Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Pics of SHELTERS 15 yr anniversary party and grand opening of downtown location

wow. ^

No comment there.

But seriously. Stop and consider what you call "a good club".

Is it about looking "hott" and trying to feel all diva-ish and "pimp",

or is it about...going out and letting loose?

At 30+ will you still be out with the energy that these people possess?

probably not, because you might jsut fall victim under "the trend", and you dont even know it.

You might just be going along for the ride, cause this is "the kool thing to do"

got that Mr Dj?

wow. ^

No comment there.

But seriously. Stop and consider what you call "a good club".

Is it about looking "hott" and trying to feel all diva-ish and "pimp",

or is it about...going out and letting loose?

At 30+ will you still be out with the energy that these people possess?

probably not, because you might jsut fall victim under "the trend", and you dont even know it.

You might just be going along for the ride, cause this is "the kool thing to do"

got that Mr Dj?

nicely said, is shelter mostly an older group or is it mixed??

No offense but I didn't see one good lookin' person there. Are they all the people that couldn't get into the good clubs?

:laugh:

I didn't look at the pics and I know it is suppose "to be all about the music" but come on now...some hot chicks here and there certainly wouldn't hurt

Guest onisakura

If the main motivation for going out is to meet chicks then like someone else said, you'd fare better elsewhere. I've gone to cielo and it wasn't the most beautiful crowd i have seen but i'll tell you, everyone there had a unique style and presence that you just dont find among the sheep mentality at the big clubs.

And as far as the pics, everyone knows that some pics come out great and flattering while others come out looking like shit. Namely ones where you are in motion and not posing.

Shelter has been around for 15yrs, so obviously they must be doing something right, name another party in nyc that has had that type of longetivity and followers all over the world as well as an important part of house music history.

Theres a reason the crowd looks the way it looks, cause at shelter you come to dance and sweat till the lights come on. And go for yourself there are some lovely ladies at the parties who are dancing their hearts out.

0o0o0o damn in those pics i saw at least 30 middle life crisis, 20 over the hills, and like 35 baby mommas that need to be home with there kids not in some club shakeing there asss, and one wierd looking dude that was rocking leather gloves like MJ....that place is REALLY A SHELTER a fcuking HOMELESS SHELTER !!!!!!!!! I WOULD NEVER GO THERE

Guest onisakura
0o0o0o damn in those pics i saw at least 30 middle life crisis, 20 over the hills, and like 35 baby mommas that need to be home with there kids not in some club shakeing there asss, and one wierd looking dude that was rocking leather gloves like MJ....that place is REALLY A SHELTER a fcuking HOMELESS SHELTER !!!!!!!!! I WOULD NEVER GO THERE

So basically you're saying if youre not young, hot in that trendy mold look, standing around bobbing your head to DJ Gofuckyourself cause youre too cool, you have no business in a club? I hope you're someone starting shit for the hell of it cause i can't imagine people really believe that shit.

So basically you're saying if youre not young, hot in that trendy mold look, standing around bobbing your head to DJ Gofuckyourself cause youre too cool, you have no business in a club? I hope you're someone starting shit for the hell of it cause i can't imagine people really believe that shit.

lmao dj go fuckkk yaself!

Have you ever even been to Shelter? I've been living in NYC for 8 years now, I've been to ALL the clubs. Shelter has the hottest dance floor in the city, bar none.

If you are looking to meet some hotties, do some shots and hook up, its not the place for you.

That being said, Shelter is definately home to the Beautiful People!

I hate to say it because the almighty music gods or very industry types on here will get fired up, but Shelter is a club for true heads. If you say you love house and you can not apreciate Shelter. Your not a house head; Your just a crack head club kid.