Clubplanet Nightlife Community

questio about party promoters

Does anybody know how profitable is to be a party promoter and how does it work ?? I never done it, but the owners of this small place in the meatpacking district is talking me into promoting a party on Tuesdays. I chose the music, the bartenders, etc..Need to bring the people, place is pretty small..only about 100 people max.

Any ideas on how can I negotiate with the owner will be very helpfull

Thanks

Does anybody know how profitable is to be a party promoter and how does it work ?? I never done it, but the owners of this small place in the meatpacking district is talking me into promoting a party on Tuesdays. I chose the music, the bartenders, etc..Need to bring the people, place is pretty small..only about 100 people max.

Any ideas on how can I negotiate with the owner will be very helpfull

Thanks

usually you would work out a deal with taking a cut at the door. ex. if its $5 to get in you ask to get 3$ per head. You get 100 people there u made yourself $300 for the night. The bar keeps the other 2$ per herd plus what they make off alcohol. Thats atleast 1 way you can work it

now if theres is no cover then i dont know lol. Im sure someone else around here could help u out

usually you would work out a deal with taking a cut at the door. ex. if its $5 to get in you ask to get 3$ per head. You get 100 people there u made yourself $300 for the night. The bar keeps the other 2$ per herd plus what they make off alcohol. Thats atleast 1 way you can work it

now if theres is no cover then i dont know lol. Im sure someone else around here could help u out

Yup.. its all different. Because you're new they'll probably give you a shit deal in all honesty. Take it from someone who just stopped promoting-- I did mainly everything through ticket sales but it took me time where I was able to make a good profit and be respected.. in this little.. "business" its really about how you market yourself and who you know.. actually, its more like who knows you. Good luck though, and yeah as the first poster said, if you feel that you're getting screwed over, just walk away.

in some cases, you put money down and then take money made from the door... also, tuesday parties are really hard to market, so if its a new place and is desperate, dont be afraid to offer your services on wednesdays or thursdays (even if they would pay u less, it would still be easier to get people out on those nights, thus u'd be getting more people and indirectly making more money)... like silverbull said, it sounds like you want to run a guestlist, if youre talking about commission? thats a whole other thing... if you have more details, i can give u some more ideas

Guest silverball

lets see i work 2 jobs have a g/f and do go to a lot of parties and do alot of other things not related to parties. If i post about a party sometimes it doesnt mean im goin there i just wanna let people know wus goin on. As for the same clubs each time well as long as theirs a dj i like it dont matter cause the beats will be lovely.

in some cases, you put money down and then take money made from the door... also, tuesday parties are really hard to market, so if its a new place and is desperate, dont be afraid to offer your services on wednesdays or thursdays (even if they would pay u less, it would still be easier to get people out on those nights, thus u'd be getting more people and indirectly making more money)... like silverbull said, it sounds like you want to run a guestlist, if youre talking about commission? thats a whole other thing... if you have more details, i can give u some more ideas

Basically, The owner is giving us either Tuesday or Wednesday night to bring people in. We can charge cover..I like the idea of keeping some of the cover charge.. but how the Guest List works ?? The owners usually pay you for each person on your guest list or what they actually buy ??

network network network network network network network network network network network network network network network network

network network network network network network network network network network network network network network network network

yo fake screen name, what is really your purpose. And you must really have no life to copy and save some of ym posts and post them later under this fake name.

you look like a homo, if that's you in your avatar. Unrelated to the topic, but it's been bothering me for a while