Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Morillo yesterday morning

danswat79

Fuckin Amazing!!!! Heard just about every single good tune from WMC and then some. Only disapointment was he only played for 4+ hours - but they were possibly the best I have ever heard out here. I'm done until Memorial Day b/c nothing can touch what that man played last night - anything else would be a huge disapointment.

Big thanks to EMPIRE and whoever else is involved in their bookings - what a treat to have him again - by far the BEST house music DJ around. Didn't even mind paying on wanttickets for presales for the party even though we could have gotten comped. Hopefully the club made some $$ and will get him back soon

Any idea how much $$ he got for that event?

Fuckin Amazing!!!! Heard just about every single good tune from WMC and then some. Only disapointment was he only played for 4+ hours - but they were possibly the best I have ever heard out here. I'm done until Memorial Day b/c nothing can touch what that man played last night - anything else would be a huge disapointment.

Big thanks to EMPIRE and whoever else is involved in their bookings - what a treat to have him again - by far the BEST house music DJ around. Didn't even mind paying on wanttickets for presales for the party even though we could have gotten comped. Hopefully the club made some $$ and will get him back soon

Any idea how much $$ he got for that event?

Sweet...Can't go wrong with Morillo. :rock:

Hey man...how was the S Man at WMC? I didn't see any reviews of his party that Tuesday at Space.

Morillo is like pizza: even when he's bad, he's still pretty good. He was bad for stretches yesterday, especially the first hour when he was awful. I'm still trying to figure out how people can say he was amazing. I found his set to be simply decent, and far below the best I have heard from him. That said, the party was a blast; Late Night Empire is unquestionably the #1 party in town for house music right now. I too was disappointed that Erick only played for 4 1/2 hours, but after playing for 14 hours on Friday night/Saturday morning at Pacha NYC for his birthday party, I wasn't surprised that he cut it short yesterday.

I too would like to say thank you to whoever is handling the bookings for Late Night Empire. Erick will be in LA on Friday, June 2nd for a gig at Avalon. See what you can do about snagging him for that Saturday night/Sunday morning. Also, see what you can do about booking some DJs that Ice won't book, like Sander Kleinenberg, Lee Burridge and James Zabiela.

I would also like to say that it was nice to see the place still have a great crowd around at 9:30am when Erick decided to call it a night, or morning rather.

Morillo is like pizza: even when he's bad, he's still pretty good. He was bad for stretches yesterday, especially the first hour when he was awful. I'm still trying to figure out how people can say he was amazing. I found his set to be simply decent, and far below the best I have heard from him. That said, the party was a blast; Late Night Empire is unquestionably the #1 party in town for house music right now. I too was disappointed that Erick only played for 4 1/2 hours, but after playing for 14 hours on Friday night/Saturday morning at Pacha NYC for his birthday party, I wasn't surprised that he cut it short yesterday.

I too would like to say thank you to whoever is handling the bookings for Late Night Empire. Erick will be in LA on Friday, June 2nd for a gig at Avalon. See what you can do about snagging him for that Saturday night/Sunday morning. Also, see what you can do about booking some DJs that Ice won't book, like Sander Kleinenberg, Lee Burridge and James Zabiela.

I would also like to say that it was nice to see the place still have a great crowd around at 9:30am when Erick decided to call it a night, or morning rather.

Vegasguy - did you make it to Miami this year? I guess the reason why I found it amazing is that he played just about every big song from Space - shit I didn't think I would hear live for quite some time which brought some up some memories of rocking out on the terrace that Monday morning

Outwork - Electro

Ame - Rej

who's who - Sexy Fuck

Evermore - Its too late

Rokysopp

Whatever the female vocal that says "Come on - Sombody - I need - I want it- just give it to me baby - this one night love afair - I need it - I need - I need it" - Track is absolutely insane

Red Carpet - Alright (not new but he really knows how to play this one)

Dropped some nice accapellas too as he was bringing in other tracks

Quite a few other too which I don't have ID's on yet

Could he have been better? Probably - but after a long night before in NY I still think he did a hell of a job. Love his energy in the booth and the vibe he brings. So much better than the last time he was here music and crowd wise.

Also, see what you can do about booking some DJs that Ice won't book, like Sander Kleinenberg, Lee Burridge and James Zabiela.

Sander and Zabs have been in Denver twice within the past 6-8 months and Burridge is here at least twice (possibly three times) in the next 6 weeks... which I only bring up because I too would really love to see any of these guys Vegas... my local joints are OK but you're only going to so much out of a top DJ when you tell him he's got to stop by 2AM.

Vegasguy - did you make it to Miami this year? I guess the reason why I found it amazing is that he played just about every big song from Space - shit I didn't think I would hear live for quite some time which brought some up some memories of rocking out on the terrace that Monday morning

Nope, no Miami for me this year. I went last year though, and did hit the Subliminal party. I wasn't impressed with even one track Erick played Sunday morning. I am not saying he was bad, but I didn't think he was great either.

Thats cool - you probably wouldn't have liked the music in Miami so much this year. Definitly a different sound than in years past - quite a bit of electro. Alot of the stuff he played @ Empire was what was heard from every big DJ down there - Sander, Deep Dish, Fancuilli, @ Nikki Beach on Monday, Fuck Me I'm Famous Party, Roger's Set (kind of disapointing to see him go in that direction - still a great party), even Calderone and Tenaglia pool party had a bunch of those tracks. If you get a chance, check out the Space set from 3-26-06 floating around and you will see what I mean.

I am in severe depression right now after hearing those tracks again and looking at my pix from WMC

What was really disappointing was when Erick played that track "work this pussy" for like the 87th time. I mean come on. Erick Morillo is one of the innovators in the world of electronic music. Once everyone else starts playing a track, it's time to move onto some new ones IMO. Of course, I never thought that track was good; maybe everyone else still loves hearing it. I wonder if he still plays that track in NYC. I am thinking he doesn't, but maybe he does.

Work This Pussy

What you got - what you do

Alright is getting a little old too - but still is a great song

There is quite a few others he still keeps in his rotation that are too old to be playing, yet too new and not quality enough to be considered classics