Baked Lays Appreciation Thread

From

http://www.fitamerica.com/famd/articles/10topfoods.asp

"HEALTHY CHIPS” LIKE BAKED LAYS OR

THOSE CONTAINING OLESTRA CAN BE

MORE DANGEROUS TO YOUR HEALTH

THAN REGULAR CHIPS.

Baked Lays,
almost as calorie dense as original Lays, are a highly processed mixture of dehydrated potato and food starch pressed into a chip shape, full of carcinogenic chemicals.

• Olean/Olestra potato chips.

• <LI class=bullets>Can cause "anal oil leakage" or a variety of gastrointestinal problems, as reported on the bag.

<LI class=bullets>Block fat absorption which alters your body’s ability to absorb valuable nutrients contained in the healthy foods you eat.

• Stops your body from properly absorbing carotenoids and other valuable phytochemicals that protect your body from heart disease, cancer and macular degeneration.

From http://www.worldhealth.net/p/potato-chip-chemical-may-cause-13-of-diet-cancers-2005-06-23.html

Public health attorneys in California have potato chip makers in their sights for not listing a cancer-causing chemical present in many brands.

That chemical is acrylamide. It is an industrial chemical used in plastics, pesticides and sewage treatment that also can occur when starchy foods, such as chips, are processed at high temperatures.

The World Health Organization has said acrylamide may be responsible for up to one-third of all cancers caused by diet, as demonstrated by laboratory animal studies. Acrylamide is already on California's list of chemicals known to cause cancer, but some chipmakers haven't listed it on their product packaging as required by Proposition 65 statute.

The attorneys have filed Proposition 65 notices with the manufacturers of Lays, Pringles, Kettle Chips and Cape Cod chips. Research has shown those brands have unsafe levels of acrylamide in some of their chip varieties. The study looked at one ounce servings, which ranged from 11 to 20 chips depending on the brand, and determined the acrylamide content was substantially more than the 0.2 micrograms per day amount which prompts the Proposition 65 warning.

The brands tested and cited for high levels of acrylamide are: Lay's Baked!, Lay's Stax BBQ, Lay's KC Masterpiece. Lay's Natural Country Barbecue, Lay's Light KC Barbecue Masterpiece, Pringles Snack Stacks (Pizzalicious Flavor), Pringles Sweet Mesquite BBQ, Kettle Chips Lightly Salted, Kettle Chips Honey Dijon, Cape Cod Robust Russet and Cape Cod Classic Chips.

"HEALTHY CHIPS” LIKE BAKED LAYS OR

THOSE CONTAINING OLESTRA CAN BE

MORE DANGEROUS TO YOUR HEALTH

THAN REGULAR CHIPS.

Baked Lays,
almost as calorie dense as original Lays, are a highly processed mixture of dehydrated potato and food starch pressed into a chip shape, full of carcinogenic chemicals.

• Olean/Olestra potato chips.

• <LI class=bullets>Can cause "anal oil leakage" or a variety of gastrointestinal problems, as reported on the bag.

<LI class=bullets>Block fat absorption which alters your body’s ability to absorb valuable nutrients contained in the healthy foods you eat.

• Stops your body from properly absorbing carotenoids and other valuable phytochemicals that protect your body from heart disease, cancer and macular degeneration.

Public health attorneys in California have potato chip makers in their sights for not listing a cancer-causing chemical present in many brands.

That chemical is acrylamide. It is an industrial chemical used in plastics, pesticides and sewage treatment that also can occur when starchy foods, such as chips, are processed at high temperatures.

The World Health Organization has said acrylamide may be responsible for up to one-third of all cancers caused by diet, as demonstrated by laboratory animal studies. Acrylamide is already on California's list of chemicals known to cause cancer, but some chipmakers haven't listed it on their product packaging as required by Proposition 65 statute.

The attorneys have filed Proposition 65 notices with the manufacturers of Lays, Pringles, Kettle Chips and Cape Cod chips. Research has shown those brands have unsafe levels of acrylamide in some of their chip varieties. The study looked at one ounce servings, which ranged from 11 to 20 chips depending on the brand, and determined the acrylamide content was substantially more than the 0.2 micrograms per day amount which prompts the Proposition 65 warning.

The brands tested and cited for high levels of acrylamide are: Lay's Baked!, Lay's Stax BBQ, Lay's KC Masterpiece. Lay's Natural Country Barbecue, Lay's Light KC Barbecue Masterpiece, Pringles Snack Stacks (Pizzalicious Flavor), Pringles Sweet Mesquite BBQ, Kettle Chips Lightly Salted, Kettle Chips Honey Dijon, Cape Cod Robust Russet and Cape Cod Classic Chips.

wow.. never even realized that.

No more Baked Lays for me...ill stick with my Pirate's Booty.

Thanks Frederick.

Hale and Hearty soups will always be good in my book, twice this week ive had em!
yea Chicken Tomato Florentine is to die for.

Im surprised you dont eat at Chipotles.

Chipotles for me today - burrito bowl w/ black beans, tiny bit of rice, grilled steak, peppers, onions, and a load of fresh tomatoes with sour cream on the side.

hmmm so i hear little dick nomemebername's real name is Michael, he refused to post a pic of himself.. which explains the ugliness... and he was recently engaged.... I also hear that this board is dead cause all he does is bash people and has like 2 friends. The boy is definately not getting fucked i guess. What a sin and waste of a member

yea Chicken Tomato Florentine is to die for.

Im surprised you dont eat at Chipotles.

Chipotles for me today - burrito bowl w/ black beans, tiny bit of rice, grilled steak, peppers, onions, and a load of fresh tomatoes with sour cream on the side.

I had Senegalese chicken yesterday and Jambalaya on Monday

Used to eat chipolte's when i worked near grand central, but a friend of mine told me they are owned by mcdonalds, so i dunno.

I had Senegalese chicken yesterday and Jambalaya on Monday

Used to eat chipolte's when i worked near grand central, but a friend of mine told me they are owned by mcdonalds, so i dunno.

Have you tried the Mac n Cheese with Beef? :laugh:

but even if they are what would make you stop? Not a fan of McDonald's corp?

LOADED with MSG and acrylamide and just as calorie dense as regular lays.

At least regular lays aren't linked to cancer (yet)

...if you're going to throw that out there, you should discuss the amounts consumed on average, 2-3 studies, etc...not saying it isnt true, but eating a chip here and there isnt going to cause your ass to leak and give you rectal cancer....

...if you're going to throw that out there, you should discuss the amounts consumed on average, 2-3 studies, etc...not saying it isnt true, but eating a chip here and there isnt going to cause your ass to leak and give you rectal cancer....
also, when they do those tests with mice... (ie: saccharin) they give them huge doses compared to their body sizes

...dont get me wrong, we have a problem in this country with diet, exercise, etc...and items like this are bad for you....BUT...if you eat healthy, exercise, etc...you can treat yourself to a bag of chips, a big mac, or another "shitty" food item once in a while...