Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DJs...Recommendations?

Hey,

I have a question for the DJs on the board...what needles/cartidriges would you recommend? Its time for me to get new ones, Im intrested in seeing which ones you guys use. Price is also a factor, I dont want to spend like 160 beans hehehe...any input is greatly appreciated, thanx smile.gif

- Ali

------------------

This weeks gigs:

Thursday - My Room

Friday - My Basement

PM for Guestlist

I love ortofons, either the dj pro's or the nightclubs, great low end range. Most people in the club would never notice the difference. A lot of my friends that dj love the stanton, ortofon design. I don't know much about them. Unfortunately $90-$150. Well worth it!

Dude...fuck records....Use CD's and ONLY CD's...I hear Denon and Pioneer both had an excellent tech consultant that the used to help design the braking systems.

- Pete

cool.gif

------------------

------------------------

flash.gif

Upcoming Shows: Breffini Bar Sat Night...oops it got cancelled

My new web site...Version 1.02

http://www.naked-edge.com/schwinge.html

DJSchwinge@naked-edge.com

Guest crystalmethodny

Stanton Trackmaster II RS

wink.gif

DJ Drizz with the info for the DJ PP

------------------

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."

"I think of you, how I used to do on Sunday Afternoons."

www.extremegroove.com

I agree with Spheric by using ortofons, but do yourself a favor get the ones that mount to a head shell. The left channel on arm mounts cut on and off. As far as stantons if your going to use them stick with the 680 series and stay away from the tracmasters(they sound good, but they are very hard to get the weight correct) so they skip alot and are hard to cue.

i use the ortofons pro dj's. i think these needles are fuckin awesome. i have had absolutly no problems with these at all and they come with spare stylus. i payed 120 each for these and i think they are well worth it. good luck shopping.

peace out,

gianni

------------------

AIM: GGFELLA4

EMAIL: iannuzzi4@yahoo.com

0200.gif

HOMER DANCING TO JOINTS!!!

Those ortophones & trackmasters

are a waste of money just stick the good old Stanton 680 hp or the d6500's ...

------------------

"Without sounding pretentious i don't view what i do as djin'....i look at it as makin' soundscapes with the music and the energy .....the clubs, and the people in the clubs (myself included) are the canvas.....let's paint!"

Been using ortofon nightclubs for 6 years, had stantons at one this one place i had a residency for a year...every week, take em off, ick.... Pick up an ortofon then pick up a stanton and you can just feel the difference in the quality... just my opinion... Ortofon's dont like to be taken off and on constantly though... But I love the way they sound... the yellow tip ones.. the blue ones are a bit harsh sounding...

-Adam

------------------

House This! :) www.djadamf.com djadamf@aol.com

Originally posted by schwingep:

Dude...fuck records....Use CD's and ONLY CD's...I hear Denon and Pioneer both had an excellent tech consultant that the used to help design the braking systems.

- Pete

cool.gif

lol Pete...abs perhaps?? cwm27.gif

------------------

Upcoming Gigs...

Thurs Dec 21st - One51, mainfloor all night (use YIP's list for $10 admission, open wine bar till 11:30 :) )

Fri Dec 22nd - China Club 2am - close

Sat Dec 23rd - China Club 2am - close

(I should just live in the damn place....)

Email-DJSuhel@aol.com

AIM - DJSuhel

Originally posted by housemusic4evr:

Been using ortofon nightclubs for 6 years, had stantons at one this one place i had a residency for a year...every week, take em off, ick.... Pick up an ortofon then pick up a stanton and you can just feel the difference in the quality... just my opinion... Ortofon's dont like to be taken off and on constantly though... But I love the way they sound... the yellow tip ones.. the blue ones are a bit harsh sounding...

-Adam

I couldn't have said it better / summed it up / agree with you more Adam. The yellow tip ones are good (Nightclub Series), but the silver or black ones (Pros) are just as good and a little cheaper. Trackmasters have given me personally nothing but problems. The sound great when you first get them, but for one thing they wear down very fast, chew up your records, and sound like shit after 3 months. And they are so clumsy IMO....

------------------

Upcoming Gigs...

Thurs Dec 21st - One51, mainfloor all night (use YIP's list for $10 admission, open wine bar till 11:30 :) )

Fri Dec 22nd - China Club 2am - close

Sat Dec 23rd - China Club 2am - close

(I should just live in the damn place....)

Email-DJSuhel@aol.com

AIM - DJSuhel

Thanx for the suggestions guys...I think Im gonna go with the Ortofons.

As for you Doug, I will beat you senseless! LOL you fiz...I still never got that back! Are u coming to Factory Saturday?

- Ali

------------------

This weeks gigs:

Thursday - My Room

Friday - My Basement

PM for Guestlist

Originally posted by Abstrakt:

Thanx for the suggestions guys...I think Im gonna go with the Ortofons.

As for you Doug, I will beat you senseless! LOL you fiz...I still never got that back! Are u coming to Factory Saturday?

- Ali

If your going, I'm going..

I'm gonna do Gatecrasher first and then hit SF around 4:30..

"TAKE THIS LIFE" I Love It!

Go to John's store and get your record before I play frisbee on Yonkers ave..

Originally posted by tranza:

If your going, I'm going..

I'm gonna do Gatecrasher first and then hit SF around 4:30..

"TAKE THIS LIFE" I Love It!

Go to John's store and get your record before I play frisbee on Yonkers ave..

LOL you biatch...yeah looks like Im going but I want to leave around 5ish so let me know...we gotta hit up John's store one day, lets set it up.

Peace...

------------------

This weeks gigs:

Thursday - My Room

Friday - My Basement

PM for Guestlist