Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The best house dancers... Filming $$$

WELL MOST OF YOU SHOULD KNOW BY NOW ABOUT A BOOK THAT i AM CURRENTLY WRITING ABOUT THE REAL NYC HOUSE SCENE. DJ'S ARE A KEY PART/ PROMOTERS/ FANS ALL THAT GOOD STUFF MAKE UP A SICK CLUB LIFE. NOW........IT'S BEEN YEARS IN THE WAITING BUT WHO GOT THE BEST MOVES????? JERSEY HATES ON US, WE HATE ON JERSEY, CONN COMES OUT OF NOWHERE. THEN BAM/ MILTON COMES FROM BOSTON. SO WHAT TO DO ABOUT IT???????

WHAT I AM DOING FOR MY BOOK IS FILMING THE BEST DANCERS AND BASICALLY HOLDING A BATTLE SEE WHO COME OUT ON TOP. HOW IT WORKS IS EVERY WEEK MY TEAM AND I ( NOT KIDS) WILL BE POSTING WHERE WE'LL BE IF YOU WANNA BE IN ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS DROP $10. THEN THE WINNER ( AND YOU KNOW A LOT OF PEOPLE THINK THEY ARE THE BEST SO THE CASH IS GOOD) WILL GET THE $$$$. AFTER ALL SAID AND DONE THE TOP DANCERS WILL BREAK IT DOWN AT AN UNDISCLOSED VENUE, COMPLETELY FILMED AND WHEN THE BOOK COMES OUT, THE DVD WILL BE IN THERE WITH IT SO YOU CAN BRAG OR WHAT EVER/. BUT LET'S SEE IF THE JERSEY BOYS CAN REALLY HOLD THERE OWN., MY BET IS ON THE NYC BOYS AND GIRLS.. GET AT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS..

TONY

tonystepz@johnnystylez.com

its a good idea, minus the everyone-dropping-10$ thing.... ur casting so wouldnt you have to supply the money to get people to wanna come? just my thoughts; i think you might get a bunch of posers that wanna be on a DVD rather than true circle killers who do it cos they enjoy it... just dont think ne1 would pay to go out of their way for something that comes natural on any given weekend... good luck though, ill pick up the book :-)

sounds like a great idea but i would love to know what styles in specific you guys are looking for because we all have diffrent styles.. such as the more popular Sound factory SHuffle and what not so it would help to know if you guys are looking or targeting a specific group of "dancers" i for one can do most styles from hip hop to house and also thE oLD school SF shuffle. let me know.

Arg~

...it's shit like this that actually perpetuates the stereotyping between cities...who the fuck cares where you're from?...it's about the dancing and the music...period...oh and please make sure the section on promoters is made out of toilet paper so people can wipe their ass with it when theyre done...

HEy again, well it's all diff. types, i dropped the 10 dollar thing you're right, and you're also right about the promoters. Granted 98% are full of shit, but they still are a big part of it. Plus I am interviewing someone that all of you know that will make you shit yourselves, not a DJ... For those who support the book thanks. I recently caught shit about it saying "it will turn everything main stream, and the clubs are gonna close down because of it. Well if all the clubs in NYC close down because of a book, then the police FBI, CIA , whoever has too much fukking time on there hands. First things first about the main stream thing, when you have a JP classic night and there is a 17 year old girl from deer park asking my friend if the SF on his hat stands for SAn FRAN, That was not becasue of my book, or if you Just leardned the lyrics to ALL this time, that also was not becasue of my book. I'm just trying to tell the truth in a positive way and how people love this shit and how not everyone is or was a crackhead. MAny DJ's I spoke too are down and If people dont like it, i'm sorry. I respect all of you who go out and are huge in the NIghtlife scene and Watching it change from year to year and the popularity of all the DJ's grow and fall is amazing, it's not just about JP, Morillo/JV/ Calderone/ etc... it's everyone, and you guys. so if you hate it... you'll prob be the first one to buy it, and if use the pages to clean your ass.... that's you. I hope you all enjoy it, and the $ thing is out, you're right. in fact a big promoter told me to do that. that was a stupid idea and i apologize.

if a Circle isnt competiton, i dunno what is

Thankfullly not all the parties in nyc that have a circle area bout competition. But alot of big rooms and for certain djs some of the crowd gets into a competition mood during circles. And also if you were to learn more about the history of a circle in house music you would see that it wasnt originally meant to be a competition thing.

Thankfullly not all the parties in nyc that have a circle area bout competition. But alot of big rooms and for certain djs some of the crowd gets into a competition mood during circles. And also if you were to learn more about the history of a circle in house music you would see that it wasnt originally meant to be a competition thing.

Agree!! Dont get the competition aspect sometimes.... cause its about self expression and the love for dancing.... but i have only seen this a couple of times thankfully....

oh and bull im still lookin forward to meeting u.... just been REAL busy with work and stuff.... have only been to one party since the new year!!

I also Agree!, When dancing in a "HOUSE CIRCLE" it's showing diffrent styles of moves, just to have fun, but then there are cocky assholes that jump in and wanna battle. Personaly I love the circles, it gives me a chance to meet new people to chill with and have fun overall..

G.

I agree, competition is a bad word to use, a gathering is more like it, The different styles, the fun, that's what it is all about. If you guys have any idea of what venues would be a good place to hold this please let me know. so far i have about 6 places, but I value all of your opinions. Thanks a lot

Agree!! Dont get the competition aspect sometimes.... cause its about self expression and the love for dancing.... but i have only seen this a couple of times thankfully....

oh and bull im still lookin forward to meeting u.... just been REAL busy with work and stuff.... have only been to one party since the new year!!

Only ONCE,?????????? your slacking off hehe. Well if your free on thurs im having my party at SOL. And there should be some amazing dancers there as well. And for real the whole BATTILING attitude is so annoying me. Like i hate when someone comes up to me and is like yo you dance good wanna battle im like no, i dont dance against you, but i will dance with you.

Guest onisakura
Only ONCE,?????????? your slacking off hehe. Well if your free on thurs im having my party at SOL. And there should be some amazing dancers there as well. And for real the whole BATTILING attitude is so annoying me. Like i hate when someone comes up to me and is like yo you dance good wanna battle im like no, i dont dance against you, but i will dance with you.

Agreed. Its not a contest to best someone....

My fav way to dance is in sync with the person im dancing with. Matching styles and anticipating their moves to coordinate with mine. My best and fav experience was in FL at DJ Icey and Baby Anne (yes im a breaks head). I was with a couple non-dancing friends when this low key looking guy caught my eye. My friend was watching this flashy guy that had the whole "battle mode" going on that totally turned me off. I pointed out the other guy and said, watch him, he'll surprise you.... And he definitely did. I could tell he was good just by the way he marked the beat. There happened to be a guy there that i had danced with before that kept egging me on to dance so i finally jumped in. I was lucky enough to get to dance with the guy i was watching, and even mimicked his friends styles. The guy in battle mode kept jumping in being a prick almost ruining my night and getting the other guys thrown out. Needless to say i had a few words with the boucers for being dickheads. Things would have been way more peacefull if there was no competition involved.