Clubplanet Nightlife Community

project runway

weyes

it seems the project runway thread was one of those that was accidentally (o.w.) deleted entirely, so i'm starting a new one for the few of us who watch the show.

last night was, once again, ridiculous. i actually liked kara's dress:

pic_eps_rate_kara_ep11.jpg

whereas i thought that santino's looked like something a mermaid would make her bridemaids wear at her wedding if she were secretly angry at them:

pic_eps_rate_santino_ep11.jpg

they came down on kara's for the hem not being finished, but what about santino's sleeve last week? and his dress last night was all kinds of crooked, anyway. but once again, i'll just say i think they kept him for the frikkin' drama. o, and what was with everyone coming down on chloe? i don't know where that came from, and it was wack. weird things are going on...

...will i have to know about this show if i visit you in LA?...if yes, please provide more info on the show...channel, time, premise, etc...
:laugh: you can mostly catch up with the designs and ideas on bravotv.com , but it's down to the last three now. you might want to wait till next year. i never thought i'd get into a show like this - i would NOT watch america's next top model if you paid me - but a friend of mine got me started, and, as an avid reader of w, this kind of thing really is up my alley. it's been frustrating, though, that this one particular asshole has lasted this long, thereby bumping out people who are much better, in my opinion.

• 3 weeks later...

this is the project runway thread i found, even though i thought there was a more recent one; maybe that was the one that was deleted during the mass delete.

anyway, wednesday's the last episode. i had said months ago that i thought daniel v. would be the winner, and other cpers said they thought it would be chloe, because the winner "had to be a woman this year."

i'm not so sure anymore.

and i have this horrible sinking feeling that they're gonna give it to santino.

..i saw a weird thing after the show the other night ...i never noticed before ....and not like it's news to anyone people are kept around for ratings....but it actually flashed something saying how producers opinions are taken into consideration when judging .........i wish i read it better!!!..

I freakin' love this show. Probably have seen each episode of season one twice, and season two has really grown on me.

I was at first pegging Daniel V. for the winner as well, but what up with Tim Gunn acting like he doesn't like his collection?

Santino could get it, for his outlandish quirkiness, but they sorta went that route with Jay last season...although Jay's work was much better quality.

Thoughts?

I freakin' love this show. Probably have seen each episode of season one twice, and season two has really grown on me.

I was at first pegging Daniel V. for the winner as well, but what up with Tim Gunn acting like he doesn't like his collection?

Santino could get it, for his outlandish quirkiness, but they sorta went that route with Jay last season...although Jay's work was much better quality.

Thoughts?

Daniel V is my favorite! Hope he wins, Santino is annoying and he should be kicked to the curb for that reason...

Daniel V is my favorite! Hope he wins, Santino is annoying and he should be kicked to the curb for that reason...
i've been saying all of that all season, too, though, and at the end of every episode, when satino's one of two people and i say, "santino's gonna be out!" he always lasted. it drove me nuts. the reason why i think santino has a really great chance is 'cause luck has brought him this far and now project runway peeps are taking him seriously :no: .

i still think he's a joke.

I liked the sneak peek @ chloe's collection last week! SOOOO excited for Wednesday (i'm queer...i know!).

Also, anybody watch Project Jay last week or the week before? Heidi asked him to make her Emmy's dress (and it was 5 days after she gave birth, so he had a lot of alterations to do for her)...then re-negged last minute! ugh...so horrible. i woulda cried too!

I liked the sneak peek @ chloe's collection last week! SOOOO excited for Wednesday (i'm queer...i know!).

Also, anybody watch Project Jay last week or the week before? Heidi asked him to make her Emmy's dress (and it was 5 days after she gave birth, so he had a lot of alterations to do for her)...then re-negged last minute! ugh...so horrible. i woulda cried too!

^^ I called that shit! Chloe won! :clap2:

boo :no: !!!!!!! chloe's shit looked like 80's prom dresses and so many of her dresses had to be taped to her models. and seriously, who uses lame (i don't know how to put accent marks over "e"s; just know that i'm talking about the fabric that's pronounced "lam-AY") anymore? that should've died somewhere in vegas.

santino actually did end up making some wearable dresses, which i found surprising.

• 6 months later...