Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Anyone to IBIZA this summer?

Hey!!!

Anyone going to IBIZA this summer? I am planning to go alone, not sure what dates yet but most likely will be late July/early August...still trying to decide where to stay...Ibiza Town or San Antonio? From the research i did San Antonio is a lot less expensive but apparently not as nice...anyone can offer some advice? Since I am going alone i want to stay in a place where I can step off my hotel and meet people like crazy...and i dont mind noise...hell who goes to sleep to Ibiza...also what clubs should be the ones to check out for sure? Anyone ever been in El DIVINO? I know i will def go to Pacha, Privilige and Space...well please feel free to post your replies...and advice on anything you can think of...

See ya!

Hey!!!

Anyone going to IBIZA this summer? I am planning to go alone, not sure what dates yet but most likely will be late July/early August...still trying to decide where to stay...Ibiza Town or San Antonio? From the research i did San Antonio is a lot less expensive but apparently not as nice...anyone can offer some advice? Since I am going alone i want to stay in a place where I can step off my hotel and meet people like crazy...and i dont mind noise...hell who goes to sleep to Ibiza...also what clubs should be the ones to check out for sure? Anyone ever been in El DIVINO? I know i will def go to Pacha, Privilige and Space...well please feel free to post your replies...and advice on anything you can think of...

See ya!

Don't go to San An. It's all drunk Brits, and it has no feeling of being in Spain.

You might want to look into El Puerto hotel in Ibiza town, only a couple blocks from the main drag there and it's nice.

El Divino is just ok. The terrace is is sick because you have an awesome view of Ibiza town (it's right across the marina).

Hey bro, depends on what you want out of your Ibiza/Eivissa experience.

If you want a holiday surrounded by idiots, meatheads, drunkards, drugged-out user/losers and women who think they're good enough to outshine Girls Gone Wild - but haven't even got that much class - then go spend your holiday in San Antonio.

If you want a bit more knowledge, history, euro-cosmopolitan and beauty - stay in Ibiza Town.

If you, like I do, want a place up in the valleys, where you can relax and really enjoy your holiday - get a villa with pool, get some people together to spread the cost - I like San Josep.

If you go to this link and use the Google Earth map, you can have a good look at the areas you may wanna be in,

http://www.ibizaholidays.com/google-earth-ibiza/google-map.asp

Theres a couple of really nice restaurant/bar/clubs outside of the main areas - like Bambuddha Grove & Aura, which completely rock for a way different type of feel.

In the end, its your choice and whatever you do choose, i hope u have a rockin' vacation

Peace

DJ Hoki (NZ/UK)

Hey guys thanks a lot for the suggestions...yeah i have read the same stuff about San Antonio...living in NY I am more used to the Cosmopolitan atmosphere but at the same time i am looking for a cheap place to stay...last year I went to Prague for a week and didnt even sleep in the hotel...so that is why i want just a place to leave my belongings and get some sleep and a shower...i read about the hotels you guys have mentioned but they seemed a bit pricey for the time i want to go (late July), any other cheaper places...also how weird will it be going alone? will it be hard to meet people? where is teh best place to go and meet single girls?

Also what is teh best way to get over there? Anyone travelled from NY?

hey,

That s about the same time i am going too...did u booked hotels and airplane tickets already? if u did let me know what deal u got and where r u leaving from...i am in the process of looking that up too...i am looking for tips too...but as u can see from teh replys in the posting...San Antonio is a NO NO...lol...

• 2 weeks later...

hi everybody!

I'm a spanish guy, from Barcelona. I have been many times in Ibiza because it's very close.

I agree with everybody who said that san antoni is not the best place, it's full of drunk british, it's not the real Ibiza! Ibiza town or arround is better.

For me the best clubs are Space ( but it's an afterhour! from 8 p.m. until 5 p.m. ...), of course pacha, and amnesia! I don't like Divino, it's maybe because I prefer underground or cool parties, and divino is chic...

Overall, you have to know that every night depends on the party, look at this calendar! http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/night/club_dates_july_i.htm

It's full of different parties, you can choose if you know about the dj...

also don't forget Bora bora, the hottest club, it's in the beach, ans it's very different! try it!

About the dates, I would prefer july, because in august is very crowded, lines to get in the clubs, traffic jams....

If you have more questions tell me!

Finally, it's my turn. I gonna live in NYC for 5 months, I was last year and It was amazing! people, city, hanging out..... and I'm coming alone, so I need more information about the city , nightlife!

For me the best clubs are Space ( but it's an afterhour! from 8 p.m. until 5 p.m. ...), of course pacha, and amnesia! I don't like Divino, it's maybe because I prefer underground or cool parties, and divino is chic...

Pacha is a pretty chic place too, no?

Hi!

Yes, Pacha is also cool. I have been only in two parties at Pacha, on Fridays Pure Pacha, and monday Release Yourself. Pure Pacha is one of the coolest days!

As I said in Ibiza, everynight depends on the party....

I love Pacha... I'd say Sunday's at Space is the best party in the world, hands down. Pacha is one of the nicest clubs I've ever seen... being on the roof terrace while the sun is coming up, amazing.

• 3 weeks later...

I can't go this year.

If anyone wants to fly Iberia with only one stop in Madrid I have a ticket I can transfer - price is $1000 or best offer.

Iberia Airlines - departs JFK August 8 at 9:10 PM one stop in Madrid, arr Ibiza 4:20 PM. Return is August 17 (Ibiza - Madrid - New York) dep Ibiza 12:25 PM, stop in Madrid, arr NY 7:10 PM. $1000 or best offer to cover it. If you try to get this same ticket at Iberia.com, it will cost over $3000.

Please PM or email paris400@earthlink.net for more details.

where is teh best place to go and meet single girls?

San Antonio!!! Nice and easy British tarts (girls like this bring my country down haha) fuelled by loads of cheap alcohol from the west end. Shame about the clubs there... well, just a shame about San An generally!

I stayed in San An as I had limited resources too but I wouldn't bother again... look in to staying in Playa Den Bossa. Thats where Space and Bora Bora (and the water park) are and Ibiza Town is only a short bus ride away, Privilige and Amnesia are just a bit further again and the night buses will get you home ok.

Going alone shouldn't be too much of a problem - people on e tend to be quite friendly! Everyone is there for a good time so you shouldn't face any hostility and I'm sure people will think 'the more, the merrier' if you tagged along. In the bigger and better clubs, I'd say people are there more for the music than the chance to hook up with girls (or maybe I'm just too dam ugly?!?!?)...unless you go to Eden or Es Paradis in San An (I wouldn't call them the better clubs though). I've not been to Pacha so can't comment on chances of hooking up there.

Having said all that about San Antonio - it is worthwhile seeing sunset/rise from mambo or the coastline cafe. Pete Tong does his essential mix live from Mambo every friday night from about 6pm - I should think you could meet some girls there!