Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Richie Hawtin @ Spirit 6/2

Guest onisakura
nice, thats gonna be 3 times seeing richie that week.

his ny shows are starting to draw strange crowds lately. oh well

I saw him last year with Burridge the weekend of my birthday and i really enjoyed it. I have a few of his sets that i can't really get into but am looking forward to hearing him again. Certain DJs are better appreciated in person.

I saw him last year with Burridge the weekend of my birthday and i really enjoyed it. I have a few of his sets that i can't really get into but am looking forward to hearing him again. Certain DJs are better appreciated in person.

exactly, its not Sunday driving music but when youre there dancing, its a whole other story

Guest onisakura
exactly, its not Sunday driving music but when youre there dancing, its a whole other story

I reserve that special status for Sasha - Involver and Airdrawndagger. :D

(No, im not joking. Fav driving music.)

His music is minimalist house, right?

i believe its minimal techno. I had one of his old cds Decks, efxs, and 909. From what i remember it was definately on the minimal tip. Like somebody said his music isnt sunday driving music. You would probably get so spaced out and end up in a tree somewhere, lol. I defintely think on a loud soundsystem and vibe of the party he will rock the place. Ima try to make it out to this one.

Guest onisakura

Yeah he used to be known for tech but he's much more minimal these days. I liked it immensely because it was fairly melodic. With the minimal stuff, its not so much that it makes you go spacey outside of a club, but more like it doesn't seem to go anywhere or connect unless you are completely surrounded by it on a crisp loud system.

FUck ritchie.. i want Plastik man =] i dont know Hawntin is too dammmm minimal for me i almost fell asleep last time i saw him. i'ma pass on this. let me know if he ever spins as plastik man and i'm there like yo moms swimwear.

His minimal stuff is done under the Plastikman moniker.