Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Do any you think the market will crash anytime soon.

Think about it, some people are deep in margin, selling off to cover their debt. Share prices are dropping everywhere, and the people with the balls are buying them up.

So folks are taking a tax loss, either to carry over or to offset earlier gains. Once the calendar turns, there isn't the same pressure to sell. If you're long in something that dropped like a rock, you are set to hold it until everyone else finds a satisfactory break point and you either profit or minimize your losses. When the <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/newyearseve/">new year </a> comes, people get a little less jittery, and the market will level off at worst, rally if things go right.

------------------

LEARN THE RULES SO YOU KNOW HOW TO BREAK THEM PROPERLY.

Why does the market have to crash? Why not just a continuation of what we've had all year ... consistent disappointments in earnings and stock prices? Economics rule #1 ... busts always follow booms.

And to The Regulator ... sorry for the divergence from club news, but even you've got to admit that talking ONLY about clubs in NY is boring, for cryin' out loud. A club is merely a space to party, nothing more. How much "news" do we need? We ALL know where to go, and we usually all end up there. If we can use the board for the occasional interesting digression, it might make these dreary winter days a bit more palatable .. at least until the next roll.

But I do object to using to board to plan our social lives ... that's what e-mails and phones are for, people.

market's not going to crash, i don't think, but it's going to seperate out the testicularly challenged.

and regulator - good point (on just about every thread), but if we ain't got the money to drop on clubbing, won't be any clubs around.

------------------

LEARN THE RULES SO YOU KNOW HOW TO BREAK THEM PROPERLY.

is it GOING to crash? Take a look at the Nasdaq on September 1 and then take a look at it today. 1800 points in 3 months is horrible. And with the market being as oversold as it is, it will bottom out somewhere around here. We will still sell off (at least through post-holiday season when Amazon comes out and says that holiday sales fell well below expectations), but I think we have seen the worst of it for now. I think 2001 ioing to be a good year overall for the market.

------------------

"There was a time before we were born when the soul of each one of us decreed that we be brought into life. We have all made a place for ourselves on this earth, each life precious, each path different. But we all share the same goal of inner peace and it is there within us all to be discovered, and it can only be discovered through love."

I HOPE NOT, BUT I HAVE THE SAME FEELING.

------------------

TWILO'S WACK !!!! Sorry guys it is

"TO EACH HIS OWN" not sure by who but i like it

"dont be affraid to walk out on anything in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat coming from around the corner" Robert Deniro

AIM:msoprano13

Email:msoprano13@yahoo.com

chick.gif