Clubplanet Nightlife Community

PVD Last night

I have to agree pvd was off that night, I honestly thought jerry's set was better (never thought i would ever say that lol). It did get pretty slammin around 5 or so but overall he was no where near the top of his game and ive seen paul everywhere from vandit to twilo. As for all the fucked up asians, I can understand takin some x and enjoying a show but they get carried away.(i only drink as i am getin to old(30) to be popin pills) There eyes are pinned back in there head and they look like a bunch of pissed off zombies from dawn of the dead. This is the shit that ruins the scene as do the candy ass raver punks with glow sticks and pacifiers, come on grow up look at yourselves in the mirror. Do you like what you see? All in all the sound was good, the venue was great and the music was ok. Nice job Made, see you all under the brooklyn bridge.

Peace

RIP Twilo the greatest club ever

iono man i was once the biggest PVD fan...but i skipped this one and may skip summerstage for the first time in THREE years...hes gotten way too repetitive in his shows and is too tech-trancey for my taste. I miss the melodic

what i wouldnt do to hear a night of Classics from him...*sigh*

iono man i was once the biggest PVD fan...but i skipped this one and may skip summerstage for the first time in THREE years...hes gotten way too repetitive in his shows and is too tech-trancey for my taste. I miss the melodic

what i wouldnt do to hear a night of Classics from him...*sigh*

I am with you.

It's so sad.

I would too do anything for a classic PVD night.

PVD was my favorite DJ for years and years. The last two times I saw him, I really hated it. I think he lost his touch.

I know there will be some people here that will say I don’t know what I am talking about, and that PVD was amazing last night. But to my opinion, he really sucked. He hardly spins any Trance anymore. It’s just hard house, and sounds terrible. I know he is probably trying to evolve, but in this case, he is evolving the wrong way.

In the middle of the set, the music got shut down because of some technical difficulty and he just stood there helpless. I think that his music was so bad, that the decks decided to shut down on him. He didn’t get the message, and got back on after about 5 minutes, and continued with his repetitive boring beats.

I will not even begin to describe the crowd that showed up to this party. It’s really sad. There was a group of Asians next to me. One of them was passing out, and instead of taking him outside, his friends were all hugging him and forcing him to stand up. You could see he was not in good shape, and I really felt bad for him. What’s up with these drug infested people?

On another note, the venue was done very well, and the sound system rocked. The place is really organized. Coat check was great. Thmbs up to Made Event on this production.

PVD was always a must see for me till like a year ago inwhere I have seen him just do horrible down here in Miami.I dont know what it is yet but I hear his sets that he plays in europe and nothing to what he spins here in the states.He will be here this coming wmc in Miami but i'll pass.

PVD was always a must see for me till like a year ago inwhere I have seen him just do horrible down here in Miami.I dont know what it is yet but I hear his sets that he plays in europe and nothing to what he spins here in the states.He will be here this coming wmc in Miami but i'll pass.

That's what pissing me off. I know he spins different music in Europe. I've seen him there once, and downloaded some European sets on line. I don't understand why he comes to NY, and changes his style.

I agree. His euorpean sets are def different and better I think. Trance Energy 2003, Sensation was f'in sick sets. I think he came on strong and then in middle got weak and then finished strong. I feel he tried to keep his set hard and dark thinking thats what NY wanted. His biggest hits are melodic and have emotional feeel to em. Overall I enjoyed how he kept it fresh and original. He can never evolve to the NY crowd if he doesn't try new things and see the reactions he gets. Looking foward for Aug 18 Central Park. Sound and lighting was f'in great. On the asian note, some things will never change. FYI - I don't know if its tru, but I heard that when he plays in europe he has to play certain amount of popular/hit songs. Let me know if you know this is tru.