Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Serious Thread: What are 3 things YOU'D change about club scene in NYC?

montbh

Already mentionned:

- More weekly/bi-weekly residencies with big Dj's (where's DT?)

- Cheaper entry (how much will DT's birthday be for example? I'd like those $60 become $35)

- Stricter door policy

- Bottles of water going back to 5$ or have a water fountain available (think Twilo)

How come clubs who didn't cater to that 'bottle crowd' --like Twilo, Shelter, Vynil, Arc-- are the one at the top of the quality clubs list of everyone? This is NYC not Vegas. Plus in real nyc clubs people don't sit and get drunk all night (they dance and get high ;)). I don't buy this.

I think you're referring to a particular crowd maybe. I agree with you to a certain extend, which leads me to the one thing I'd change in NYC club life:

More cool crowd mixing!

Muscle boys with Cool Straights with House Heads with Drag Queens with Club Kids with Lost Tourists with East Village boys with Fashionistas with .... That for me is the key to a great party (plus the music of course!)

That's also why afterhours were so much fun, less places are open so you end up with an interesting mix of people. I have visions of Body&Soul with so many flavors of NYC nightlife together under one roof ...

Seems like the old school mentality has it down to perfection. Maybe one day things can go back to it. BODY N SOUL perfect party.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SPAce Miami should by CLUB Exit and turned it into Space NY LIke Crobar MIami built crobar NY, and Pacha ibizia spain bought Sf. Spirit nightclub is coming back on friday finally house music friday night at spririt. I dont know why they play hip hop ther on sat main floor. That space in spirirt and avalon was made for house music not hip hop.The club should be 21 and over friday and sat and dress code in effect. Ivan bellin wants residency in NYC. Space MIami should by club like exit or built a new club and put Ivan bellin residency in NY. Only Space miami can take on crobar ny Period.

Already mentionned:

- More weekly/bi-weekly residencies with big Dj's (where's DT?)

- Cheaper entry (how much will DT's birthday be for example? I'd like those $60 become $35)

- Stricter door policy

- Bottles of water going back to 5$ or have a water fountain available (think Twilo)

How come clubs who didn't cater to that 'bottle crowd' --like Twilo, Shelter, Vynil, Arc-- are the one at the top of the quality clubs list of everyone? This is NYC not Vegas. Plus in real nyc clubs people don't sit and get drunk all night (they dance and get high ;)). I don't buy this.

I think you're referring to a particular crowd maybe. I agree with you to a certain extend, which leads me to the one thing I'd change in NYC club life:

More cool crowd mixing!

Muscle boys with Cool Straights with House Heads with Drag Queens with Club Kids with Lost Tourists with East Village boys with Fashionistas with .... That for me is the key to a great party (plus the music of course!)

That's also why afterhours were so much fun, less places are open so you end up with an interesting mix of people. I have visions of Body&Soul with so many flavors of NYC nightlife together under one roof ...

VOMIT