Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Lax

JuddyBuddy

wound up there saturday night on a whim. i had heard it was a cool spot, but wow that place blows. there's nothing to the setup at all - it's a bar with a college-type DJ that plays all kinds of music for 20-30 seconds each. it's like one of those 4AM greatest hits infomercials, except they're not really hits from any particular genre. as soon as you're like "hey, i like this song", it's on to the next one, and something totally out of left field.

and somehow there was a huge line outside for this place?

in at 10:30, home by 11:30. 'nuff said.

they have different promoters there every nite so take that under consideration. Wed nite is their biggest nite promoted by Brent Bolthouse and DJ AM spinning. i heard BPM magazine is co-promoting fridays so i've been wanting to check it out but haven't bothered.

they have different promoters there every nite so take that under consideration. Wed nite is their biggest nite promoted by Brent Bolthouse and DJ AM spinning. i heard BPM magazine is co-promoting fridays so i've been wanting to check it out but haven't bothered.

That is incorrect.

wed night is not their biggest night.

AM spins all diff nights.

i guess i meant that is the night they are known for due to the heavy celeb presence, not necessarily the nite they put the most people throw the door.

So I'm confused...does anyone think this club is cool? Just on Wednesdays or no..? What nights does DJ AM spin..?

The club is wonderful. Go go go. (Im not gonna say how great it is cuz Im sure I'll get a dozen hating posts about how someone's else's club is better than LAX). DJ Am spins there non regularly with Vice. Vice has a residency on Sundays @ Body English (vegas) and AM at Pure Vegas (I think Fridays) plus the both tour nationally so hence they play there diff nights on a non regular basis as of now.

which night are you receommending? as long as it's not saturday night, i'll def take your word for it.

if you are down for great music, first before anything else, go when Vice + AM both on the decks together. Together they are incredible (they been doing this together far before lax). So just watch then there are both booked .. generally for one-opp (special nights). They really rock together.

You gotta remember the placement of the dj booth in this venue is virtually at eye level, left over from the Las Palmas days, where people like on Monday Night Social would flock to Palmas to see incredible djs right almost at eye level next to the dancefloor. You would feel one w/ the dj .... until the occassional Hermosa Beach girl that recognizes you on the dancefloor takes it to another level :devil::D.

wound up there saturday night on a whim. i had heard it was a cool spot, but wow that place blows. there's nothing to the setup at all - it's a bar with a college-type DJ that plays all kinds of music for 20-30 seconds each. it's like one of those 4AM greatest hits infomercials, except they're not really hits from any particular genre. as soon as you're like "hey, i like this song", it's on to the next one, and something totally out of left field.

and somehow there was a huge line outside for this place?

in at 10:30, home by 11:30. 'nuff said.

'

thats how he should dj but the song he plays next should make sense.... i see what ur saying .....he prob. goes from britney.... to 50 cent........ YOU CANT DO THAT.... even people who dont understand dj-in can tell thats not right!........

i think the 30 sec... thing is cool....... but if u didnt feel it then he played the wrong songs after one another..

i just saw Mix Master Mike last nite he did that..(its more a of concert, i know but still)....it was crazy........ also Mick Boogie and dj swamp torrrr it up!