Clubplanet Nightlife Community

if you are born in america... you are an

crowina

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...in my experience, it is people wanting to establish their identity...sometimes it is good because it is the opposite - a way to connect...but what i find on the east coast, it is a way to differentiate themselves from others...like "i'm from NORTHERN Italy, NOT Sicilian"...gimme a break...i'm half greek and half cypriot...but if you tell that to a greek he/she says tell everyone youre greek...if you tell that to a cypriot they say tell everyone youre a cypriot...sorry but too many people need to get over themselves...

<---not having a bad day at all

AND ANOTHER THING....

don't tell the people in a bakery how great of a baker you are and how you always make such "great goodies" for the holidays. no you don't cause your fat ass and your families fat ass is in this bakery every week buying food like its your last meal... if you baked anything maybe you'd loose a few pounds.

and what's the deal with cancer??

when you're in america, you're puertorican, you're cuban, you're french, you're japanese, you're indian, you're african, you're irish... etc.

when you travel abroad you are an American to everyone else.

That's the one thing people forget.

...i'm first generation...i say i'm an american and then proceed to discuss where my parents are from, bla bla bla...people in middle america usu dont discuss heritage, it's mostly easterners - striving to be unique and different...goes to my whole living in a bubble theory...

i didnt believe this til i met this kid from Ohio who works w me now. he finds it so weird when me n my co workers go "oh he's persian..oh hes jewish..oh he's brazilian"...he claims that in Ohio..they duno about those differences..that its all just people...

AMERICAN! I am so tired of people saying that they are this or that... people give up everything to be in this country... yes in my opinion we have many flaws with our system, but show a little pride for once and stop bragging your heritage as though being an american is nothing.

< had a bad day at work.

i'm totally with you on this one. i've always had a problem with black people calling themselves "african-americans." first of all, because their african ancestors were hundreds of years ago, and second of all, they're not discriminated against because of their heritage, it's purely based on the color of their skin. even though my ancestors came over here after their's did, i don't call myself a "european-american." what people would really want to know if they were to meet us on the street for the first time (say on a blind date or something like that) is if we were black or white.*

*note: this is related to crowina's topic but not EXACTLY the same; it involves discrimination. perhaps this should be in another thread.

Guest onisakura
i didnt believe this til i met this kid from Ohio who works w me now. he finds it so weird when me n my co workers go "oh he's persian..oh hes jewish..oh he's brazilian"...he claims that in Ohio..they duno about those differences..that its all just people...

Thats cause in Ohio there really isn't that much if a distinction. Most of them are mutts way back into their lineage.

Oh yeah and Cintron is totally right.

....the thing is most people's looks and or fam values etc come from where the fam tree originates...i think that's why people tend to ask..."what nationality are u "...pretty early on in meeting someone they may want to have a relationship with ........i for one don't get offended when someone says they are whatever they are.....its pretty obvious u live in america and everyone knows we are all 'americans'.......it's just conversation ......now if some asswipe is all anti this country and im not american ill tell him to hop on his inner tube and get the fuck out .....other than that...carry on.