Clubplanet Nightlife Community

veggie update

weyes

i had a thread up a while ago about how i wanted to eat more veggies but didn't know how to cook 'em. well, asparagus is now officially my new favorite vegetable, and it is the easiest thing to cook!

all i do is put a very small amount (a third of an inch or so) of water in a pot, bring it to a boil (which takes abut a minute), and put the asparagus in it for a couple of minutes; it cooks really fast. then i eat it with a seedy honey mustard. yum :aright: !

the only downsides, though, are that it's expensive ($4.40 or so for a bunch at albertson's @ $3.99/lb.) and isn't around all year long. but i'll enjoy it while i can :) .

excellent choice of veggie. have you tried roasting them yet?
nope... and i still haven't done anything with zucchini yet, and i really want to. i'm just so sure that it's not gonna turn out the way i really want it to :hey: . [unless, of course, i fry the hell out of it.]

try it, roasting really brings out the flavor in most veggies, esp. asparagus. just coat them with a little olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, your fave. type of vinegar, and bake until done. soooo good!

plus, speaking as a former veggie, you def. have to experiment. otherwise it will be pizza and the same veg or salad every day.