Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Memorial Day Wknd w/ Tiesto (Sun 5/28) @ Empire Ballroom

Dee Phunk

Per OM records, Andy Caldwell is playing Foundation Room tonight. I guess you guys have him coming by after his set there?

he might be playing foundation monday for godspeed but foundation is members only on the weekends

tiesto rocks!

Its amazing how DJ tiesto is one of the out right wakes DJ on the planet.

Has zero mixing skills,gets to sale out venues by playing bullshit.

Are people just on drugs? or can they not understand what a good DJ is.

That man SUCKS as a Dj...

I don't care how much money he makes,that doesn't make him a good DJ.

He just got to sale a wack laser show...Oh boy

Mr freeze

Rock steady crew.

C'mon now....

The only thing that's coming from your message is....

Jealousy

You are comparing two different types of DJ's. Tiesto doesn't mix and scratch ala old school hip hop DJ's like yourself, but to say he isn't a talented DJ is just not true. A lot of his sound is obviously "studio engineered" and his realm is the House/Trance musis scene.

He has an absolutely huge world wide following. If you don't believe me, head over to the Hard Rock Hotel Pool on Sunday May 28th at about 12 Noon.

And no, you don't have to be on drugs to vibe his sound.

Jay C

Thank you very much Jay!!

First of all you really don't know what good music is obviously to make a statement like that. Good music is what moves your body. In my case there is so much that moves my body even a little Classic Rock sometimes...Tiesto for Trance and Vocal Trance fans is awesome....He tells a story with his music...Almost like a country song or a gangsta rapper may tell his story in his song...he just does it set by set....

Now there are Two Types of Tiesto and I have heard them both...There is Concert Tiesto....who plays all his mainstream music because that is what most people know him by...Then there is club small venue Tiesto...which plays maybe 3 of his own tracks and 20 tracks from everyone else...Just hardcore trance tease your brain with highs and lows and buildups and breakdowns...So no matter what is your fortay your guaranteed to like him....

What other Dj has remixed so many other songs that made it to Billboard Status like him...All music is an opinion and your entitled to your own but to say that the man sucks obviously is not the concensus of Millions of others....

EP

C'mon now....

The only thing that's coming from your message is....

Jealousy

You are comparing two different types of DJ's. Tiesto doesn't mix and scratch ala old school hip hop DJ's like yourself, but to say he isn't a talented DJ is just not true. A lot of his sound is obviously "studio engineered" and his realm is the House/Trance musis scene.

He has an absolutely huge world wide following. If you don't believe me, head over to the Hard Rock Hotel Pool on Sunday May 28th at about 12 Noon.

And no, you don't have to be on drugs to vibe his sound.

Jay C

so did mc hammer and vanilla ice,and they sucked to.

CD palyer tiesto is not a DJ he is a CD player period.

the hard rock pool is alway packed,and its a big holiday.

I know he has a huge following and make millions of dollars but the facts are that he is whack.

FACT...

Mr freeze

Rock steady crew

Thank you very much Jay!!

First of all you really don't know what good music is obviously to make a statement like that. Good music is what moves your body. In my case there is so much that moves my body even a little Classic Rock sometimes...Tiesto for Trance and Vocal Trance fans is awesome....He tells a story with his music...Almost like a country song or a gangsta rapper may tell his story in his song...he just does it set by set....

Now there are Two Types of Tiesto and I have heard them both...There is Concert Tiesto....who plays all his mainstream music because that is what most people know him by...Then there is club small venue Tiesto...which plays maybe 3 of his own tracks and 20 tracks from everyone else...Just hardcore trance tease your brain with highs and lows and buildups and breakdowns...So no matter what is your fortay your guaranteed to like him....

What other Dj has remixed so many other songs that made it to Billboard Status like him...All music is an opinion and your entitled to your own but to say that the man sucks obviously is not the concensus of Millions of others....

EP

i Understand and what your saying is true but he is not a DJ he is a CD player.

Mr freeze

Rock steady crew

i Understand and what your saying is true but he is not a DJ he is a CD player.

Mr freeze

Rock steady crew

Okay my friend first off I tried to play the neutral postion...But now your just an idiot...First of Tiesto is the one who brought me to Dance Music...He is a DJ...He is a Producer, And an Artist...The man brought Dance Music to the States...And to say he is a CD player is the most idiotic thing I have ever heard...I have stood next to the man on the decks at ICE where they do have the Alpine CD Decks...but they also have the Two Turntables which he did most of his mixing from....The man is a musical genius...He makes remixes of songs live...in concert...And why dont you get your facts straight and go out and buy Tiesto in Concert 1 or 2...and you will clearly see on stage there is not a CD Case there is a Crate full of LPs...If your going to hate, get your facts straight first....

Not to mention that about a third of what you hear during a Tiesto set is music that he's performed on the spot with keyboards and drum pads, then sequenced them in to other tracks.

Out of the 200-250 gigs that Tiesto plays every year, it's only the 20 or so gigs that he does in an arena that feature over-the-top lighting, video, lasers, fireworks and live performers. Otherwise he's playing club gigs with the basic lighting that they have for every other night, for every other DJ. Not to mention, it's not like Tiesto was touring with special effects when he was an unknown 10 years ago.

There's a reason the guy is so incredibly popular on the club scene, and it's got nothing to do with marketing or music videos or anything else that brought such popularity to Vanilla Ice and MC Hammer. It's because he knows how to entertain a crowd, knows how to mix, knows when to drop, always throws in surprises and gets the dance floor going harder and later than the majority of his peers.

E and Greenie are both right on.

Mr Freeze....Man...I must admit..."Back in the Day"...when i was growing up poor in NY(upstate actually)---your crew and sound was the shit.(or at least who you represent) I have most of your crew's old stuff and I even go back to the days of the Treacherous Three.

I still give you love and respect you for your sound but your tired and played out attacks of people that you are obviously jealous of---(and please don't see this as an attack on you but rather an attack on your "hating" of people that are successful)needs to stop.

First it was OPM's Resident(Masterweb)(who spearheads a top Notch operation at his club)then it was other Vegas DJ's and now Tiesto? Give it break my brother.

It's OK for you to personally dislike people's sounds but to say they are wack is ludicrous at best. You have a mountain of supporting evidence that directly contradicts your opinion. But that's why it's called an opinion.

Respect brother!

Jay C

.The man brought Dance Music to the States.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, hold on a minute there. If you think Tiesto is a pioneer of dance music in the US, then you are absolutely beyond ignorant of dance music history. A lot of people from Chicago, detroit and NYC would definitely have something to say about how Tiesto "brought dance music to this country". Do yourself a favor, and do not ever say something like this on here again because all that will come of it is you make yourself look ridiculous.

If you like Tiesto, that's fine. Don't give him credit for things he had nothing to do with though. House music was rockin' in this country while Tiesto was in school learning his ABC's, and if you didn't know that then perhaps you should go learn before saying things like "The man brought dance music to this country."

Whoa, whoa, whoa, hold on a minute there. If you think Tiesto is a pioneer of dance music in the US, then you are absolutely beyond ignorant of dance music history. A lot of people from Chicago, detroit and NYC would definitely have something to say about how Tiesto "brought dance music to this country". Do yourself a favor, and do not ever say something like this on here again because all that will come of it is you make yourself look ridiculous.

If you like Tiesto, that's fine. Don't give him credit for things he had nothing to do with though. House music was rockin' in this country while Tiesto was in school learning his ABC's, and if you didn't know that then perhaps you should go learn before saying things like "The man brought dance music to this country."

Sorry my friend did not mean to get you so fired up in a negative way. In certain aspects both you and I are right...Chicago, and NYC really are the pioneers of house music. However during that time it was mostly an underground thing. What I meant by bringing Dance Music to the states was he was one of the original people to bring it to the Mainstream front. Which in turn by making it on the Billboards got it to the radios, which in turn got it in the clubs....the Mainstream clubs...I was in no way taking any thing away from some of the other great dance music artist. Sorry....

Okay my friend first off I tried to play the neutral postion...But now your just an idiot...First of Tiesto is the one who brought me to Dance Music...He is a DJ...He is a Producer, And an Artist...The man brought Dance Music to the States...And to say he is a CD player is the most idiotic thing I have ever heard...I have stood next to the man on the decks at ICE where they do have the Alpine CD Decks...but they also have the Two Turntables which he did most of his mixing from....The man is a musical genius...He makes remixes of songs live...in concert...And why dont you get your facts straight and go out and buy Tiesto in Concert 1 or 2...and you will clearly see on stage there is not a CD Case there is a Crate full of LPs...If your going to hate, get your facts straight first....

Does he happen to have a lap top next him and uses serato?

Look,his a musician not a DJ.

Mr freeze

Rock steady crew

E and Greenie are both right on.

Mr Freeze....Man...I must admit..."Back in the Day"...when i was growing up poor in NY(upstate actually)---your crew and sound was the shit.(or at least who you represent) I have most of your crew's old stuff and I even go back to the days of the Treacherous Three.

I still give you love and respect you for your sound but your tired and played out attacks of people that you are obviously jealous of---(and please don't see this as an attack on you but rather an attack on your "hating" of people that are successful)needs to stop.

First it was OPM's Resident(Masterweb)(who spearheads a top Notch operation at his club)then it was other Vegas DJ's and now Tiesto? Give it break my brother.

It's OK for you to personally dislike people's sounds but to say they are wack is ludicrous at best. You have a mountain of supporting evidence that directly contradicts your opinion. But that's why it's called an opinion.

Respect brother!

Jay C

Thank you for the respect, but IM not jealous or hatting on anyone.

come on man he does nothing special.

He plays CDs ... web master and I had a problem because he was trying to say, that I didn't hear what I heard, when it came to DJ am...hole diferent story and we are know cool...

The facts are teato he gets paid lots of paper sales out shows,he has a great publicist,he produces music... but he is NOT A DJ.

Mr freeze

Rock steady Crew