Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Morillo was Horrible last night

the reality of friday was that when morillo came on at 430, he immediately noted on the mic that it was pretty dead. he played soem nice hard-ish house bangers til about 6 and from then on people just drifted out & he didnt do anything to make us stay or get energized. i stayed til 10- or later hoping to hear something interesting but he had given up hours before. when i asked the guard at 8 how long hes going he said its done by 10. when morillo was scheduled top play as late as 4 pm!! but he joked by 7 am or so about that- he knew he was going to wrap up by 1030 i guess.

anyway I will chk him out a few appearances from now- this was the worst ive heard him play in nyc & Ive been going to many sets of his incl subliminal at centro every 2 weeks or so.

yes i remeber plastic dreams. no one around me expressed the slightest bit of excitement over it. ok Ill agree its a house classic. the high school drop out crowd didnt know or care less.

Guest onisakura

Spoke to a couple friends that were at the crobar south beach closing party and they said he killed it. Apparently its true that he was saving his energy for miami but thats still a shitty excuse for a crappy set in my opinion. If you need to do that shit, book your nights better. Look what happened with Desyn overextending himself.

"Those" beats are the afterhours shitty beats that sound like "boom boom woowww waaaa boom" Every track sounds the same...and its "ABCD" by "1234" on some CD somewhere that would never get played anywhere except during an afterhours set...they're filler beats. Much like JP uses at times.

"Those" beats are the afterhours shitty beats that sound like "boom boom woowww waaaa boom" Every track sounds the same...and its "ABCD" by "1234" on some CD somewhere that would never get played anywhere except during an afterhours set...they're filler beats. Much like JP uses at times.

I wouldn't describe the set like that at all.... nice guess

I'm talking about the beats he plays anywhere from 3-7am during his sets at Pacha...He'll wake up and throw in a bomb here and there, then you're like "Fuck yeah, he's gunna come back now!" then right back into the loops...it sucks man...

He dropped a bunch of loops then, "Is Killing Me" place went nuts...back into the beats...30-45 minutes later..."Aftermath"...place goes nuts again...back into the beats...

It was like a cocktease.

almost nothing worked on friday. hex was great til 430. morillo came on & sounded sad about the low turnout. by 6-ish he obvs didnt intend to do much.

yes he played plastic dreams & a long LONG work it to the bone at 9 am but there was hardly anyone there & there was zero energy....

anyway hopefully that was the bottom of erick nyc sets & every set nopw will be bigger better bolder... its gotta be

What was the song Morillo played after Superchumbo - Dirty Filthy(Chus n Ceballos) it sounded like a guy saying "Why not" that kept being repeated over...it had a very tribalish sound heavy congos anyone know?

DJ Vibe & Pete The Zonk - Solid Textures

Crobars closing party to me sounded like same stuff I heard in the morning at Space for WMC and for his birthday party. I was in the main room most of the time but did spend some time up stairs so I definitely missed some of his 4 hr set. he dropped plastic dreams, love sensation and all of the usuals. I always have a good time at Morillos parties but the music is usually the same. I expect this seeing him three times in a month. Erick has been spinning nyc a lot more than last year so this is why I think everyone is getting tired of his sets.

I put two videos up on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/user/ericknnj