Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The music in miami ? : Big Circus !

szeretlany

funk why you edited your post?

It seems as some people around here take my words out of context and I will not give them the pleasure to appear right by making me look wrong.

If you read it and agree, then you are not part of the problem...all these bitches get all hot and bothered beacuse this guy allegedly is french and writes for a british magazine...oh fuckit, here I go...I'll re-write some of the points I made.

Being french and writing for a british magazine doesn't give you the right to come to our city and wipe your ass with our local talent and venues (same which are celebrated and sought after by the whole world)...I found specially racist calling Roland a "Sweaty Latino" (go fuck yourself), Mansion a cirque de soleil with no dance floor with an old DJ (we are destination for some of the best old school djs in the country, don't call them "old men")

To all who agreed and praised this guy's post, including close friends and aquantainces, check yourselves...you should've sent this guy to fuck himself fro the get go, instead of bending over and letting him fuck you...the world is fucked up and full of hatred and racism, don't let a french fuck come to your town and display his disgust for those things that are supposed to make your proud...not to generalize, but each culture has a trade as to which they're known for and the french are critical, snubby and belittleing by nature...I know because I have dealt with way to many to have any doubt...

In any case, the main point of my post was that every culture throughout history is remembered for its art and monuments and Miami Beach is now so dirty and full of homeless people and junkies that it has become putrid and smelly and a shame to those of us who had the pleasure to walk its streets, let's say 10 years ago...I blame the actual state of things probably on the major of the city, whose energy lies mainly on real state endeavors and money making personal enterprises...our city is living through a period which I will for ever remember as...

The Reggaaton Crisis

You can't have an opinion if you are chilling, watching the game and drinking a bud...so, wise up...do your reading and get a global idea of who's who before you endorse bullshit like this guy's post...wise up kids, defend you shit with honor and bravery! :)

LOCAL DJS ROCKS AND MIAMI IS A SEXY BITCH...the rest is bullshit and envy.

thank you very much, have a nice day...and you, french pussy...go criticize your grandmother's hairy armpits...pepe lepiu smelly rotten cheese croissant eating citroen driving punk!

:finger:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the truly pathetic part of this thread; is people's lack of respect for their own scene. the scene reflects Miami’s ethnic diversity, and the "wants of the majority that actually support the scene On a consistent basis.". . IMO the successful clubs and promoters in this town are the ones who truly understand the market.

if Miami is not your cup of tea, go elsewhere ... :idea:

I completely agree with the original poster (except for the rolando comment) and would like to add that his opinion/observation is shared by majority of my Euro friends who have experienced 'Miami club scene'. Since most locals are either clueless or are afraid to voice their opinions (because of a good chance of getting on someone's shitlist) I guess it takes an outsider to speak up in order to shed the light on what's really happening in this town.

The way it works in this town is, the more you publicly admire those who are above you, the more chances of moving up you have. In other words, the more you put your lips on another man's backside, the more gigs you will get. Known fact, but only a few will admit it. And very few out of those who call themselves 'DJs' (word 'DJ' is used in this town same way as 'sir' in England, notice the way some people carry themselves).

What happened to outgoing, party-loving people who are dedicated to entertaining crowds instead of self-centered ones, who only care about getting props on local boards and building their resumes (played with _____, ______, and _____)? What happened to hardworking talent like Austin Leeds, Thomas Penton, Dave Preston, Noel Sanger and other locals who have done more for international scene than anyone labeled 'the future of this town'? Why do guys like DJ FX and Erik Kitel have to move out of here in order to pursue their goals? I won't even ask why a versatile crowd favorite Stryke can't get a residency because this question's been beaten to death and remains a mystery to this day.

Imo this town needs more promoters like Marco Davalos whose parties weren't all about featuring his cousin's sister's friend who went to middle school with _____ and one time spun at ______ because _______ pulled major strings to get him a gig. Fridays @ Privilege were some of the best I've gone to and bookings, while not as famous as what big clubs usually bring, quality-wise were 10 times better and you don't have to be an expert to agree.

-DJ #1953. Carry on!

I completely agree with the original poster (except for the rolando comment) and would like to add that his opinion/observation is shared by majority of my Euro friends who have experienced 'Miami club scene'. Since most locals are either clueless or are afraid to voice their opinions (because of a good chance of getting on someone's shitlist) I guess it takes an outsider to speak up in order to shed the light on what's really happening in this town.

