Clubplanet Nightlife Community

For all my WALL STREET brothers and sisters.....

tenupa

Now that we have a president, what the FUCK do you think is putting pressure on this market? Earnings warnings? Economy's hard landing? I just can't stand the bloodletting anymore and I'm curious to hear your guys' opinions....

------------------

You'll always miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

0083.gif

Originally posted by tenupa:

Now that we have a president, what the FUCK do you think is putting pressure on this market? Earnings warnings? Economy's hard landing? I just can't stand the bloodletting anymore and I'm curious to hear your guys' opinions....

The fact that a complete moron is going to be President for the next 4 years!!!!!!!

Heelllloooo recession...

If a complete moron is president what does that make us since the electoral college voted for him?????

cwm13.gifcwm24.gif

------------------

Hugh

a.k.a. ibhugh, Bryan Adams

email: ibhugh@yahoo.com

aolim: hugesk8r

And yet the slipping markets started before we even had an election, when 56% of Americans said it would be Gore...and the sitting President is still Clinton. Does that mean they are morons for the economy being a touch soft?

"It's the economy, stupid!" - Bill Clinton, 1992 (he could as easily be saying it now!)

Let's agree to disagree on this one.

Originally posted by quanto_magnus:

The fact that a complete moron is going to be President for the next 4 years!!!!!!!

Heelllloooo recession...

If a complete moron is president what does that make us since the electoral college voted for him?????

cwm13.gifcwm24.gif

------------------

LEARN THE RULES SO YOU KNOW HOW TO BREAK THEM PROPERLY.

Maybe we're gonna retest the lows set on 11/30...

Just hope we don't go lower than that.

------------------

There's so many ways to do it, there's so many ways to see.

But the only way to do it, is to do it properly.

~Robert Clivilles & David Cole

We got the bounce from the news we got a President on Monday(when the Supreme Court took its time announcing, and anyone with some common sense would figure ther wasn't time enough for Gore to challenge it)...people took their profits then, letting things ride on bad earnings news to find the bottom, and waiting for the Fed announcement on Tuesday. Techs are in the shitter, utilities are struggling due to high fuel prices, yada yada. Pharms and Oil should weather the storm decently. Welcome back to the world of value investing. Buyer's market, everybody in! Probably not going to be much movement until 2001, though.

------------------

LEARN THE RULES SO YOU KNOW HOW TO BREAK THEM PROPERLY.

[This message has been edited by ichi_gami (edited 12-14-2000).]

I agree, the market rallied on the supreme court ruling, or anticipation of... Now we're back to the fourth quarter worries. However; the fed meets on monday and we'll probably get a neutral bias which will rally us up, then in januarys' meeting a rate cut, may see the same conditions as last jan - mar., but again, in agreement, only the value stocks! Good luck!!!!!!!

oil should fair decently? are you kidding me? oil stocks are going to go through the roof. bush is going to start drilling in alaska now and practically every oil company is down big for the year. i really think people are over reacting about the whole recession thing. i mean they decided against lowering interest rates today but alan will probably lower them on jan. 30....their next meeting. i mean are economy is still growing, its just not growing at the rate it was earlier in the year. we need two successive negative quarters for a recession to kick in and i dont see that happening.