Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Carlos Beltran

you think keeping him in the 3 hole is a good idea?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. you think keeping him in the 3 hole is a good idea?

• sure why not...he will be fine, it's still early
    • move him to the 2 spot where he will be more comfortable with less pressure
    • push him down to 6th the way he's been producing
    • who the fuck makes polls in the sports forum...kill yourself

regardless of how many hits he had beltran is among the tops in the team rbis and has been on base alot throughout the beginning of the season. he scored the winning run on sunday too. on top of that he has played a great center field.

its kinda sad he is playing well and hears boos. its probably only a handfull of mets fans that ruin it for all of us. i dont see the point in booing him after 5 games. especially when the mets are winning.

its probably only a handfull of mets fans that ruin it for all of us. i dont see the point in booing him after 5 games. .

I doubt it was just a "handful" of Mets fans considering the boos were very loud and distinct. It takes several thousand to accomplish that.

I also don't see the point in acknowledging that he's one of the team leaders in RBI's after only 5 games.

I mean, isn't Chris fucking Shelton the league leader in HRs? Do you think that he'll end the season as the league leader?

I doubt it was just a "handful" of Mets fans considering the boos were very loud and distinct. It takes several thousand to accomplish that.

I also don't see the point in acknowledging that he's one of the team leaders in RBI's after only 5 games.

I mean, isn't Chris fucking Shelton the league leader in HRs? Do you think that he'll end the season as the league leader?

if u think that fans at shea stadium count as more than a hand ful u are crazy even if every fan at shea was booing, it would be a handful. there are millions of mets fans.

isnt it also silly booing someone after the 3rd game because he doesnt have a hit?? i dont see the point in that either.

• 3 months later...

one of the main reasons i feel like yankee fans should give ARod a break...just goes to show guys go through slumps all the time but just like the mets needed beltran to come around same goes for the yankees. ARod is too good of a player not to break out

adding a guy like delgado to the mix sure didn't hurt Beltran. that and the fact he seems to be healthy. hope he keeps it up. would love to see him and Wright battle it out for NL MVP

one of the main reasons i feel like yankee fans should give ARod a break...just goes to show guys go through slumps all the time but just like the mets needed beltran to come around same goes for the yankees. ARod is too good of a player not to break out

This was always my position on A-Rod:

He is 31 years old. If he hasn't been "clutch" by now, he'll never be. The big thing is that because of the team he's on, and the players he's surrounded by, he really doesn't have to be. Yes it sucks that a player making that kind of money and having that kind of talent is not producing when it counts but what can you do at this point? I think Jeter is a clutch player. The same can be said of Giambi, Matsui, Sheffield, (even if he won't be around much longer)

and Damon. So in that regard, I think we're fine in that department. So let him hit his grand slams when we're up 10-0. Let him hit his solo shot when were down 9-0 in the 9th. The fans should ease up as well... Accept him for what he is. It would probably even help out his defense a bit too...