Clubplanet Nightlife Community

David Morales' Peep Show @ crobar, Sat 5/6

Saturday, May 6, 2006

Main Room: Peep Show with David Morales

Reed Room: “Utopia Parkway” with DJ Johnny Dynell

David MoralesPeep Show: Confessions

David Morales returns to crobar with his monthly theme party and residency, Peep Show. Each first Saturday of every month at crobar, “The King of Naughty” presents a voyeuristic look at life’s little pleasantries. Morales is known all over the world for his unique mixing skills, playing everything from vocal house to dubby funky beats. The night has already become a melting pot of NYC nightlife denizens and a must-attend for true lovers of the New York experience.

Long time friends and Jackie Factory producers Chi Chi Valenti and Johnny Dynell orchestrate a Reed Room Extravaganza with their Utopia Parkway.

$20 Advance / $30 Door

http://www.wantickets.com/Function/event/eventdetail.asp?e_id=17943&ref=cp

Table Reservations: 917.339.1825

530 West 28th Street NY, NY 10001

050606.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

i go for morales often and last night was 1 of his worst sets since labor day spirit 2004.

also the quality of crobars crowds, compared to when they opened about 3 years ago, has been in decline in recent months, qualitatively, altho that is of course a gebneralization. i wld say half of the morales crowd was ok but the other half was pretty gross. also there was a lot less vibe & energy than in recent morales sets. i was at another partty in soho til 3- so i might have missed an hour or so of poss better stuff from morales, but from 330-6 it was generally uninspiring. while morales has hundreds of absolute killer tracks at his fingertips, his programming can be haphazard many times. he was playing at a more or less hard house and pop house & some techier house styles last night, but few tracks created a big buzz. there was a hard techy number maybe 445 or 5 am that was a bomb. and that song 'the world aint right, many people staying out of sight, ill go crazy' song always works for him and even tho it was 1 of the top tracks last night it wasnt as strong as other nights.

love to love you suzanne palmer is played out . by 6 he was playing a little harder & gospel house that new gospel track is pretty good but again didnt create much buzz. by 6 it was pretty empty & usually morales keeps the crowd there til 8 or 830.

disappointing night on many levels. *3/4 of 5 stars

well at least we saw last night the same way!!

some nights morales can be GREAT!!!!!! but last night he had ZERO flow, almost no song worked [ok 2 songs were good] there was zero vibe & energy, and most of the crowd sucked!!!

BUT I will wait 3 or so more months & go back for morales sometimes hes really good!!!

hmmm...let me take a guess. there were all these asians there who had spoiled the night for both of you HUH??? :nopity:I really really commiserate with you guys. i bet you were really scared that an asian might physically harm you? :nopity: after all, having fun should be a one's own responsibility - rather than given to you by others. ;)

hmmm...let me take a guess. there were all these asians there who had spoiled the night for both of you HUH??? :nopity:I really really commiserate with you guys. i bet you were really scared that an asian might physically harm you? :nopity: after all, having fun should be a one's own responsibility - rather than given to you by others. ;)

what does this have to do with saturday night? youre race-baiting, its racist.

no there werent any notable asians there. there wasnt much notable anything there. it was half empty or less and there was no vibe, white black yellow green purple brown whatever colour youre trying to make hay about

Morales is definitely good... hes very underrated... i wasnt there saturday so i cant judge the set... but he is usually good IMO

many nights hes excellent i go every month or 2 for 3 years now. and ive been hearing morales since redd zone in late 80s. last night was his worst nyc set since labor day 2004 spirit

Actually there was this one asian dude who looked like a water bag thought he was tough.. he was an A-hole lol seriously shit pissed me off i was trying to dance a little and i couldnt but whateva he was rocke doutta his mind. looked like the guy from Blood Sport the movie lol