Clubplanet Nightlife Community

did anyone go to Limelight in 90?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Emerald city was fun, place was huge if I recall .

...great space...we stopped going when it became mostly hip hop...in fact, the last night we were there, there were gun shots in the club...lmao...it later became la copa (copa cobana)...i went a couple of times with some friends and had a fucking blast...i'm pretty sure that space got knocked down...rip...

...not sure if Crash is still around, in queens...we were friends with mike cruz and would go every so often...

damn so no one went to limelight on here? wtf? I also want to know if anyone remembers the names of the hot clubs in Manhattan before factory .....i think it was Arena? Club USA? help me out someone. I personally hated Jersey clubs so I hung in NYC

Arena is or was Palladium, that was the name they used for JR. party on sat. nights

Here are a few that I know of, back in the day.

1018- now called Roxy

Emerald City- from what I recall, only went once, very nice club.

Palladium- which I think now are dorms or something.

China Club has been around for years, just has moved around the city a few times.

The World nightclub- was part of the WWF building in times square, Went once, I think when Denny Tsettos was doing a guest spot, but that has now closed up shop and Hard rock is now in that spot.

That is all I recall of my clubing years in NY, but I was not much of a NY person, stayed in NJ mostly.

world does not belong on your list. pretty sure that opened post 2000. clubs you mentioned were pre 1997

world does not belong on your list. pretty sure that opened post 2000. clubs you mentioned were pre 1997

Thats fine, your have a point

Consider World taken off the list.

How about Webster Hall in it's place, that place has been around since the early 90's right or even 80's

Guest gabo
damn so no one went to limelight on here? wtf? I also want to know if anyone remembers the names of the hot clubs in Manhattan before factory .....i think it was Arena? Club USA? help me out someone. I personally hated Jersey clubs so I hung in NYC
Arena was the party I believe, the club was palladium.

I dont have myspace so i can only see the one pic of her... can someone fill me in here what Iam missing.

who r u guys talking about? if its me... yeah Im a cheesy 80's chick, hahahahaha get over your self loser, im only 30 so in 89 I was 13 jackass. damn this board may even be more fucked up then NJ guido. all I did was ask a question and i get ripped on.

Guest gabo
who r u guys talking about? if its me... yeah Im a cheesy 80's chick, hahahahaha get over your self loser, im only 30 so in 89 I was 13 jackass. damn this board may even be more fucked up then NJ guido. all I did was ask a question and i get ripped on.
i didnt rip on u... I just wanted to see pics is all.