Clubplanet Nightlife Community

sanchez progreessive tribal and soulful house at crobar

roger was just awesome last night at crobar. he's impressed many times before at centrofly cielo and crobar but when he plays as great as he did last night it just increases my respect and amazement at his dj skills & art.

while s man has played nasty progressive before to great reslt, last night he was mainly playing in the 2006 modern progressive tribal mode, closest in sound to my ears to what tenaglia played at soem of his best nyc sets in 2005 [march crobar birthday, december spirit xmas]. its a clattering stacked tribal that is so propulsive & unstoppable and works just great with the progressive soinic elements. but s mam's masterstroke last njight was using the nasty tribal beats along with a cappellas of familiar soul r&b dance & disco hits, such as kings of tomorrow finally, that 'alright' subliminal song,a nd the 'youre not just another lover' song.

sometimes on ktu these pop dance hits are a little qweak, but s man put teh a cappellas over stomping progg tribal; beats 7 bottoms, totally transforming thes etracks with just a tsunami of sound & force.

also that housey one 'i think im falling in love'

got there at 4 and it was crowded, lots of energy. by 5 and six afew poepl left nut teh danceability & crowd thrust was still there, even at 7 and 8 am the floor was fairly full.

loved the progg tribal soul from 4-7, then s man whipped out the house classics for the final hour +, and they sounded so good!!

work it to the bone, love + happiness, french kiss + some more beats, you amke my world go round...all great mixes of these classics.

and s man showed the relationship between his fierce 2006 songs top these 80s/90s ouse classics the tribal & house beat was uniform among all the tunes.

its nice to hear s man in cielo playing warm house but his big room sound is a monster, and imo i actually l;ike teh way he usse teh sapce & the booming records in a room like crobar.

if anyone can spot tracks he played lioke 1 to 4 im curious, he was hitting with every tune from 4-8+ and that crowd was revved & appreciative.

****1/4+ of 5 poss stars.

well said i believe this one was s good start for him for this year. he can def bring his a game when he plays crobar. i lovedddddd the way he started off with deep house sounded soo good. i creamed my pants haha i was the dood dancing in a corner facing the front bar to the right. had on a black hat and a grey A/X shirt . the crowd was a lil soundfactoriishhh but they were pretty cool. HOT WOMEN everywhere. great seeing everyone that showed up. igive it 9 out 0f 10!

The beginning was best! Deep house and deep tribal! Can't beat that. But he lost me in some weird electro ladened tracks as well as the trancey sounding house tunes. Roger still my fave but I think he was too boombastic this time. I think one thing with his tracks is I am normally acquainted with lots of them but since he hasn't been in ny spinnin for a long time I was new to many of them. So it was like a shock effect hearing the more abstract sounding house tracks. He was getting back into the house that I enjoy hearing more towards the end of me leaving around 5 or so. I had fun simply cause of the people I hang with more so than roger this time.

The beginning was best! Deep house and deep tribal! Can't beat that. But he lost me in some weird electro ladened tracks as well as the trancey sounding house tunes.

I felt the same way...on Halloween the same thing happened and then he came back around 6 or so. I was so psyched when he dropped "It's Time for the Revolution" and then went right into "Let's Get Happy." I left around 5 but I would have loved to stay b/c usually he plays really amazing stuff at the very end. I thought the crowd was pretty SF-ish too, but the S-man definitely draws the best looking crowd to Crobar from what I've seen lately.

There's many dj's that simply mix the classics up with the modern stuff. Anyway Roger S is my favorite and I always go to listen to him or as much as I can but I just felt that the line of house that I'm used to listening to from him was not all kept. The bassline or structure he tries to preserve from becoming just regular commercial sounding was not bent though. I guess maybe the place being packed lent to it also. Hardly any room to dance cause the place was too mobbed. Anyway till next time.

p.s. clinton I always read your posts. They are very informative.

I felt the same way...on Halloween the same thing happened and then he came back around 6 or so. I was so psyched when he dropped "It's Time for the Revolution" and then went right into "Let's Get Happy." I left around 5 but I would have loved to stay b/c usually he plays really amazing stuff at the very end. I thought the crowd was pretty SF-ish too, but the S-man definitely draws the best looking crowd to Crobar from what I've seen lately.

Yea on Halloween Roger Killed it from 2 - 6, his sick sick vocals that not many other DJ's have. Then he got real real trancy till like 8, I hated it, never heard Roger like that before. Then he got back to the normal S-Man sound I love. I think hes found somthing new he likes, with these trancy/progressive tracks. Im not feelin them at all.