Clubplanet Nightlife Community

weyes' wisdom of the day - 3/21/06

weyes

i agree w/ sanci, being in love does add a spark to your life and nothing wrong with taking a chance on love. plus, i don't love easily -- other than family, there have probably been only 5-6 people whom I have loved.
love is extremely important; don't get me wrong! but i'm not talking about the real thing.

take this example: a 20-year-old girl with whom i work claims she is "in love" with a guy she had been dating for about a week (it's been a few weeks now both from when she said that and from when all the behavior below began).

even though she is going to school full-time, has two jobs, and is trying to find a new place to live, she spends just about all of her time with this guy -- including almost all of the time she should be working one of her jobs, because the guy works next door. she won't get fired, though, because it's a school job and you have to do something pretty bad to get fired. when she is at her school job, she sleeps on the table. she's dropping her responsibilities - including her schoolwork - to spend every waking moment with this guy. she's started overeating like crazy and has gained weight. she has no energy. but because he rescued her from the wake of a bad boyfriend, she is "in love" and he's a wonderful guy and "different" and blahblahblah.

o, and she's a huge drama queen and that guy - with no redeeming qualities of which i know - is lucky if he gets anyone :shaky: .

what i mean to say is that it's not genuine. falling "in love" too fast is usually not love, and that is the case here. her work, home, and school lives are all suffering because she wants, more than anything else, an emotional rescue. and when someone wants something like that, "feelings" can be fabricated.

This girl is sooo "Flavor of Love" Just like when the girl N.Y. knew after a few days that she was in love with Flavor Flav. Some people just want attention and drama. They are not stable enough to deal with real life. :)

she's sitting right here, talking about what their children's names'll be :rolleyes: .
:laugh2: k, i'm with you on this one. kinda similar to when you have a friend who dates someone for about 6 months (or less) and bam, they're pregnant. leaves me totally bewildered, like how the eff did that happen? one year later, after breaking up, they're asking the very same thing. :rolleyes: