed til lights on at 6, hec & his peeps were having fun up there. but somehow I cant get more specific on his music? can anyone else name some tracks? thanks

also lawler 12/30/05 at pacha drew a rocking and hot looking crowd.

i didnt find fault with the scene sat night at pacha main floor, but nor did i think it was a particularly attractive or notable crowd, maybe a few fun peeps, but it just 'was' and somehow hec's music didnt sink into me as he sometimes does...I woudl have liked a more slamming set, i thought he was kind of in medium gear the 2 hours i heard. not bad at all, but definitely not stunning.

yeah that crowd was "a little of this, a little of that," but there was 1 hottie who was like 5'11" dancing til 6 am, i closed it out til lights up, as i did at behrouz a week ago. behrouz got like 5 encores. hec didnt play any? or 1?? hec's set just wasnt banging like he can do- he has a brilliant record bag but he was just laying out medium house tracks? maybe the vibe was just average last nigty, i had a great pre-party til 3:30 so i went to pacha revved up.

mariahs dont forget about us dance mix stands out- what else did hec play? i cant remember a single other record except some techy-ish-deep-ish ny house....??

as you know ratings are common in our culture- rolling stone LP reviews, ny post movie reviews etc etc.

thank you for reading/listening/getting in touch.

note that I only gave hec **3/4 of five. so im not ONLY a **** guy.

although last week derrick carter got ****3/4 from me and behrouz got ****

yes i will continue to review. thank you

$25 on basic list $20 would have been better but whatevs.

inside by 4.

the basic nyc list was free until midnight. :)

i got there a bit before midnight. I spent the earlier part of the evening in the basement. the beats were solid. Since the basement dance floor was between coat check and the bathroom, there were a lot of people walking through the dance floor early on.

i didnt like the openers for hector very much. the second opener started off really funky, but moved into boring progressive house (nothing personal, i just cant listen to much prog anymore)

hector was fantastic. hactor played a couple of new remixes for madonna and goldfrapp (number 1). I'm not sure which ones just yet.

as for Pacha, i'm probably not going back until Vath in April. It really didnt do much for me. My friends didnt like it either, mainly due to the crowd. They witnessed people on the third floor balcony spitting onto the dance floor. :(

one more thing: pacha went overkill with the strobe lights. that shit gets painful after a while.

Got to Pacha about midnight. Slight line that took about 10 to 15 mins. No problem, though some people on line where complaining that "they" had to wait. SHUT UP. Music started to pick up around 1:30 until Hector came on. Never heard Hector before but his selection was good but never got to hard which you would expect for that time of night but might just be his style. The night never got too crowded and definitely had a good time. The only thing left to say is that my ears and I LOVE in sound in Pacha.

I got there about 11pm and went right to the bar. But I was not able to stale there long because Manny Freytes was playing some dark dirty sexy beats. You don't hear that sound in a big room and I liked it.:heart: It got me in the mood.:bowdown:

Then Cevin Fisher got on and was playing some really fun vocals and played some tribal. Good set.

I love the way the system felt. You can feel the bass in your soul

Hector was next. And what can I say. Him kept me moving.:bootysha:

Saturday night is what clubbing is all about, good music from start to finish, strong drinks, and good lucking people.

I am not gay but I was not able to keep myself from looking at the girls in the shower lol:hump: