Clubplanet Nightlife Community

MDW pool parties, Friday-Monday

greenie

In-progress update of the pool parties I've started to hear about. Hopefully others can add to the list or confirm/deny some of the rumors.

Friday

Flamingo: Has reportedly spent some cash upgrading the 21+ area of the pool (the upper oval). "Locally-known" DJs spinning "mostly house." Friday Bacardi Bash 4pm-9pm, no cover. Before 4pm, unknown cover charge for non-guests.

Hooters: Weekend-long pool party starts at 5pm. Upgraded the old San Remo pool to a beach layout (i.e. sand) and added a 60-person hot tub. Live bands (rotating reggae acts and a Jimmy Buffet cover band), pig roasts, Hooters girls. No cover.

Saturday

Red Rock: The Cherry pool deck has a "national" DJ spinning house. Claim to have a Funktion sound system set up outside. 11am-6pm. Cover $10-20.

Caesar's: The Venus pool (now run by Pure Management Group) with Mike Swift and/or DJ Hollywood. Music varied. Targeted to VIP guests of the hotel but there will be "limited" access available to the public for an unknown cover charge.

Flamingo: Saturday Bacardi Bash, 3pm-8pm. See above.

Sunday

Hard Rock: The most insane Rehab ever, word is HR is expecting to turn away thousands. Tiesto from 6pm-8pm (according to tiesto.com). No confirmation on cover yet, will be at least $30 for guys. No advance sales so get there early.

Red Rock: Cherry pool deck with DJ Skribble spinning house. 11am-6pm. Cover $10-20.

Caesar's: See above

Monday

Hard Rock: The follow-up to Rehab, called Relax, is an "industry pool party." No other info yet.

Caesar's: Pure's "industry party" at the Venus Pool. No other info yet.

Other Spots

Kind of surprised that no special events are being promoted at Palms, Mandalay/Moorea, MGM Grand (the 21+ "Director's Pool"), Mirage (which now has the 21+ "Bare" pool) or Green Valley. I have heard from people and read in a few places that there are no currrent plans yet to bring back either the party at Moorea (Mandalay) or Nirvana (GVR).

Access to pools on non-party days

I've heard from both official resort reps and local friends in the industry that many of the major pools are going to be very strict about access on Fri, Sat, Sun and Mon, limiting the pools to hotel guests only or charging cover for non-guests, even when there's not a special event. Cabanas are currently reserving at 2x-5x their normal weekend rates.

i've called to get a cabana at Red Rock - they say they are not booking cabanas for non-hotel guests and i swear she said non-guests can't get in either. we have a connection trying to arrange a cabana for us but its not done yet.

i've also called about the Venus pool and got a voicemail. waiting for them to call back.

i think the reason that the Palms isn't have any parties is due to the pool renovation not being completed yet.

hopefully by tomorrow this time i'll have a cabana reserved at Rehab :)

Anyone have updates, confirmation of anything?

Only additional bit I've learned is that 21+ cabana rentals at Flamingo this weekend include a bottle of your choice. (I guess "famlly" cabana rentals include lunch for 6).

Spoke to a friend who deals at Palms. I guess the second phase of their pool renovation is somewhat behind schedule, so they won't be pushing their pool until mid-June at the earliest.

Pool partes are only as good as the people they attract. Most of those will tank because (a) lack of publicity about them and (B) some of the crowds at those pools arent really worth going out of your way (not at ur hotel).

Anyone have updates, confirmation of anything?

Only additional bit I've learned is that 21+ cabana rentals at Flamingo this weekend include a bottle of your choice. (I guess "famlly" cabana rentals include lunch for 6).

Spoke to a friend who deals at Palms. I guess the second phase of their pool renovation is somewhat behind schedule, so they won't be pushing their pool until mid-June at the earliest.

how much were the Flamingo cabanas and were they even available?

i'm staying at the Rio and last week they were already sold out for the entire MDW.