Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Freestyle house fans!?!?!?!?

Let me correct myself. Its not technically a genre of "house", but basically developed concurently with the original "house"music that came out of Chicago and the UK. Essentially its refered to as "freestyle" now, but it has also been called "Latin hip hop" and "latin freestyle". In other words in the song "diamon girl" hits you then you know!:)

Let me correct myself. Its not technically a genre of "house", but basically developed concurently with the original "house"music that came out of Chicago and the UK. Essentially its refered to as "freestyle" now, but it has also been called "Latin hip hop" and "latin freestyle". In other words in the song "diamon girl" hits you then you know!:)

absolutely my brotha!!! Im 27 and i must say i love that freestyle shit more then any other music. It touches me in a way i cant explain, makes me so fuckin happy and energized. Its like being on drugs without actually being on them. You'll like the style of music i spin then because i have alot of 80's/freestyle cuts with a nice house beat behind it

absolutely my brotha!!! Im 27 and i must say i love that freestyle shit more then any other music. It touches me in a way i cant explain, makes me so fuckin happy and energized. Its like being on drugs without actually being on them. You'll like the style of music i spin then because i have alot of 80's/freestyle cuts with a nice house beat behind it

Where do you spin at? Maybe I'll check it out.

Freestyle was the shit, came on around 85 blew up from 86 to 89 (my high school guido years) Use to be the only shit in clubs (well teen nights here in NNJ) Did anyone go to the freestyle nite they had at Emerald City in the early 90's? Had like 15 groups performing. Or when they had the Miv Mac concert on the beach in seaside. HI Johnny O and Cynthia singin "Dreamboy Dreamgirl". Around 89 thru 1992-3 hip hop house came out, Twin Hype Two without Hats, Fast Eddie and so on. Around the same time house started to become more popular. With "this is Acid, french Kiss" shit like that. They use to play in freestly and house on Hot 97 before it switched over to hip hop in 1992.

I still listen to freestyle once in a while, like someone else said to reminese. Did u ever notice it was always a guy cryin over a girl?

Yea and if there are any nights where somone is spinning freestyle and house let me know I have a few people who would definly come out. Then we can have a big sing along

...lmao...we used to hit up emerald city...i didnt get to the mic mac party BUT did attend a hot 97 party at studio 54 before they closed...something like 12 acts in one night...India was one of the best vocalists i've seen to date....good times...lol...

• 3 months later...