Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Excellent Thread

I have some comments on this thread but this quote i think is something i wanna talk about. Sadly this era is being exposed to house in the worse possible way. Limiting themselves to only one or 2 djs that they hear and only one musical style and thinking its ok to go oout on download(steal) all the newest songs and have for thier collection. And also not care about the roots or the reason this culture even exists. Theres a problem when someone growing up to hosue now thinks that old school classic is from 2000 or some shit and doesnt know any better and probably never will.

As for morales not being big than boris thats a pretty tough statement right there. Morales goes way back to the loft in the 70's 80s and MADE his name in the mid 80s he doesnt have anything to prove to anyone. THe problem with him was he lost alot of his following when he starting mixing other styles of music with his origianl sound and it turned people off big time here in nyc. But all over the world the man is respected and when the history of house is written you can best be sure DAVID MORALES name will be held in a very high ranking.

I remember catching boris at discotheque thurs websterhall sats once in a while, never got into him. Heard him at asseteria and then at an after hrs party and i said no more, cant take his style. Its great that people are having a great time at his parties at crobar the thing i dont understand is if he draws 3000 people at crobar why doesnt he draw those numbers at other places he plays?

Luckily i grew up with house music being forced on me from a very young age(9) and well being from the projects you cant escape hip hop. Hip hop was some good shit up until about 95 since then its been all trash. House i think had its golden era from around 1986-1995/96 as well, if you have the vinyls then you know what i mean.

Since then its been splintered off to so many generes and levels (both good n bad) that some people have lost track of the pureness of a great house track and has also become more and more electronic focus instead of soul. Dont give me that shit about it always being electronic music, no shit. But theres a difference to the way some music is made today and some of the songs that are played today from certain genres/

Its sad when people hear for example that song that im sure BORIS has played "WORK THIS PUSSY" from last yr, and think its a new song and dont even know that the sample is taken from an old junior vasquez track under the name of ELLIS D "work this pussy". I wonder how many of boris crowd knows that.

Also its sad when people think of a vocal they think of something like i dunno LUZ DIVINA or someshit thats bubblegum packaged same girl voice and synthesizers and almost trancey beat instead of a Barbera tucker, kimblee, Byron stingly, joi cardwell, roland clark, robert owens, kenny bobien,etc.

Think about how old school hip hop fans can tell you how much better their era is musically then this generation and ask any dj over the age of 36/37 who was around from the 70s/80s early 90s and listen to how they say the club scene was better back then than it is now.