Clubplanet Nightlife Community

[Observations] Pacha Saturday VIP: $220 a person. Plus tip.

So the three of us got to Pacha around midnight. The crowd outside seemed interesting and unusual for Pacha. I didn't even see off-the-boat Asians, there were guidos, but not more than on a typical Saturday @ Crobar. There were many hot-like-hell club chicks in their mid 20s through early 40-s. I thought those must've been the same girls from the old SF, they just grew up.

The line wasn't long but it was kinda cold, so we decided to ask for a table. In front of us a guy in a company of 3 classic club chicks was arguing with the doorman: apparently they had a reservation, but Pacha people couldn't find it on the list. So the door guy wanted them 4 to buy 3 bottles in order to get in.

Not impressed with club chicks' fake boobs and annoyed at their attitude, the door guy decided to deal with us. So the deal was: for each person we pay $40 cover and spend $150 on alcohol, which did not include the mandatory 20% gratuity. So that meant $220 a person. Plus tip - expected. Gratuity included - tip not included.

I thought that was too much. In Crobar they ask for $125 a person + 20% gratuity and no cover. In Cielo they ask for 1 bottle for 4 people. So isn't $220 a person too much? Regardless of how you feel about JP?

its a dance club, why would someone want a table?

One reason is if you plan to stay for a while and to drink a significant amount. Two people can easily finish up a bottle of Champaigne just through dinner, not to mention a night of dancing. Or, if you are accompanied by three Russians, a 1L bottle of vodka is a joke :)

Second reason is if you're going to a club where there's no place to sit down, Crobar being a prime example. I can realistically stay on my feet for 3 hours if the music is really good; for most girls it's a stretch.

One reason is if you plan to stay for a while and to drink a significant amount. Two people can easily finish up a bottle of Champaigne just through dinner, not to mention a night of dancing. Or, if you are accompanied by three Russians, a 1L bottle of vodka is a joke :)

Second reason is if you're going to a club where there's no place to sit down, Crobar being a prime example. I can realistically stay on my feet for 3 hours if the music is really good; for most girls it's a stretch.

true, true. And i guess its easier to break out some lines of coke on a table.

hahahaha jkin dude, hahaha

:laugh: That's right

Moreover, when you order vodka, you usually get unlimited mixers. That way if you're doing eX, you just keep drinking orange and cranberry - not only do you not become dehydrated, but you also boost up your immune system with all that Vitamin C. I mean who knows what kind of germs you catch in those overcrowded clubs :)

Guest onisakura
just to compare, crobar in miami was charging 250/person + tip for 2 bottles and admission for 4 to see carl cox on sat during wmc

i think you are right by saying that 220 is a bit much to pay to get into pacha

Thats for conference, regular rules never apply. Honestly, at $250 at person its not too bad considering just admission is $50 if you get there early enough.

Guest onisakura
But what can you possibly drink for $250? An extra expensive bottle of Champaigne - not worth it. And if vodka costs $300 a bottle $250 worth of it would be too much for one night anyway.

The point is that tables are at a premium during conference. The more demand there is, the more they ask. Its unfair but hey, thats how they weed out the riffraff from the serious clubbers, or so they think. Bottom line is, there will always be someone willing to pay it.

The more demand there is, the more they ask. Its unfair but hey, thats how they weed out the riffraff from the serious clubbers... Bottom line is, there will always be someone willing to pay it.

Hmm... interesting choice of words :) Very true - someone is always willing to pay for it :) They should put that on the table service menu :)

just to compare, crobar in miami was charging 250/person + tip for 2 bottles and admission for 4 to see carl cox on sat during wmc

i think you are right by saying that 220 is a bit much to pay to get into pacha

anything during the wmc the prices goes up at least 100% lol

Holy shit! $250 a person? Who was the DJ?

So for 6 people you spent $1500? What did you get? Did you drink it all?

it was ivano bellini & mike whitemore... its a complicated story.. my friends got a table and some how they only made reservations for 8 people and there were 14 of us.. .so they had them set up at the tables overlooking the dancefloor and in order for us to get the table next to them we had to pay for 8 people

lol we still have water bottles full of grey goose & redbulls in the fridge...

lol and no i'm not rich i almost choked when they told us the price

anything during the wmc the prices goes up at least 100% lol

thanks for pointing out the obvious to me, but that was not why i wrote that

i was comparing pacha on a sat night to seeing carl cox during wmc, where all the prices are inflated beyond belief, and the difference is only $30

:zzz: