Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Skiiers!!! Help w/ Hunter Mtn please...

crossy

Has anyone drove from the city? How long did it take to get there? Map quest said 2.5 hrs, but Hunters website said just over 2. Is this about right? Also, what's the best way to go? I-87? What's the best way to get to 87 from the city?

Thanks

Hey, I'm not postitive that I'm def. going tommorow yet, but if we do, we've got room for one more person, maybe two, so if you wanna go, let me know.

------------------

BACSig2.gif

it shouldnt take you much more than two hours from the city. I-87 is the best way to go and from the city, i believe the Tappanzee bridge is the best way to it. or you could run 684, up to 84 west and pick it up a little further up the road.

if you choose the tappanzee route, which is probably the most direct, 87 basically starts there.

enjoy

------------------

we must cultivate our gardens...

depends on how fast you drive. i usually get there in a little less than 2 1/2 hours. but be careful-- the cops are fuckin terrible along the 87 up there. the only ticket i ever received in my 5 years of driving was on the 87, on the way to hunter.

now, to get to hunter-- i am from queens, so i usually hop on the throgs neck/whitestone bridge, and then head straight onto the bruckner-- which i believe leads to the 87. i drive so much i don't really pay attention to what the signs say, i just GO! wink.gif

so sorry if i am completely off.

have fun, i really like it at hunter-- check out ski wyndham too if you get a chance, it's a bit more family, but nice.

but by far--- stratton/bromley is the tightest!!

------------------

*kitty19*

*turn it around baby*

kitty_cat.gif

no problem, i only wish i had the time to join your ass on the mountain.

i too was going to mention, if Hunter seems mobbed, Wyndham is a viable otion, will def be a little more relaxed, and similiarly challening although not as big.

note: im not scared of the regulator.

------------------

we must cultivate our gardens...

Originally posted by ichi_gami:

hunter has always seemed a little overrated and overcrowded, windham (www.skiwindham.com) is smaller and more family, but not quite as crowded. Either place, you can have a decent time - Where in the city are you leaving from? East side, I87 is definitely the most direct route unless you want to head out one of the tunnels and pick up either the GSP or 287 out in Jersey. Or I95 to the Palisades and grab the Thruway up in Nyack.

I'm headin' out from the upper east side so I'll take 87 then. Is Windham closer or about the same? How's it compare to Camelback or Mt Elk?

ski windman is great I used to have a house at the bottom of the slopes back in the day with my family. I was a ski instructor there, not as crowded as Hunter but to get some good runs in ski windman is good, because of the family atmosphere its not that packed in the morning...I LOVE IT THERE!!

windham is exit 21 (Leeds)

hunter is 20

Both are better than Camelback, and both take about the same time, since Hunter is on the back side of the same mountains as Windham. (more off-highway drive.)

------------------

What appears to be a sloppy or meaningless use of words may well be a completely correct use of words to express sloppy or meaningless ideas.

hunter has always seemed a little overrated and overcrowded, windham (www.skiwindham.com) is smaller and more family, but not quite as crowded. Either place, you can have a decent time - Where in the city are you leaving from? East side, I87 is definitely the most direct route unless you want to head out one of the tunnels and pick up either the GSP or 287 out in Jersey. Or I95 to the Palisades and grab the Thruway up in Nyack.

------------------

What appears to be a sloppy or meaningless use of words may well be a

completely correct use of words to express sloppy or meaningless ideas