Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DUBAI... the 8th wonder of the world...

oldtimer

not sure if anyone seen the special on national geographic but this is a man made island.. the prince of dubai realizes the oil will eventually out so he's making the future hotspot for vacationing so the country continues to be filthy rich.. they're calling it the 8th wonder of the world.. this is a satellite view from space...

palm_satellite.jpg

this is the plan for dubai "the world".. again manmade islands..

the_world_dubai.jpg

this is the plan for the jebel ali palm.. their building islands in the shape of scriptures... this is crazy..

lf182832_1.gif

Guest onisakura

Yeah that place is AMAZING. Its not surprising that many people dont know about it, its probably out of most of out ranges financially.

this is the hotels website... 3500 a night.. lol not that i follow tabloids and us weekly but i heard brad and angelina already vacationed there..

http://www.burj-al-arab.com/

agassi_4.jpg

and this is someone's blog with more pictures that im too lazy to copy..

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.prasanthnair.com/img/dubai_pool.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.prasanthnair.com/index.php/weblog/C21/&h=1287&w=1024&sz=259&tbnid=v8lC9yWWl4tMIM:&tbnh=150&tbnw=119&hl=en&start=19&prev=/images%3Fq%3Ddubai%2Bpool%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DG

It's not a regular tennis court, it was just a mock-up for a photo spread prior to a big tennis tournament held in that city a few years ago. The guy looking over the edge is Andre Aggasi or Agassi or whatever. That deck is actually a helicopter pad. If anybody ever played actual tennis games, I'd hate to be the guy who runs out to grab the stray balls, and run over the side.

It's not a regular tennis court, it was just a mock-up for a photo spread prior to a big tennis tournament held in that city a few years ago. The guy looking over the edge is Andre Aggasi or Agassi or whatever. That deck is actually a helicopter pad. If anybody ever played actual tennis games, I'd hate to be the guy who runs out to grab the stray balls, and run over the side.

yep, thats andre agassi and roger federer :D

They did a cool show on this on the travel channel... like someone said all those islands have already been reserved, wish I could remember the price.. They are planning some real cool stuff there..

Rod Stewart bought England. EN-GA-LAND!

that show was pretty dope. can't wait to visit Dubai. Wouldnt mind working there either...

I saw the hotel, the Burj in a gossip mag a few months ago so I looked it up online because I was fascinated.

I went online and looked up prices... They have rooms for less than $3,500.00 from what I remember... I'd absolutely LOVE to go there once in my life.

I saw the hotel, the Burj in a gossip mag a few months ago so I looked it up online because I was fascinated.

I went online and looked up prices... They have rooms for less than $3,500.00 from what I remember... I'd absolutely LOVE to go there once in my life.

They have rooms for around 700 a night.

It also costs about 35 dollars each way to cross the bridge leading to the hotel. And if you stay there, they send a Rolls Royce to pick you up at the airport.