Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Financial Security

Even though renting saves $1000 a month,

ur not saving..ur putting it into someone elses pocket..instead of back into ur own. every penny u put into ur mortgage comes back to u in the form of that house. every penny u put into ur rent...u never see again. so how exactly r u saving??

and its "chauvinist", Mr. McKinsey employee

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest onisakura
lmfao ...Onisakura is a real estate broker now?

and for the record i have dibs on jenbabe

EW. A broker? DEFINITELY not anything close to an expert.

Thats probably one of the worst insults you could give me Serg. Also, he was making a pun on jim's little tagline, spelling nazi.

Guest onisakura
he said ur the CP resident expert on the housing market...which would infer broker

Not at all my dear. :) Brokers are HARDLY the experts on the real estate market. Besides, there is more to real estate than just the market.

Alright, Jimk, you got me: I actually went back and checked what I wrote there. I guess you need to brush up on your Reading Comprehension skills, it's been a while since you took your SATs, huh? Or are you saying you don't believe a girl can kick a man out of her house? You are such a Sheevanist!

Yes it has been a long time, and based on the bullshit that you wrote I hardly read your post, I skimmed it. He kicked out, she kicked out is irrelevant details. The point is they had the house for 6 months.

Serious question, how old are you?

Guest onisakura
Yes it has been a long time, and based on the bullshit that you wrote I hardly read your post, I skimmed it. He kicked out, she kicked out is irrelevant details. The point is they had the house for 6 months.

Serious question, how old are you?

For some reason, i think he's very young.

For some reason, i think he's very young.

I get that too, that's why I'm asking. I can't see many people my age thinking that renting is better than buying.

C'mon, boys: don't you think there will be great career opportunities for which you'd move? Or maybe enjoy your money now so that you're ready to settle down once you meet The Right Woman?

You know what else I find amusing, is that after you called me a "sheevanist" you go and ask the boys if they would move for a career opportunity. Bitches work to you know! :funny:

Guest onisakura
he's def young..he went to cancun for spring break this year..19 tops...

Yeah i seem to have it in my head that he's not over 21. I think i read that somewhere.

If that's the case I'd say you've lost more than a step or two.

hey i mean ill bo honest i got my shit together. I just party it up on the weekends. Dont do shit during the week at all. Got a good job and my goels are set. Lexus by 30, 35 my own place that I OWN. We're right on track and looking good. If you want to be 27 and live that boring gf/bf life and go out to dinner every friday. Then thats you, i personally think that shit is way to layed back and boring for me. I need to be free and live that shit up......soooo ummm, go fuck yourself???

On the other hand if i met the right women im open to settle down. But as of now im all about money, hoe's, and clothes!!

Relax, everyone, you're getting too emotional. The weather's nice, long weekend's coming, JP will be at the Mixx... Do relax!

So:

1. Unless the real estate bubble bursts, every penny that you put into mortgage does come back to you. But what you paid for maintenance does not. Neither does mortgage interest. Neither do real estate taxes. I don't think anybody here wants to take out a fucking calculator and do the benefit analysis of tax deductions, do you?

2. When your monthly rent is $1000 less than your mortgage, interest, maintenance and real estate taxes, you can take that $1000 and invest it. How much do housing prices increase annually on average, 3%? On average S&P 500 gives you 8% a year. Even T-bills give you 4.5% right now, and the historical average is 6%.

3. When you're in the last year of your MBA programs, Law Schools, Medical Schools and PhD pursuits - try taking the Spring Break week and going to Cancun. And be sure to take lots of pictures ;)

hey i mean ill bo honest i got my shit together. I just party it up on the weekends. Dont do shit during the week at all. Got a good job and my goels are set. Lexus by 30, 35 my own place that I OWN. We're right on track and looking good. If you want to be 27 and live that boring gf/bf life and go out to dinner every friday. Then thats you, i personally think that shit is way to layed back and boring for me. I need to be free and live that shit up......soooo ummm, go fuck yourself???

Are you serious, your main goal is to have a Lexus by 30? Wow, you are fucking retarded. Good luck with that.

I'm 28, I'm engaged, but believe me, there are people on this board who know me, and I by no mean lead a boring life. Out to dinner on a Friday night? who eats on the weekend?

Relax, everyone, you're getting too emotional. The weather's nice, long weekend's coming, JP will be at the Mixx... Do relax!

So:

1. Unless the real estate bubble bursts, every penny that you put into mortgage does come back to you. But what you paid for maintenance does not. Neither does mortgage interest. Neither do real estate taxes. I don't think anybody here wants to take out a fucking calculator and do the benefit analysis of tax deductions, do you?

No I don't, but you do get to write off a % of your maintenance, and you get to write off interest paid on your mortgage.

So:

2. When your monthly rent is $1000 less than your mortgage, interest, maintenance and real estate taxes, you can take that $1000 and invest it. How much do housing prices increase annually on average, 3%? On average S&P 500 gives you 8% a year. Even T-bills give you 4.5% right now, and the historical average is 6%.

3%? have you been in la la land the last 5 years? I'll give you it's not the average, but come on...

I've had my place for 10 months, it's gone up 11% in value.

Are you serious, your main goal is to have a Lexus by 30? Wow, you are fucking retarded. Good luck with that.

I'm 28, I'm engaged, but believe me, there are people on this board who know me, and I by no mean lead a boring life. Out to dinner on a Friday night? who eats on the weekend?

yo thats good for you. I know a couple heads that are enguaged. That lifestyle is just not for me at this point in my life. I mean maybe ill feel different if i met the one, but i havent come close. I guess the shits in my blood i dont know. My dad was going out to studio 54, limelight, etc in his early to mid 30's. Now i work for him and he shares all his stories with me :)

and im actually heading up to Montreal for memorial day weekend to practice what i preach. Titties in my face for 3 days straight!!!

Guest onisakura
what is your title again? refresh my memory... i recall something about title insurance.

My title is in my profile. :)