The way it works in this town is, the more you publicly admire those who are above you, the more chances of moving up you have. In other words, the more you put your lips on another man's backside, the more gigs you will get. Known fact, but only a few will admit it. And very few out of those who call themselves 'DJs' (word 'DJ' is used in this town same way as 'sir' in England, notice the way some people carry themselves).

What happened to outgoing, party-loving people who are dedicated to entertaining crowds instead of self-centered ones, who only care about getting props on local boards and building their resumes (played with _____, ______, and _____)? What happened to hardworking talent like Austin Leeds, Thomas Penton, Dave Preston, Noel Sanger and other locals who have done more for international scene than anyone labeled 'the future of this town'? Why do guys like DJ FX and Erik Kitel have to move out of here in order to pursue their goals? I won't even ask why a versatile crowd favorite Stryke can't get a residency because this question's been beaten to death and remains a mystery to this day.

Imo this town needs more promoters like Marco Davalos whose parties weren't all about featuring his cousin's sister's friend who went to middle school with _____ and one time spun at ______ because _______ pulled major strings to get him a gig. Fridays @ Privilege were some of the best I've gone to and bookings, while not as famous as what big clubs usually bring, quality-wise were 10 times better and you don't have to be an expert to agree.

-DJ #1953. Carry on!

This post is so dead-on, it's not even funny. :bowdown: And yet it's sad that we wait around for an outsider, one from London nonetheless (with clubs like Fabric, what do they know about EDM, right? :rolleyes: ) to tell us how lame we are and then we're too stubborn and close-minded to appreciate his/her criticism.

You're right. Miami rocks. We're the best. We shouldn't change anything. We are all perfect: one big happy nightlife family. :D

-DJ #1953. Carry on!

I can see why you'd agree with the original poster...I, for one...much rather listen to you spin than to many posers out there, the fact that you and many other talented djs are not on the forefront of things makes it hard to understand the criteria of dj booking in this town...which yes, I have to agree with you...has a lot to do with who you know and how good an ass-kisser you are.

I disagree with the demeanor it was written and found it offensive to us locals...Miami's doors are open for anyone to come and try their luck, chances are if you are really extraordinary, nothing will stop you from succeeding, take Diaga for example...it's not just about spinning records, there's an infrastructure and persona to build behind any talent and that may be a reason why some really talented djs are not "making it"

I'm glad to see Marco's name being shout as a fair and talented promoter...as far as I can remember, the underground scene has not been as strong as the day's of Lola, Priviledge and The Phat Music Session parties, we had class "A" talent on decks week-in and week-out...of course, there are great promoters out there now, but the ignorance of club-goers foces them to bring crap...so yeah, we're caught on a vicious circle here...we let people talk shit about our scene while we sit and watch it crumble...I take back some of the things I said about the original poster and give hime credit for exposing the lack of cohesive opinion that exists today on our scene...a "no-scene" kinda scene.

ps. Boombox is heaven. :party:

This post is so dead-on, it's not even funny. :bowdown: And yet it's sad that we wait around for an outsider, one from London nonetheless (with clubs like Fabric, what do they know about EDM, right? :rolleyes: ) to tell us how lame we are and then we're too stubborn and close-minded to appreciate his/her criticism.

You're right. Miami rocks. We're the best. We shouldn't change anything. We are all perfect: one big happy nightlife family. :D

simply because the scene does not reflect the desires of the minority, does not mean it is lame. in the grand scheme of things, the majority rules like it or not. it seems to me it’s the minority that does the most whining, and chastising… in the end it really doesn’t matter, because people will do what they want in spite of the criticism... :)

simply because the scene does not reflect the desires of the minority, does not mean it is lame. in the grand scheme of things, the majority rules like it or not. it seems to me it’s the minority that does the most whining, and chastising… in the end it really doesn’t matter, because people will do what they want in spite of the criticism... :)

I wasn't really focusing on one subgenre of EDM, Tony. Suppose you were to take a cross section of the local population that goes out (to actually enjoy the music in addition to the ambiance). That sample population would very likely be comprised of people who would want to hear trance, progressive house, tech house, tribal, downtempo, electro, trip hop, drum n' bass, techno, minimal, etc.). How many of those people do you think would tell you that they are not satisfied with the variety and quality of venues and nightlife in Miami? I'm not saying that each one of the aforementioned genres/subgenres need to be represented at a major venue every night of the week. But haven't you considered that what big clubs are offering (dj and music wise) just isn't cutting it anymore (not even for this "majority" that you speak of)?

