Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Mark Farina @ SHINE: Saturday, Feb. 18th

justinjohnson

I thought this night was going to get a full review, I guess and I hope everyone that went it's still out there, playing and enjoying this amazing sunny and breezy classic south beach weekend, most probably the best weather we are going to see here all year round...I'm off to the beach as soon as I'm done writing this.

Since I suck at reviewing track-lists and spotting hot tracks and all that shit, I'll stick to my side of the universe, the funk. Got there at around 10, place was empty but ready to go...whoever was opening, did an amazing job...is that Chris Tarantella??? Well, if that's the guy...great job. Perfect build-up, very reserved at the begining of the night, serving almost as background to the arriving guests in a very loungy way, but always on the housy side of life.

As I expected it to be, the night was a flash-back to the Phat Music Sessions, being that it was Marco and Carla's night, I figured all the Lola oldschoolers would be at hand and at the hand they were...it was awesome to see lots of friendly familiar faces I hadn't seen in at least a couple of years...greeting and conversation became dancing and jumping once Mark Farina hit the decks...now this is one guy that knows how to use the transition to make his presence felt...literally, I was talking to someone and we both stopped talking to turn around and check if Farina was responsible for what we were hearing and there he was...I was like yeayyy!!!

I walked around the club plenty of times and everyone was having a great time, Shine's layout is perfect for this type of event...semi-circle-shaped wooden dance-floors, bars on all four corners (or it 3?) anyways, never a waiting line for drinks, friendly energetic staff, pleanty of ittle hang-outs, sitting space (if that's yo thang) I mean, with a fairl full house, you still had space to live and breath...something I appreciate a lot, I need my space, you know?

What a night...music was top-notch! Mark Farina delivered an intense set very much on the happy side of house, very up-lifting, stay away from moody darker tracks, again...some freak will come up with a track list later, I bet...I just know, the dancefloor was filled with a very special energy, we were all celebrating the union of two very special friends, there was just a happy mood in the air...definitively a night that I will remember for years to come.

cheers

Funk!~ :beer:

...I was like yeayyy!!!

:lol3:

Unfortunately, at the last minute something came up which was completely out of my control so I had to miss it. :(

My heartfelt apologies first of all to Carla and Marco. :cry:

I'm glad things went so well. I was kind of pissed cause I love those "reunion" type affairs. :D