Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What's good?

Hello, My Name is Pablo, I'm 18 and from NYC; New to the club scene in the U.S. and I'm hoping you guys can put me on to somethings. I've Only been clubbing twice, they were both during teen night (BORING) and I didn't enjoy my self at all. Last Year I went to South America and that when i really got into clubbing since you can be 18 and be permitted and they don't card once you're inside ... well at least in Paraguay and in Argentina. I was primarily a hip-hop head untill I went to S.A. and there I got into Rock and Techno, I got even more into tecno when a Club in Paraguay(Karacol) Hosted a techno show that feautured DJ Benny Benassi, I enjoyed it but my friends here in NY that are into trance say he's to soft and monotonous(whatever). I'm interested in learning where the hot spots in NYC for 18 year olds are, and hoping to make some freinds while in the process. I enjoy nearly all types of music but what gets me hype is Rap not commercial rap but rap from rappers like : Nas(My name gives that away), Cormega , Mobb Deep(everything Before Murda Muzik), Jadakiss , Canibus etc. Hope to here from you all soon. 1.

Edit: I forgot to tell that I'm really into sports and my favorite is soccer.

Guest onisakura

Keep yourself posted on the NYC board, very often there are 18+ events. Matter of fact, Crobar was 18+ this past friday. Good luck and welcome!

Well, Pablo: if you like trance, then I'll see you in July for Armin van Buuren @ Tobacco Warehouse. That won't be monotonous for sure :)

In the meantime:

1. Make sure you attend a party by Made Events @ Club Spirit. Check out madeevent-dot-com for schedules and tickets. They bring world-famous DJs, and Club Spirit has amazing sound and lighting systems.

2. Crobar is the hottest big club in New York right now, and they have 18+ Fridays. Check crobar-dot-com for schedules and tickets.

3. Club Avalon is 18+ on Saturdays. I am not sure what the music is, but the club itself is legendary, so it's interesting to check it out sometime: avalonnewyorkcity-dot-com.

Thanks for the replies, I have a couple of concerns though, My attire is mostly Hip-hip based and I'm wondering if i will be looked at as wierd for that not that i dress bad; People might get the wrong impression (thug ,"gangster" etc) well basically what I'm asking is if these clubs offer mix crowds , because even when i go clubbing I like to add some hip-hop flavor to my dresscode.

Well, Pablo: if you like trance, then I'll see you in July for Armin van Buuren @ Tobacco Warehouse. That won't be monotonous for sure :)

When is first event coming up? and is it 18+ , also do they card you at the bar at Avalon and Crobar?

Guest gabo
Thanks for the replies, I have a couple of concerns though, My attire is mostly Hip-hip based and I'm wondering if i will be looked at as wierd for that not that i dress bad; People might get the wrong impression (thug ,"gangster" etc) well basically what I'm asking is if these clubs offer mix crowds , because even when i go clubbing I like to add some hip-hop flavor to my dresscode.

When is first event coming up? and is it 18+ , also do they card you at the bar at Avalon and Crobar?

they card but dont look very well.

Guest gabo
And you know this because you go out all the time??
well I have been there and they carded hard that night. esp with the pressure on nyc clubs and the closing of several a few weeks ago they better fucking card!!

Hello, My Name is Pablo, I'm 18 and from NYC; New to the club scene in the U.S. and I'm hoping you guys can put me on to somethings. I've Only been clubbing twice, they were both during teen night (BORING) and I didn't enjoy my self at all. Last Year I went to South America and that when i really got into clubbing since you can be 18 and be permitted and they don't card once you're inside ... well at least in Paraguay and in Argentina. I was primarily a hip-hop head untill I went to S.A. and there I got into Rock and Techno, I got even more into tecno when a Club in Paraguay(Karacol) Hosted a techno show that feautured DJ Benny Benassi, I enjoyed it but my friends here in NY that are into trance say he's to soft and monotonous(whatever). I'm interested in learning where the hot spots in NYC for 18 year olds are, and hoping to make some freinds while in the process. I enjoy nearly all types of music but what gets me hype is Rap not commercial rap but rap from rappers like : Nas(My name gives that away), Cormega , Mobb Deep(everything Before Murda Muzik), Jadakiss , Canibus etc. Hope to here from you all soon. 1.

Edit: I forgot to tell that I'm really into sports and my favorite is soccer.

welcome! what it do? :)
And you know this because you go out all the time??
burnnnn! :laugh:

Guest onisakura
just to clarify, by "hate" you mean in that special "these two women are perfect" kind of way, right? :)

I believe you may be right.

Guest gabo
What should I expect at crobar on may 4th for tiesto's north american tour? what atmosphere? Is there going to be alcohol since it's 18+ night? Will it be a sausage fest?
thats a hell of an introduction.