Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Why do people listen to hiphop?

biggie killed rap..ready to die is legendary..but he set the cycle into motion which led to the untimely death of the rap game.

btw..i happen to believe that "hip hop" is not the music...its the whole movement...rap is the music..and it really is hurting nowadays..

what kills me most is the "underground" rap scene..its tantamount to Emo gayness over in the rock/punk scene. soooo many rappers consider themselves "underground" and "aren't worried about making it big"...when u have to talk about it..and tell people what you are..then in my eyes ur a phony. i long for the days of bootcamp clique and guys like sadat x..brand nubian..grand puba...those were real underground cats...they didnt have to run around telling people they were underground..they just did their shit and people respected it. they had their own sound..you'd hear it and be like that "thats that downlow shit"....

ehhh im gettin carried away...

rap is dead..long live rap

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and in related rap news...

Hot 97's landlord wants to pull the plug on the radio station in the wake of a recent shooting in front of its Manhattan building.

The District Council of Carpenters filed papers Tuesday to have the radio station evicted, six years before its lease expires. They say it's the best way to ensure the safety of the rest of their tenants.

Hot 97’s landlord says it takes issue with what it calls the radio station's “dangerous track record.â€

However, the station says it's being bullied into leaving the building. Hot 97's owner, Emmis Communications, says it has tried to work out a security plan with the landlord and the NYPD, but the landlord refused.

Emmis Communications issued a statement which reads in part: “At least two Emmis employees asked the building's security firm to remove loiterers outside the building more than an hour before the shooting last week. They did nothing. If they had simply called the police at that point, this frightening situation may have been averted."

Last Wednesday night's shooting of a rapper named Gravy outside Hot 97’s studios was the third in the past five years there. A member of rapper 50 Cent's entourage was also shot in the leg following a gunfight last year.