Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DANNY TENAGLIA @ AVALON May 26th

indigonyc

i only saw him once, in new york, and i didn't care for his music or his attitude (no glowsticks, no cell phones, "do what i say 'cause i am the almighty and uptight danny tenaglia"). i usually give djs a "live 3 strikes, you're out" chance, but his being at avalon won't get me in for a second try :hey: . if he had been at the vanguard or spundae...

i only saw him once, in new york, and i didn't care for his music or his attitude (no glowsticks, no cell phones, "do what i say 'cause i am the almighty and uptight danny tenaglia"). i usually give djs a "live 3 strikes, you're out" chance, but his being at avalon won't get me in for a second try :hey: . if he had been at the vanguard or spundae...

For the record, it wasnt just DT. A lot of Vinyl regulars didn't want glowsticks (including me). It also had to do with the law/atmosphere/politics of clubs in NYC. A lot of clubs were being shut down and glowsticks are more of a rave/drug thing.

As far as the cell phones, people who are dancing don't want people just standing around on the dancefloor. They can easily go to the side to do that instead of wasting space.

If you don't like his music then I dunno what to tell you. You must have bad taste :P

btw Weyes i think we know each other from back in the day (i was bkln2la)

For the record, it wasnt just DT. A lot of Vinyl regulars didn't want glowsticks (including me). It also had to do with the law/atmosphere/politics of clubs in NYC. A lot of clubs were being shut down and glowsticks are more of a rave/drug thing.

As far as the cell phones, people who are dancing don't want people just standing around on the dancefloor. They can easily go to the side to do that instead of wasting space.

If you don't like his music then I dunno what to tell you. You must have bad taste :P

if one is going to set rules to which not everyone agrees, one cannot call the party "be yourself."

and if you don't like glowsticks, don't look. because vinyl didn't have a liquor license, it was well-known to have more drugs than other clubs in new york.

o, and hi, jimmy :) !

altho, one could argue that being without accessories such as cellphones and g-sticks truly are being themselves - no frills, no extras. ;)

might as well say the same thing about clothes :laugh2: .

oh... DT I'm hoping to show up for this one to celebrate and hump a pirates leg

hey girlie girl.. i need to call you to catch up.. i resigned from my old job and am working for a different cruise line in Ft. Lauderdale...

soo much to tell you.. hope all is well :love:

Miss you :heart:

Sup Bro I just moved out to LA from NY a month ago, I was a reg at Vinyl/Arc everyweek I haven't been to Avalon here yet how is it ? Do I need to buy tickets in advance or can i just go early and buy tickets online ? I havent seen DT since Vinyl shut down

Sup Bro I just moved out to LA from NY a month ago, I was a reg at Vinyl/Arc everyweek I haven't been to Avalon here yet how is it ? Do I need to buy tickets in advance or can i just go early and buy tickets online ? I havent seen DT since Vinyl shut down

def get a ticket

Honestly I dont care what people are doing whether they are swinging glow sticks, have sunglasses on, holding each other and swaying all over the place:laugh: :laugh: As long as they are having a good time and passsin on the posive vibes who really cares :)

...anyway, youre responding to the behavior you dont like with the same kind of behavior :P
:confused:
Honestly I dont care what people are doing whether they are swinging glow sticks, have sunglasses on, holding each other and swaying all over the place As long as they are having a good time and passsin on the posive vibes who really cares
exactly :clap2: !

the only exception i have to that is that there has to be enough room to do those things. i don't mind the flinging back and forth dance if there's room for it. if i get hit by people or their hair, it's not cool. glowstick twirlers only do their thing if and where there's room.