Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DT fans, need your help

here's what Danny posted on his site...

"What we're gonna do right here is go back, bbbbbbback, way back, back into time >>>>>>>

Hi all,

I hope everyones Christmas was FANTASTIK!

I also hope that no one ate as many carbs as my manager Kevin & I did! :0

Back to that diet for us >>>>>>>

Anyhow, I wanted to let everyone know way in advance so that there is no expectations on what you

think I might or might not play this coming Friday night at our first ever "Classics party" Vol 1.

My intention is to start the night out with very old music from the early seventies and work

my way and weave through the years in no specific sequenced order.

This is NOT a Paradise Garage only Classics party! My I.D. was on the flier for novelty sake.

My MAIN INTENTION with this party is to play music that I feel would be played now

at clubs like the Paradise Garage had it still been opened until this day.

Most people know that there have been TONS of DJ's, Artist, Producer's etc..

that have heavily influenced me in my career, but no one comes close to how

much Larry Levan (r.i.p.) himself has influneced me as a DJ, and I feel if he

was alive today and spinning he would be playing MANY of the records I now play

@ Vinyl.

The Paradise Garage was NOT only about screaming diva vocal records.

Larry Levan WAS the innovater that most of us NY DJ's looked up to because

of his diversity and unique craft. He embraced new styles and when he played them

we ALL immediately wanted to know what they were. Yes, the Garage to was often

full of "Trainspotters"! : )

When we first heard songs like "Magnifecent Dance" by : THE CLASH or "Numbers"

By; KRAFTEWERK, or "Wordy Rappinghood" By: The Tom Tom Club, or "Once in a Lifetime"

By: The Taliking Heads" or (GAG) >> "EVERYBODY by : M A D O N N A! Yes, MADONNA herself.....

He played ALL types of music there. (NOTE) Madonna's first live performance was @ the P.G.!

Garage was honestly mostly an uptempo R&B related music club and that's the way we liked it.

When we heard a song like "Clouds" by Chaka Khan or "Keep On" by : D-Train, we all ran to the floor

if we weren't already on it, but we also lovbed how Larry blended the new stuff and "alternative" artist

in his programming throughout the night as well. The Garage was : Three many Things" smile.gif

We just never catergorized the music the way it is today. It was either good and enjoyable to hear

at such a club or it wasn't. Simple as that. Yes, Saloul, Prelude and West End and various other labels

like Island, Casablanca, Epic, Columbia, Atlantic & Warner etc.. were also knocking out hit after hit that

were played not only there, but at almost every influentioal club in NY and beyond.

So to end this story that could easily become a novel........

My night will reflect my influences from Larry and the Garage as well as David Mancuso at

The Loft, Tee Scott, Bruce Forest and Shep Pettibone @ The Better Days club on 49th St.

Tony Humphries @ Zanzibar in NJ, also Jellybean was MAJOR at Xenon & Funhouse, etc.. etc..

Def Mix, Masters @ Work, Roger S., Roert Owens, Liz Torrres, Basement Boys (hi niki) Mood To Swing,

Ten City, DJ PIERRE, .. All the way via artist and producers like Kevin Saunderson, Lil Louis, X-Press 2,

Larry Heard, (This list could go on forever as well) All have made music that WITHOUT A DOUBT

would have often been played at not only "The Garage", but most clubs anywhere, had their doors not closed.

So, This is my tribute to the Past, Present, Future and Beyond >>>>>>>>>>

Let's just say, don't be surpised if you hear an "Underground Sounf of Lisbon" track

not too far after or before a Kerri Chandler song. I will also still play several songs that

are yet unreleased and are already big hits for me @ Vinyl. (of course) smile.gif

I will try my best to mix these together but it will be hard for obvious reasons.

Hey, I've always admitted and often said the secret and mystery about myself was probably that

>>>>>> "I'm quite often consistently inconsistent!" (Somehow it worked for me too, thanks Larry)! smile.gif

I might even have to narrate every now & then! ;0

If you don't feel what we feel @ Vinyl, then your @ the wrong party!

I'm just gonna Zip Up My Boots, and take ya'll Back To the Roots!

peace, love & soul makoosa,

dt smile.gif "

yes the night is gonna be off the hook...i submitted a list of 100 songs to DT last night, LOL...i cut it down to 23 today...But the night will definitely be one NOT NOT I REPEAT NOT TO MISS...

If anyone needs <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank"> guest list</A> info, feel free to email me @ mac@thekopproject.com or my other address...

Peace, Love & Grease !

------------------

Gigs : Sound Factory, Saturday 11/25...12-4

"Music is my mistress, and she plays second fiddle to no one." Louis Armstrong

tit.gif

FeelTheseBeats@aol.com

i was planning to drop by vinyl on fridays to listen to DT live for a long time now, never really worked out... this friday my friends and i will probably make it. however, as it appears on his website, this friday there will be a first ever "Classics party" Vol 1.

now, do you guys know what that will be like? would those be classics remixed? played as they are? techno? trans? Disco?

what do you expect?

i love his albums, never heard him live, and it would suck if i come to see him for the first time and he spins some cheesy techno...

any input appreciated, ladies and gentlemen smile.gif

------------------

i look and there is nothing!