Clubplanet Nightlife Community

HOUSE DANCING and GUIDO DANCING, there is a difference

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gabe why don't you ease up on the term "guido" and don't try to make it like guidos can be black, asian, spanish...we all know exactly who you are talking about...you're spanish aren't you? would you be ok if i kept calling the way you dance that "spic dance"?

Stop trying to make something bigger than it is, I DO MEAN ALL GUIDOS, black,white,latin,asian,thats all. And i dont get offended by words at all.

Gabe why don't you ease up on the term "guido" and don't try to make it like guidos can be black, asian, spanish...we all know exactly who you are talking about...you're spanish aren't you? would you be ok if i kept calling the way you dance that "spic dance"?

yea not to be obnoxious, but its like getting a little old. "the guidos" are apart of the scene like it or not and you should love and appreicate them because they add to the love and diversity that the love of dancing and house music bring together. both people are dancing to house derived beats arent they?

so how about a post that brings people together and says wow look at these good dancers.. because they are. .. and they arent flopping around obnoxiouslyy smacking you or just standing there being a dud. im just saying, its better to be positive.

There is a difference and i think these videos show them.

HOUSE DANCING:

GUIDO DANCING:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7l6sLQjVNRQ

And this guy is somewhere in between

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8t9eKnoHfxU

I know some house dancers dont know what the guido shuffle is and i know some guidos dont know anything else other than thier dance. So thought i would share these videos for people on here who also dont know the difference.

Funny! Those guidos are a joke. Although the music on the first clip put me to sleep, those peeps can dance there asses off.

Are you really offended? Get a life. I am Italian and those f'in Guido's are a joke!!!!!!!!!

The trueth is the SF shuffle is house dance. It uses jack and shufles, even if it is simple and very repetative. The use of the fundamental of house dance the"Jack" qualifies it as house dance. For those of you that do not know what "jack" is the bouncing movement of house dance.

wahts up with all the hating..they all dance to house music jsut in differnt ways. like some folks said u cant do nuthin bout it.. its whether u liek it or not. Some liek it mellow some like it hard who the fk r u to judge. Anyway it better to enjoy the music anyway possiible rather then warmin up the wall *unless ur handicapped or smtn

Wow, something worthwhile coming out of nomembername's mouth. I have to agree, silverbull is trying to instigate. He puts up a video of some great house dancers but then for the "guido side" puts up some LMAO assclowns.

What's the big deal anyway. These guys love EDM as much as we do and they dance as a form of celebration. I respect silverbull's passion for house music... but his disdain for those who aren't like him is pretty evident in his posts. Dancing is self expression. Just let it be.

That girl in the 2nd video made lol though. :)

I have to agree, silverbull is trying to instigate. He puts up a video of some great house dancers but then for the "guido side" puts up some LMAO assclowns.

I respect silverbull's passion for house music... but his disdain for those who aren't like him is pretty evident in his posts. Dancing is self expression. Just let it be.

That girl in the 2nd video made lol though. :)

Im really trying not to INSTIGATE anything at all really. What this thread was about when i made it a while back was for people who are new to this culture/scene, and for people who are thinkin about getting into it and for those who have been ONLY to parties where everyone is a"gudio" type. Im not saying theres something wrong.

But what im noticing alot is people who are 18-20 yrs old basically NEW to the parties go to the first party that lets them in and sees all these guys n gals dancing the same, and so he/she figures thats how everyone dances and this is how everyone dresses and acts at parties ALL OVER THE CITY. So the cycle continues over and over and people never see things on the other side.

Now find a "GUIDO SHUFFLE" video that you think is great and put it up on this thread and that goes for anyone,im not stopping anyone from putting up their stuff. And on youtube those were all the videos could find on "guido shuffle". So sorry rhythmofvision if ive upset ya somehow with my video posting, BUT it wasnt to offend it was to SHOW the difference between dancing styles and cultures which some people dont even know exist.

Again i will use a HIP HOP example imagine what people in their 30s and even some younger are thinkin about the music that is being made over the past 10 yrs or so. And what they feel the rappers themselves and the audience is like compared to when they were growing up.

Then think about hip hops golden age 1975-1995, and it is totally different music,attitude and culture. So every new fan or generation that gets into that music wont know anything other than this bullshit hip hop music that is out now.