Just a thought. :D

I wasn't really focusing on one subgenre of EDM, Tony. Suppose you were to take a cross section of the local population that goes out (to actually enjoy the music in addition to the ambiance). That sample population would very likely be comprised of people who would want to hear trance, progressive house, tech house, tribal, downtempo, electro, trip hop, drum n' bass, techno, minimal, etc.). How many of those people do you think would tell you that they are not satisfied with the variety and quality of venues and nightlife in Miami? I'm not saying that each one of the aforementioned genres/subgenres need to be represented at a major venue every night of the week. But haven't you considered that what big clubs are offering (dj and music wise) just isn't cutting it anymore (not even for this "majority" that you speak of)?

Just a thought. :D

the cross section of people who consistently go out, are happy with what they are hearing. if they where not they would not be there, thus the clubs would be empty.

it's doesn’t matter if the music is cutting edge in Miami. the music is background, to everything else.

...it's doesn’t matter if the music is cutting edge in Miami. the music is background, to everything else.

But I think that's the basis for szeretlany's complaint. Coming from a city where EDM is certainly on the forefront of everything (and almost a way of life), I find his/her complaints perfectly legitimate. :D

the cross section of people who consistently go out, are happy with what they are hearing. if they where not they would not be there, thus the clubs would be empty.

it's doesn’t matter if the music is cutting edge in Miami. the music is background, to everything else.

i agree.. with you on this .. so sad :(

So let me get this straight: Miami has a nightlife scene but music is background? :confused:

What the fuck kind of scene is that? :D

szeretlany's expectations are unknown to me; as they are not clear in his post. EDM is not a way of life for me; it is simply another form of entertainment for me. I find szeretlany's complaints somewhat skewed, and to be quite frank rather rude. simply because you come from the UK, does not make you an authority on EDM...

the music has always been the background for the miami scene. the scene involves more then just the music. do you think people jet around from every part of the globe to miami, because it’s on the cutting edge of dance music? Pleaseeeee... miami’s biggest commodities are Sun, Fun, and Flesh.

-DJ #1953. Carry on!

amen to that.

i agree with you 100%.

szeretlany's expectations are unknown to me; as they are not clear in his post. EDM is not a way of life for me; it is simply another form of entertainment for me. I find szeretlany's complaints somewhat skewed, and to be quite frank rather rude. simply because you come from the UK, does not make you an authority on EDM...

the music has always been the background for the miami scene. the scene involves more then just the music. do you think people jet around from every part of the globe to miami, because it’s on the cutting edge of dance music? Pleaseeeee... miami’s biggest commodities are Sun, Fun, and Flesh.

thank you, I caught the viciousness of this guy's post from the begining...I guess I see what others don't, he went on a rant to call this city a circus...forget the music...he did not mention a possitive thing about anything, but was safe to call Miami "A wonderful city"

blah, blah, blah...all it got was everyone to doubt themselves and to feel insecure, how sad.

i'm not a local, but I think it's too bad the original poster didn't go to SHINE ... it seems like they're really bringing in some great talent (to cater to the heads and music purists) to create an awesome party (to cater to Miami! :getdown::beer: ).

personally, i'm really looking forward to hitting up Shine during WMC.

Alex

at least WMC is coming up

IMO we should have to depend on WMC to hear the sounds we crave. Those sounds should be year with the limited talent we have here but unfortunately that is not the case here in our beautiful city. I myself still have hope though. Till then, THANK GOD I HAVE MY VINYL'S - UNDERGROUND IS WHERE IT'S AT

i'm not a local, but I think it's too bad the original poster didn't go to SHINE ... it seems like they're really bringing in some great talent (to cater to the heads and music purists) to create an awesome party (to cater to Miami! :getdown::beer: ).

personally, i'm really looking forward to hitting up Shine during WMC.

Alex

Very true! Jon knows what's up!!!!!!!